IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Another F - Fsport story

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-15, 02:39 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Another F - Fsport story

I had to take my car in for a warranty trim repair a week ago Friday. Took it in Friday morning expecting it to be ready by noon. At around 12:30 I got a call from the dealer informing that they managed to break all five moulding clips but only had three in stock so they would need to keep the car over the weekend until the new clips come in Monday morning. Problem for me was that I was headed out of toen very early Monday morning for a week long business trip. I told them they can keep the car all week as long as it is put away safe and no one takes it out for "test" drives. They assured me it will be safely kept indoors.

Anyway just got back from my trip and went to pick up the car this morning (Saturday) only to find that service was closed. I was starting to get disappointed because I had told them I would be picking it up Saturday morning, I asked the receptionist about my car and she told me that there was a note for me and that my car was at the main sales building. So I walked over and there it was sitting in the delivery area of the show room staged just like a new car delivery. It was nice to see my F in the same room as an RCF.

One of the sales ladies saw me come in and asked if it was my car. I informed her it was mine and she asked if she should open the door for me to take it out. I told her before I leave I wanted to say hello to one of the salesmen that I have dealt with in the past. So she looked around for him and then called him on the phone. So I am listening to her speak with him saying: "Yes Raymond, the gentleman with the IS is here to pick up his car (pause) you know the Fsport in the front." I couldn't believe this woman, presumably a trained Lexus salesperson calling my car an Fsport. It never ceases to amaze me how little some salespeople know about their own products. Anyway as I was leaving Raymond was kind enough to inform how he never tires of the sound of the V8 rumble. At least someone knows the F.

Just thought I would share this experience with you all.
Old 10-10-15, 02:51 PM
yoegster
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny, they need someone to sell the ES's and RX's
Old 10-10-15, 04:16 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

haha Not at all surprising. Regardless male or female- I know there are some employees at certain dealers that still don't know the difference between F and F sport. Pathetic when they don't even know the product in front of them. Some actually are present for the PDI and even when the vehicle arrives at the dealer, and they still don't know what product is what. Things I've heard on the lot were "Fs are like a gussied up version of the Camry SE; a sportier, luxury V6", "So...how are you liking your XSE?", and when asked which F was faster...."Oh, an IS350 will beat the IS250 for sure, but a 250 F will easily dominate a 350 base, but the IS350 F will always win, of course. It's the top of the F line." I don't like to call anyone stupid, but if an employee is going to converse with me about a vehicle and he/she is going to spit stuff out thinking I'm just a run of the mill customer who takes their words for truth, "stupid" is probably as kind as I can describe them. I'm not even saying employees need to know everything about a particular product, but if you're going to discuss a certain product with a potential buyer, that buyer probably has some sense as to what the product is and its specs, so it just makes them look unable to be taken seriously. It's somewhat relaxed when it's face to face and no one can bear witness, but once these people post crap online, it's for all to see what little knowledge they possess.
Old 10-10-15, 04:44 PM
kirk200
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reminds me of a Toyota dealership experience I had in Chapel Hill, NC about 15 years ago. While not exactly a Lexus story, it's still somewhat related in spirit...

I had my 1997 Supra Turbo in for state emissions check (just moved here back then), and I was looking through a window into the shop area, cringing a bit, watching the Toyota tech struggle, as he couldn't get my car into reverse (6-speed manual transmission). The Supra has a reverse gear lockout ring (standard of this Getrag transmission) - you need to lift up the ring, below the shifter ****, to engage reverse.

Anyways, I was nervous already, as this other guy (who happened to have some thick glasses) comes into the customer waiting area and says "Who drives the green Celica?" I am like WTF! My Supra is Royal Sapphire Pearl (RSP) - which is a shade or two off from Ultrasonic Blue Mica (USB)... and I am thinking "dude, my car is blue, and it's a SUPRA - wow

Nothing bad happened that day luckily, but I was really worried for a minute. Oh yes, I haven't been back there ever since...

- Kirk
Old 10-17-15, 02:58 PM
Sexylexy14
Driver School Candidate

]Hi fellow Lexus Lovers, I just bought my 3rd Lexus, 2nd IS250 and 1st FSport! Love, love Lexus! I ordered a fsport exhaust for it and should be installed next week. Does anyone have any thoughts on the exhaust? Call me crazy, but like that sound. I had Midas install a modified exhaust on my previous IS, sounded pretty good, but hoping this new exhaust will sound more deep. Anyone else had this done to their car?
Old 10-17-15, 04:05 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Sexylexy14
Hi fellow Lexus Lovers, I just bought my 3rd Lexus, 2nd IS250 and 1st FSport! Love, love Lexus! I ordered a fsport exhaust for it and should be installed next week. Does anyone have any thoughts on the exhaust? Call me crazy, but like that sound. I had Midas install a modified exhaust on my previous IS, sounded pretty good, but hoping this new exhaust will sound more deep. Anyone else had this done to their car?
Yes the Lexus IS250 F Sport exhaust will make your V6 sound a bit more robust..

Enjoy it and welcome to Club Lexus

Joe Z
Old 10-17-15, 05:39 PM
Sexylexy14
Driver School Candidate

Hey thanks for the input! I'm anxious for any ideas for my new car!
Old 10-17-15, 05:52 PM
USB_F
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey thanks for the input! I'm anxious for any ideas for my new car!
Definitely check out the is250 forums for ideas
Old 10-18-15, 08:29 AM
VDODSON
Driver

]Hi fellow Lexus Lovers, I just bought my 3rd Lexus, 2nd IS250 and 1st FSport! Love, love Lexus! I ordered a fsport exhaust for it and should be installed next week. Does anyone have any thoughts on the exhaust? Call me crazy, but like that sound. I had Midas install a modified exhaust on my previous IS, sounded pretty good, but hoping this new exhaust will sound more deep. Anyone else had this done to their car?
Pretty cool, you should check out the 250 forums for suggestions. I'm sure they have a wealth of knowledge.

Last edited by VDODSON; 10-19-15 at 10:29 AM.