IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Shifting Sound "beep"

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-15, 08:58 AM
ISFTOMMY
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Shifting Sound "beep"

has anyone found a way to remove the "beep" sound at redline? i love that it shows the yellow yellow then red but the beep can get annoying.
Old 10-21-15, 12:55 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thedude23
has anyone found a way to remove the "beep" sound at redline? i love that it shows the yellow yellow then red but the beep can get annoying.
Hell i want to know how to make it louder!! Anyone know how?

I like the beep.... Reminds me of my old VTEC controller i had on my BB6 Prelude..
Old 10-21-15, 01:08 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just get a super loud exhaust and headers, like my Meisterschaft and PPE combo. I can't hear the beep anymore.
Old 10-21-15, 01:33 PM
foxprime
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

earplugs
Old 10-21-15, 03:07 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Its an amazing design feature in my book. It really helps when you are on the track and you are unable to look down. Its the closest thing to the Ferrari shift lights on the steering wheel. Its a great feature

PS Dont think you can do a thing about it. Tiff Nedel hated it too on the 5th Gear ISF review
Old 10-21-15, 05:42 PM
XutvJet
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Where does the sound come from? The primary audio speakers or somewhere else?
Old 10-21-15, 07:44 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
Hell i want to know how to make it louder!! Anyone know how?

I like the beep.... Reminds me of my old VTEC controller i had on my BB6 Prelude..
Me too! When I'm at the track with the windows down I can't hear anything over the exhaust and wind noise with my helmet on. I've hit the limiter more times than I care to admit because I can't hear the beep
Old 10-22-15, 09:17 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Its an amazing design feature in my book. It really helps when you are on the track and you are unable to look down. Its the closest thing to the Ferrari shift lights on the steering wheel. Its a great feature

PS Dont think you can do a thing about it. Tiff Nedel hated it too on the 5th Gear ISF review
5th gear can lick my left one
Old 10-22-15, 10:02 AM
parasitius
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you care about that? What I'd give to get rid of the g**damn punishment beeps when you first start the engine. Thought it would be the greatest thing about getting rid of my last car,... to finally not have to hear that **** anymore. Lo and behold, Lexus had the same d****ss idea that all car start-ups should be accompanied by random beeping.
Old 10-22-15, 10:45 AM
zen
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by parasitius
you care about that? What I'd give to get rid of the g**damn punishment beeps when you first start the engine. Thought it would be the greatest thing about getting rid of my last car,... to finally not have to hear that **** anymore. Lo and behold, Lexus had the same d****ss idea that all car start-ups should be accompanied by random beeping.
You meant the seat belt warning beeping ? If you click in the seat belt before you start the car, there is no beeping warning sound.
Old 10-22-15, 04:22 PM
parasitius
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by zen
You meant the seat belt warning beeping ? If you click in the seat belt before you start the car, there is no beeping warning sound.
Holy crap, serious?

I don't know if I'm more enraged or less enraged to know that All these years and it is supposed to tell me that? Very informative and useful beep. NOT!

Flabbergasted here. How am I supposed to have a hand free when I'm trying to put my phone in the windshield mount and... wow. I hate them. Am I somehow safer in a parked car with the seatbelt on than 10 seconds before when the engine was off? Oh man. That is so dumb. If somebody is going to kill me in my parked car, they can just as likely plow into me at high speeds when the engine is off.

Thanks for the info.
Old 10-22-15, 04:56 PM
v8sedan
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zen
Yeah, alway put.seatbelt on, so funny this one:'(
Old 10-22-15, 07:53 PM
Mach Tuck
Rookie

Originally Posted by parasitius
Holy crap, serious?

I don't know if I'm more enraged or less enraged to know that All these years and it is supposed to tell me that? Very informative and useful beep. NOT!

Flabbergasted here. How am I supposed to have a hand free when I'm trying to put my phone in the windshield mount and... wow. I hate them. Am I somehow safer in a parked car with the seatbelt on than 10 seconds before when the engine was off? Oh man. That is so dumb. If somebody is going to kill me in my parked car, they can just as likely plow into me at high speeds when the engine is off.

Thanks for the info.
Easy there, Killer. I just took mine to Lexus to have the audible warning turned off. I take my belt off as I enter my neighborhood so I can access my alarm clicker and pistol easier. I hated listening to the beeping as I drove down the road. Amd if you don't buckle while its moving? May God have mercy on your soul.

I would love to have the shift beeps turned off. Makes me drive around in D most of the time :/
Old 10-22-15, 11:37 PM
j3ff
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

There's a thread floating around here which lists the steps to turning off your seat belt beep.

It goes something like:
Acc on
Toggle odo; make sure it's not on trip A or B
Turn off
Turn on car then hold odo button for at least 10 seconds.
Put on seat belt.
Dash will show B-On/B-off.
Use odo to select.

This has worked on all my toyotas except my prius :/
Old 10-23-15, 12:39 AM
parasitius
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by j3ff
There's a thread floating around here which lists the steps to turning off your seat belt beep.

It goes something like:
Acc on
Toggle odo; make sure it's not on trip A or B
Turn off
Turn on car then hold odo button for at least 10 seconds.
Put on seat belt.
Dash will show B-On/B-off.
Use odo to select.

This has worked on all my toyotas except my prius :/
Thanks. I thought it was working, then, ... come back 1 hour later and setting wasn't saved. Now I need to figure out how you commit it to save permanently to memory.

Quick Reply: Shifting Sound "beep"