IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Help!!! ISF is redlining @7200rpm!?!?

Old 10-04-15, 07:47 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope this follows with a tune for the RCF!!!

good work pulling the trigger bud!
Old 10-04-15, 08:10 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
I hope this follows with a tune for the RCF!!!

good work pulling the trigger bud!
Omg! Could you imagine?!?

I mean starting @467 vs 416 stock to stock.

Build interest, demonstrate an eager potential market ,

Me thinks they will build it IF demand and numbers are there.

This would a great avenue to open up the the Lexus tuning community

Let us all bow our heads and pray.... That I/H/E(squared) = 440 Whp!
Old 10-04-15, 09:16 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,837 Likes on 2,326 Posts

Neither one of those products will raise octane more than 0.3 points. The octane of the contents would have to be well over 200 to raise even one point on a full tank of fuel. It might work for one gallon, but it won't work for 2 or more. If you know anything about petrochemicals and octane you would never believe any of these claims for such a tiny volume of additive.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/autos/gasoline-faq/part3/ This is a pretty solid discussion of fuel octane, and once you read and understand it, you won't waste your money on something in a bottle.

And really - do you think we can't read? The part number on your ECM is a JDM part number, not used in any other market in the world, so stop trying to claim something else. It just is not true.
Attached Thumbnails Help!!! ISF is redlining @7200rpm!?!?-89661-53f30.jpg  
Old 10-04-15, 09:17 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

I wish a tune made +46hp. Again, I know of no normally aspirated modern car that can make anywhere near 46hp on a tune. especially a DI car which tend to run very high ignition advance already.

If someone said that they made 10-20hp on a tune + 96octane, I think that would be believable.

That said, I used the same Dashcommand iphone app, and took two datalogs to determine the "horsepower." both runs taken in 3rd gear, on the same road, in the same direction.

run1: 80 degrees outside temp, 459hp
run2: 50 degrees outside temp, 426hp

So it seems like if you want to make 33hp, you need to run higher air intake temps:-)

Rafi
Attached Thumbnails Help!!! ISF is redlining @7200rpm!?!?-dc1.png   Help!!! ISF is redlining @7200rpm!?!?-dc2.png  
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 10-04-15, 09:32 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Neither one of those products will raise octane more than 0.3 points. The octane of the contents would have to be well over 200 to raise even one point on a full tank of fuel. It might work for one gallon, but it won't work for 2 or more. If you know anything about petrochemicals and octane you would never believe any of these claims for such a tiny volume of additive.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/autos/gasoline-faq/part3/ This is a pretty solid discussion of fuel octane, and once you read and understand it, you won't waste your money on something in a bottle.

And really - do you think we can't read? The part number on your ECM is a JDM part number, not used in any other market in the world, so stop trying to claim something else. It just is not true.
LOL I tried looking it up and could not find anything. I figured it was suspicious
Old 10-04-15, 09:41 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Sir,

It's not that I think that you can't read , it's that's I think you are being somewhat rude.

I posed email and pics to document not obfuscate.

I'm going off what I was told in my (posted) email conversation with Novel.

Because of the pictures I included, you were able question the inconsistency that arises between a JDM Part and supposed USDM Tune. This is prudent and fruitful conversation. I welcome your furthering factual discovery. I also appreciate the education you provided about fuel additives.

However, I rather do not appreciate the insults, name calling , and false assignment of a hidden agenda that I do not possess.

Are we clear?
Old 10-04-15, 09:47 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RRRacing
I wish a tune made +46hp. Again, I know of no normally aspirated modern car that can make anywhere near 46hp on a tune. especially a DI car which tend to run very high ignition advance already.

If someone said that they made 10-20hp on a tune + 96octane, I think that would be believable.

That said, I used the same Dashcommand iphone app, and took two datalogs to determine the "horsepower." both runs taken in 3rd gear, on the same road, in the same direction.

run1: 80 degrees outside temp, 459hp
run2: 50 degrees outside temp, 426hp

So it seems like if you want to make 33hp, you need to run higher air intake temps:-)

Rafi
Do you know what actual dyno was?
Just curious.
Old 10-04-15, 09:48 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Insults? :Name calling? False assignment of a hidden agenda? Who did this? You should report those posts to the moderators. We don't tolerate any of those things on this forum. The problem is, I haven't seen any of what you claim in this thread. If I had, I would have asked another moderator to review the thread to be sure I was not missing something or allowing a personal attack to start/continue/expand.

If you think I have done any of this, I again recommend you identify those posts using the red triangle with the exclamation mark and escalate them to the moderating team for review. The site admin is very keen on making sure none of this happens.
Old 10-04-15, 09:52 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Insults? :Name calling? False assignment of a hidden agenda? Who did this? You should report those posts to the moderators. We don't tolerate any of those things on this forum. The problem is, I haven't seen any of what you claim in this thread. If I had, I would have asked another moderator to review the thread to be sure I was not missing something or allowing a personal attack to start/continue/expand.

If you think I have done any of this, I again recommend you identify those posts using the red triangle with the exclamation mark and escalate them to the moderating team for review. The site admin is very keen on making sure none of this happens.
Tone is very difficult to ascertain on a message board, if I'm appearing overly sensitive then I apologize .

Tell you what's what.

I'll do dyno, I'll post, we can discuss.

Fair?
Old 10-04-15, 10:07 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Totally fair, but I am very skeptical only because I have talked to others who have done the same thing, and the tune does not deliver in US cars. Works great on JDM cars, but for some reason, it does not stick with US cars. I really truly wish it different, but it has not been the case.

The real test is what does it deliver a month from now, and what does it deliver with normalized parameters. It is very easy to get bad dyno numbers on this platform, it is very temperature sensitive, and managing all the temperatures for a solid before and after dyno takes someone with special skills. I wish you the best of luck, and it would truly be awesome if Novel has found a solution for the problems everyone else had including SARD.
Old 10-04-15, 10:28 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Some of the posts in here are funny... There is even a bit of hypocrisy sadly..!!
( I'll just leave it at that )

Little known fact..
Novel came to Southern California a few years back a purchased a used CA - 2008 Lexus IS F
And shipped it to Japan..!!

This one even had the USA - Brake Pedal LSB performed..

If anyone has the means to make this work right, it will be them..!!

To the OP.. Congrats on the New Redline & Speed Limiter removal..

You want some further legitimacy to your upgrade...

DYNO your F with the stock ECU.. Leave the car on the DYNO.. SWAP to modified ECU..
And RE DYNO..

That way you can show everyone all the progress and/or power that was made..

Just my .02 cents

Joe Z
Old 10-04-15, 11:30 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Some of the posts in here are funny... There is even a bit of hypocrisy sadly..!!
( I'll just leave it at that )

Little known fact..
Novel came to Southern California a few years back a purchased a used CA - 2008 Lexus IS F
And shipped it to Japan..!!

This one even had the USA - Brake Pedal LSB performed..

If anyone has the means to make this work right, it will be them..!!

To the OP.. Congrats on the New Redline & Speed Limiter removal..

You want some further legitimacy to your upgrade...

DYNO your F with the stock ECU.. Leave the car on the DYNO.. SWAP to modified ECU..
And RE DYNO..

That way you can show everyone all the progress and/or power that was made..

Just my .02 cents

Joe Z
Thanks for the wisdom, sage advice

Btw gotta give props to the d'man himself . YOUR exhaust is why I bought my (new to Me) F in the first place.

It was installed on the car already before my purchase .

"Meanest, Sweetest, exhaust I have heard on a V-8 production car". Everyone, gear heads to soccer moms loves the sound the car makes. I've only ever seem one other F in San Antonio.(seen far more ferraris and lambos than Fs.)

Thank you! Your products are a special "gift" to this community.

I hope this Novel ECU provides as much enjoyment as your exhaust does. (Tall order for sure!)

But... Judging by my own "smiles per gallon" it's Gonna be COMPETITIVE!
Old 10-04-15, 01:07 PM
USB_F
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OP, we should meet up since I'm in Buda...only about 40 minutes from you.
Old 10-04-15, 06:45 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by IredSF
Do you know what actual dyno was?
Just curious.

Yes, my actual dynojet dyno numbers are all over the place. Anywhere from 350-375whp on a dynojet. It all depends on keeping the coolant temps low, and keeping the intake air temps close to ambient as possible... if you do not get consistent air intake temps, it is very easy to manipulate dyno readings on an ISF to get whatever you want, either intentionally or inadvertently.\

I actually feel I get more consistent results by datalogging and importing the results into Virtual Dyno. As long as I'm doing the runs on the same day, same direction, same road, the results are very consistent better represent what's happening on the road. But you have to be very consistent with how you do your runs, and do not use results from DC.

Rafi

Rafi.
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 10-04-15 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-05-15, 03:38 AM
samjones
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I want one of these

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help!!! ISF is redlining @7200rpm!?!?