IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Help!!! ISF is redlining @7200rpm!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-15, 06:55 PM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would like to see some dyno #'s and see if the tune don't learn its self back to stock, I myself am not really concerned about the smog stuff( have full cat less now) and only use 93 pump gas can OP confirm thses please

#1 has shift time in manual mode been adj ( made for quicker shifts )

#2 and rev limit set at ? RPM 7200 or 7400??

#3 throttle response ( without any controller ) been adj to be more responsive in sport mode

#4 and do you get an actual 100% WOT ?

thanks , glad to see something starting to happen with this, even if JDM, just use best fuel you can find, don't beat on it when its hot out.
Old 10-03-15, 07:26 PM
IredSF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
IMHO, the problem with IredSF is his attitude, it's surly to say the least, and he seems to want to attack anyone who posts valid points of view. I'm not convinced the product would work as depicted, but Mr. IredSF takes everything posted personally and that's certainly not a productive way to promote a product.

I have my doubts like many others, and would need to see more proof and documentation, especially from a member who just joined the forum in August and had only 20 posts prior to this thread.

Lou
No you have me wrong. I posses a sense of righteous indignation for sharing and then getting crapped on for TRYING TO BE AS HONEST AND OPEN AS POSSIBLE.

I DONT expect nor desire a pat on the back.

The crap that going here feels like second f-ing grade!

"No you didn't "
" no it's not "
" doesn't do what is claimed"
"I don't see that listed"

I'm like having to DEFEND MYSELF because I shared this info . Just should have kept my damn mouth shut! All because I FACTUALLY REPORTED ON MY WXPERIENCE WITH TJUS PRODUCT AD OPENLY AS POSSIBLE.

I'm not trying to be defensive,I'm forced to be because of the accusatory tone many inquiries are being led with.

Few are asking informational questions, remainder are skeptical .

And factually correcting misinformation is not being defensive, it stems from a desire to represent the situation as accurately as possible.

And you act as though I'm the one with a "problem"

Tell you what... I'll post dyno result privately. PM me if you want to see them.
Old 10-03-15, 07:42 PM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll give you props IredSF. Thanks for being the first and willing to be the guinea pig.
Can you dyno the car and give feedback on that. I'd like to see long term performance(redyno 3-6 months down the line).
Old 10-03-15, 07:50 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by IredSF
m
Ya Got ME!

Faked everything (event those fake email from the vendor).

Move along nothing to see here . You are all wasting your time.

(You're Welcome)

For The Haters (taken JUST now) - YouTube
Hey bud , didnt mean to make you defensive. Not hating at all, just want more info and excited like the most. As usual tone on the forums is difficult to read. Share away. You have a big audience right now.
Old 10-03-15, 07:56 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Take your pick...one or the other will do for a full tank
One on left is $4.00
One on right is$10.00

91+3=94

Beats running e-85
You're kidding me right??!! This crap is no better than snake oil! Show me solid data that this stuff actually works. It sucks living in Cali because of the crap fuel, but this crap doesn't do anything other than make ill informed consumers poorer. If you want to buy this stuff and think that your actually boosting your octane, be my guest.
Old 10-03-15, 07:56 PM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rselby
I would like to see some dyno #'s and see if the tune don't learn its self back to stock, I myself am not really concerned about the smog stuff( have full cat less now) and only use 93 pump gas can OP confirm thses please

#1 has shift time in manual mode been adj ( made for quicker shifts )

#2 and rev limit set at ? RPM 7200 or 7400??

#3 throttle response ( without any controller ) been adj to be more responsive in sport mode

#4 and do you get an actual 100% WOT ?

thanks , glad to see something starting to happen with this, even if JDM, just use best fuel you can find, don't beat on it when its hot out.
#4 Have not seen any log of mine higher than the 7211 rpm reported here via obd2
I trust that more than rpm gauge bouncing off limiter.

#1,2,3 Yes

Old 10-03-15, 10:17 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

No you have me wrong. I posses a sense of righteous indignation for sharing and then getting crapped on for TRYING TO BE AS HONEST AND OPEN AS POSSIBLE.

I DONT expect nor desire a pat on the back.

The crap that going here feels like second f-ing grade!

"No you didn't "
" no it's not "
" doesn't do what is claimed"
"I don't see that listed"

I'm like having to DEFEND MYSELF because I shared this info . Just should have kept my damn mouth shut! All because I FACTUALLY REPORTED ON MY WXPERIENCE WITH TJUS PRODUCT AD OPENLY AS POSSIBLE.

I'm not trying to be defensive,I'm forced to be because of the accusatory tone many inquiries are being led with.

Few are asking informational questions, remainder are skeptical .

And factually correcting misinformation is not being defensive, it stems from a desire to represent the situation as accurately as possible.

And you act as though I'm the one with a "problem"

Tell you what... I'll post dyno result privately. PM me if you want to see them.
Holy **** is this for real? Like dealing with a 10 year old throwing a fit.
Old 10-03-15, 10:17 PM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Hey bud , didnt mean to make you defensive. Not hating at all, just want more info and excited like the most. As usual tone on the forums is difficult to read. Share away. You have a big audience right now.
Hey man no worries, it's just this is "sofa king cool" and it's FUN to talk about an experience.

Look I know what Data I got and don't got. That's why I MAKE SURE I spell out what's WHAT when I post information.

That being said I don't know if this helpful or not but I've averaged the best data from the runs I've made so I can offer this (for whatever it is worth)

"predicted" gains

18.4% driveline loss

Base dyno 354 Whp. 325 Wtq

477+485+490+494

395 Whp predicted dyno +40Whp Gain

422+428+430

347 wtq predicted dyno +22 Wtq gain

(Sorry about the screw up on torque, subtracted wheel from crank , instead of first correcting crank to wheel , that one was my bad)
Old 10-03-15, 10:43 PM
toky916
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this is sweet to see it work. Honestly yes I would wait plus just got the PPE exhust. So I'm having fun with this right now but would like to see dyno and long term data I'm sure if you get headers and Nos you will have the quickest 1/4 out of all the ISF's ����.

But dyno With and without then month or two later would be cool, but your getting nothing out of it.
I'm sure people feelings about this is a little on the fence since this is not the first and not the last topic like this.
Props for trying it first !
Old 10-03-15, 10:43 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts

So as far as you know everything is working correctly? No check engine or warning lights? All gauges working? A/c? traction control? Etc

Does the power seem to be smooth throughout the rpm range?

No disrespect was intended we've just all been waiting for this to happen for a long time and have become skeptical
Old 10-04-15, 12:56 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Whys everyone so angry... I'm thrilled about this lol. Only thing I wish is that this improves shift speed too..

But to OP, thanks for being one of the first state side to do this! kudos.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 10-04-15, 04:25 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nks979
Holy **** is this for real? Like dealing with a 10 year old throwing a fit.
No trust me it's not. Try having 11 year old twins.
Old 10-04-15, 04:35 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 93MSB
So as far as you know everything is working correctly? No check engine or warning lights? All gauges working? A/c? traction control? Etc

Does the power seem to be smooth throughout the rpm range?

No disrespect was intended we've just all been waiting for this to happen for a long time and have become skeptical
All working, no codes thrown, no lights on. Zip zero zilch

Smooth yes but it "feels" mid-range to top end focused. You can see it in the longer 59 sec vid fit fans. Off the line it feels normal ish but pulls harder and faster at the top.

Rolling,THAT's when it hits like a ***** and I am not kidding when i say that. (I've taken several people familiar with the car And drove around, everyone noticed without me prompting before hand)

I can really only quality it with going to numbers by restating what I said earlier

I would break traction on 255 rears at wot shifts in manual,(1-2, 2-3) went away when I got 275 rears.

BACK WITH A VENGANCE NOW.(1-2,2-3,3-4)

Like I said its "stupid fast" all over again.

Last edited by IredSF; 10-04-15 at 04:41 AM.
Old 10-04-15, 04:41 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Great glad to see you sharing. Hopefully more info will follow with real dyno.

Do they offer a straight 93 octane tune?
Old 10-04-15, 05:25 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All working, no codes thrown, no lights on. Zip zero zilch

Smooth yes but it "feels" mid-range to top end focused. You can see it in the longer 59 sec vid fit fans. Off the line it feels normal ish but pulls harder and faster at the top.

Rolling,THAT's when it hits like a ***** and I am not kidding when i say that. (I've taken several people familiar with the car And drove around, everyone noticed without me prompting before hand)

I can really only quality it with going to numbers by restating what I said earlier

I would break traction on 255 rears at wot shifts in manual,(1-2, 2-3) went away when I got 275 rears.

BACK WITH A VENGANCE NOW.(1-2,2-3,3-4)

Like I said its "stupid fast" all over again.
so when are you going to the dyno? I am very excited to see the what your car puts down

Quick Reply: Help!!! ISF is redlining @7200rpm!?!?