Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

holy crap this is exciting stuff

just when i started to feel the F is getting boring...and then this comes along
wahahaa....give me more rev!
Old 10-03-15, 01:24 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Yes!!!!! I'm so excited!!!! How reliable is it? Why do they provide an additional ecu? You end up having the stock ecu and two tuned ecu's? No problem reinstalling the stock ecu to the car again?

Last edited by SoulFreak; 10-03-15 at 01:32 AM.
Old 10-03-15, 01:34 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Imagine with I/H/E and this ECU....whoa

I do wonder about the reliability factor and CEL and what not...but this is exciting!
Old 10-03-15, 01:38 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Count me in for one of these.
Dennis
Old 10-03-15, 02:44 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It's really hard not to jump on this immediately, but please keep giving feedback and results so we can all make great decisions. As I build my car for track season next year and hope to compete in time attack this could be a game changer when getting after the z06's out there. I'm curious to know if this ecu 'learns' like our factory model and can compensate for additional power on a car with I/H/E.
Old 10-03-15, 02:59 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That part is listed for 200,000y on their website, I wonder why they charged you 100,000Y more?
Old 10-03-15, 05:34 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Compthis
That part is listed for 200,000y on their website, I wonder why they charged you 100,000Y more?

Yeah I know. Price gouging for USDM ? Extra cause I was "first request"? Markup for extra ECU vs tune in existing ECU?

Really I don't know, but I really don't care because they UNDER promised and OVER delivered.

Would do it again in a heartbeat and judgeing by response here I could get my money back easily through secondary sale, so yeah I'm good with the price I paid.

(But if any one DOES end up getting them for 200.000 JPY, please consider a donation to defray my initial cost in this little discovery).
Old 10-03-15, 05:43 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Yes!!!!! I'm so excited!!!! How reliable is it? Why do they provide an additional ecu? You end up having the stock ecu and two tuned ecu's? No problem reinstalling the stock ecu to the car again?
In exactly 3 days of driving it's been 100% reliable

You get an "extra" ECU for two reasons 1. Your car would have to sit there dead with no ECU while you ship it to Japan hav them program it and ship it back, and reinstall.

2. Because Tune comes on a ECU computer (thus giving you your origional stock ECU AND THE REW ONE WITH THEIR TUNE, you could SELL THE ECU with the tune and go back to stock , thus getting your money back from the initial purchase. If was on your origional ECU, then you could never get your money back because if you sold the ECU with the tune , you wouldn't have one to run your car!
Old 10-03-15, 05:58 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ZaxF
It's really hard not to jump on this immediately, but please keep giving feedback and results so we can all make great decisions. As I build my car for track season next year and hope to compete in time attack this could be a game changer when getting after the z06's out there. I'm curious to know if this ecu 'learns' like our factory model and can compensate for additional power on a car with I/H/E.
It still behaved as a learning ECU! No changes there at all, just the fuel mapping , throttle response, transmission **** times, Rpm limit and speed limiter have all been changed. Btw rpm limit increase is only in manual **** mode ,still shifts at normal (old) redline limit 6800 rpm in automatic mode.

Sorry apparently word press thinks "shifts" are "****"

My AFR now swings from 12-18 which is a much wider swing than the 14-16 ish I was getting stock.

Old 10-03-15, 07:57 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Ok.

How much did you spend? Where do we order?

I see the video says +46 RWHP, is that with your mods and AFTER the tune?

Just curious!
ECU is providing +46 Whp ON TOP of I/E/F were giving (no I don't have headers yet )
Old 10-03-15, 08:01 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kauaian
Christmas!!

Thank you for sharing! I might have missed it but how long from order to delivery? Any I dual behaviors with the directly after plugging in the new ecu?
RPM limit raise seems to only operate in manual mode
Old 10-03-15, 08:03 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by IredSF
In exactly 3 days of driving it's been 100% reliable

You get an "extra" ECU for two reasons 1. Your car would have to sit there dead with no ECU while you ship it to Japan hav them program it and ship it back, and reinstall.

2. Because Tune comes on a ECU computer (thus giving you your origional stock ECU AND THE REW ONE WITH THEIR TUNE, you could SELL THE ECU with the tune and go back to stock , thus getting your money back from the initial purchase. If was on your origional ECU, then you could never get your money back because if you sold the ECU with the tune , you wouldn't have one to run your car!
Thanks for the reply! Is the slight throttle delay deleted? Or is it still apparent? Also, what was your actual turnaround time? After sending it to Japan? Thanks again for sharing...
Old 10-03-15, 08:51 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Thanks for the reply! Is the slight throttle delay deleted? Or is it still apparent? Also, what was your actual turnaround time? After sending it to Japan? Thanks again for sharing...
Wire transfer 2 sept 15, shipped 22 sept 15, arrived 26 sept 15.

Normalish type of throttle response but faster, BUT ALL APEXi throttle control modes still work on my car.

No issue in "purple" or "red" mode with throttle response! (Though I am having problems going straight to plaid )

APEXi controller makes throttle response very fast, with THIS ECU and APEXi it is SHOCKINGLY FAST!! ( no kidding, rolling in Gears 1-3 in manual mode on tranny and APEXi Red or Purple mode , I spin my 275 rears far too easily in sport mode, that's a fact. It hits so hard it will spin on 1-2,2-3 up shifts in manual mode @ WOT.

Defiantly have to do some learning my self as there is much more capability to harness and master.

When I first got the car it was "stupid fast" I'd get stunned how quickly I'd hit triple digits (often times "whoa , how'd I get that fast that quick kinda thing").

Since then I learned the behavior of the car and adapted. With this ECU Mod it feels "stupid fast" all over again.
Old 10-03-15, 09:01 AM
poorbong
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

+1 group buy

Quick Reply: Help!!! ISF is redlining @7200rpm!?!?