IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Help!!! ISF is redlining @7200rpm!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-15, 01:28 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm not sure if you guys are aware but this has happened before. The last guy sent the ecu back because, according to him, it needed more tuning. He even posted a few YouTube videos as well. We haven't heard from him again.

What I find weird about all of this is that novel usually announces their products on their Facebook and instagram accounts. I would love for this to be the official release, but it's sounding more like what has happened before.

I'm also highly skeptical about the OPs claimed gains. Perhaps I misread but 40+ hp gained on top of headers? How does he know this if he doesn't have headers? The last guy claimed about a 20hp gain.
Old 10-03-15, 01:31 PM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

This thread is going to break the internet!
Old 10-03-15, 01:34 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Very good topic. I do like the idea of swapping instead of refreshing due to smog in my state and that novel is thousands of miles away from me. I really hope there is going to be a group buy....I am definitely interested.
Old 10-03-15, 01:43 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 103 Posts

before everyone goes and drops $2500 I hope they know that:

1. The 46rwhp and 50ft/lb claim is coming from a smartphone app, not a dyno.
2. This is a JDM ECU in a USDM car

I would urge everyone to be a little more patient at least until this car hits a real dyno. Don't get me wrong I'm very excited to see any tuning solution available, and I commend OP for even giving this a try. However, I'm certainly not going to drop that kind of money on results coming from a smartphone app.

I have also personally done some JDM 1JZ/2JZ swaps and made my own wiring harnesses. I know first hand even the same model car can have slight variances between markets due to extra features or because of government regulations. I would love to see a pinout comparing the JDM vs USDM ecu. Even if the pin outs are the same the signal could be different.

Last edited by 93MSB; 10-03-15 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-03-15, 02:23 PM
IredSF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jat0223
I'm not sure if you guys are aware but this has happened before. The last guy sent the ecu back because, according to him, it needed more tuning. He even posted a few YouTube videos as well. We haven't heard from him again.

What I find weird about all of this is that novel usually announces their products on their Facebook and instagram accounts. I would love for this to be the official release, but it's sounding more like what has happened before.

I'm also highly skeptical about the OPs claimed gains. Perhaps I misread but 40+ hp gained on top of headers? How does he know this if he doesn't have headers? The last guy claimed about a 20hp gain.

Um sorry to be rude but I keep reading junk so it's pissing me off. THEY DID ANNOUNCE THIS IN THEIR NORTH AMERICAN FACEBOOK PAGE. It's how I FOUND OUT ABOUT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE, used this search engine thing called GOOGLE. (Yes you can look it up and check).

Second I'm seeing +46 above what baseline with JoeZ HPS and Toms filter . That's MY observation not theirs. I was planning on headers I included them in the discussion with Novel to see if would be an issue later on. NO, I do NOT have headers installed.
Old 10-03-15, 02:27 PM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use the virtual dyno program with your logs. Tested to read within 5% of a real dyno. Or spend the $60 buck for three pulls on a dynojet. Or get a vbox and do some run with either ECU or go to drag strip.

One of these US vendors needs to buy a tuned ECU a do some testing for us members; although some people will still complain....
Old 10-03-15, 02:27 PM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jat0223

That dude was from the land down under AND ... I posted two sub 11sec 0-100 runs out there for everyone on the Internet to see, and if you notice, that was accomplished with an absolutely appalling 6 sec interval time for 0-60.

There's two time stamped videos at the start of this thread. CHECK MY MATH.
Old 10-03-15, 02:31 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 20 Posts

Just to confirm, you need to run AT LEAST 93 octane fuel with this ECU upgrade? If that's the case, it maybe not a safe option for a lot of people where only 91 octane is available.
Old 10-03-15, 02:41 PM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Supraman16
Just to confirm, you need to run AT LEAST 93 octane fuel with this ECU upgrade? If that's the case, it maybe not a safe option for a lot of people where only 91 octane is available.

Take your pick...one or the other will do for a full tank
One on left is $4.00
One on right is$10.00

91+3=94

Beats running e-85
Old 10-03-15, 02:47 PM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never mind .................93oct is available here
Old 10-03-15, 02:51 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by IredSF

Take your pick...one or the other will do for a full tank
One on left is $4.00
One on right is$10.00

91+3=94

Beats running e-85
I'm new to this, the +3 in octane increase with either of these products should be done every tank fillup? And each bottle should be completely used to achieve 96 octane? I have access to 93 in Miami with no problem. Also you mentioned the redline @7200 rpm only happens in manual mode. How does the car behave in normal mode, in terms of power? Does the speed limiter go back to stock as well?
Old 10-03-15, 03:02 PM
j3ff
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 93MSB
before everyone goes and drops $2500 I hope they know that:

1. The 46rwhp and 50ft/lb claim is coming from a smartphone app, not a dyno.
2. This is a JDM ECU in a USDM car
According to the op it's a usdm spec ecu flashed.. not jdm which makes this all the more appealing.
Old 10-03-15, 03:08 PM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by j3ff
According to the op it's a usdm spec ecu flashed.. not jdm which makes this all the more appealing.
Actually that QUOTING NOVEL, not me.

"

Thank you for your email.

EUC tuning has been confirmed on a LHD ISF imported from US with Japan regular gasoline (92-96 octane level). Approximately 20hp of power gain. However, since actual compatibility with US gasoline and under climate in US is not taken, it could be a possibility that trouble occurs.

If you can understand that there is a possibility that a problem could occurs, the EUC tune on a new EUC is available for sale at JPY 300,000. + Shipping to your place (should be below 50USD)

Should you have any question on above or our other product, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards

Keisuke Sato/佐藤 敬祐

Executive Director

SnapCrab_NoName_2015-2-3_13-12-29_No-00

NOVEL Co., Ltd.

6-15 Jotodori Gifu-city, Gifu-Pre.

500-8441 Japan

www.novel-japan.jp

Osaka Office

31F Osaka Kokusai Building

2-3-13 Azuchi-machi, Chuo-ku

Osaka 541-0052 Japan

Office: +81 (0) 6 7711 3768

Mob: +81 (0) 80 2912 7630

Fax: +81 (0) 6 4964 2660"
Old 10-03-15, 03:10 PM
IredSF
Pole Position

[QUOTE=SoulFreak;9204035]I'm new to this, the +3 in octane increase with either of these products should be done every tank fillup? And each bottle should be completely used to achieve 96 octane? I have access to 93 in Miami with no problem. Also you mentioned the redline @7200 rpm only happens in manual mode. How does the car behave in normal mode, in terms of power? Does the speed limiter go back to stock as well?[/QUOTE
Old 10-03-15, 03:18 PM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
I'm new to this, the +3 in octane increase with either of these products should be done every tank fillup? And each bottle should be completely used to achieve 96 octane? I have access to 93 in Miami with no problem. Also you mentioned the redline @7200 rpm only happens in manual mode. How does the car behave in normal mode, in terms of power? Does the speed limiter go back to stock as well?
Only used the +3 on 93 myself to see what was "possible" to achieve. Can run on 93 fine, will be testing that next fill up . On bottle per tank full of 93 will get you 96 octane (just like I have done).

Use is optional if you have 93 to enhance performance. Might be required if you run 91 ( I don't really want to test that out on my car).

Don't know about the speed limiter delete I'd have to hit 170 mph to hit it BUT... Might be able to check during dyno . My 6th gear runs kept quitting early cause my car would hit the 170 mph limit while running on the dyno. Might just check this next go around.

Car, power, transmission shift speed is still faster than stick , even more in SPORT MODE.

I'd call it' wicked fast in sport with red throttle selection on APEXi controller.

Quick Reply: Help!!! ISF is redlining @7200rpm!?!?