IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

any vendors making bigger throttle body?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-15, 01:25 AM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default any vendors making bigger throttle body?

i feel like the ISF's engine has a big potential....but for the lack of parts (engine and ecu) we get stuck after installing I/H/E...i just hope the US market are working on something so the owners won't get bored with ISF or RCF, i find the JDM parts too expensive and unreasonable....i just want to know if the US market is working on stuff like an ECU TUNE or a STANDALONE ECU,bigger throttle body etc....etc.....
Old 09-17-15, 07:09 AM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Icode titanium.. Gangster piece don't think it'll do much
Old 09-17-15, 07:26 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Seems like it's I/H/E then nitrous kits?

Doesn't look like there was much success with forced induction or superchargers sadly.

Be great if there were plans for other things, but I doubt it.
Old 09-17-15, 07:37 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For $1,800 I don't think its going to be worth it. You may get 5hp. I rathe save the money.
Old 09-17-15, 07:41 AM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Someday I'll have a sc kit on my car, there's a way and it's not going to be cheap, hell in still sitting on a m122 from a 1uz 4x4 truck build I bailed on once I got the f..
Old 09-17-15, 07:45 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Justind27
Someday I'll have a sc kit on my car, there's a way and it's not going to be cheap, hell in still sitting on a m122 from a 1uz 4x4 truck build I bailed on once I got the f..

I got a guy that's a gear head junkie. he is fabbing a blueprint sorta up for me on what a rear turbo would look like. He feels he can piggy back the ecu and get a tune from a stand alone.

He is digging deap into details. I will keep everyone posted.
Old 09-17-15, 08:36 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by One2beH8ed
I got a guy that's a gear head junkie. he is fabbing a blueprint sorta up for me on what a rear turbo would look like. He feels he can piggy back the ecu and get a tune from a stand alone.

Who is the shop? A Syvecs S8 ECU can control the engine and transmission but is not a plug and play setup.
Old 09-17-15, 08:49 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by One2beH8ed

I've heard this more than once and everyone just disappears with no more updates
Old 09-17-15, 10:02 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by streetx
I've heard this more than once and everyone just disappears with no more updates
My point exactly.

Clearly it's not working given the huge number of threads like this one?

When you think the car has been around for 7yrs now, it's odd no one has had any luck producing either a turbo kit, or supercharger, or a standalone ECU solution that works without any issues.

Something tells me it's not possible unless you have really deep pockets, or you swap out the engine for say a 2JZ-GTE instead.

Really hope I'm proven wrong, but can't see it sadly.
Old 09-17-15, 11:46 AM
O1GS43O
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

how many mm is the icode?
Old 09-17-15, 01:27 PM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PDP180180
My point exactly.

Clearly it's not working given the huge number of threads like this one?

When you think the car has been around for 7yrs now, it's odd no one has had any luck producing either a turbo kit, or supercharger, or a standalone ECU solution that works without any issues.

Something tells me it's not possible unless you have really deep pockets, or you swap out the engine for say a 2JZ-GTE instead.

Really hope I'm proven wrong, but can't see it sadly.
The issue is the unhackable ECU on the US ISFs. The tranny itself has its own ECU which works in conjunction with the main ECU...so if you mess with one, the other wont work properly, as well as the other 12 ECUs in the car. A piggy back will only yield minimal results or isn't going to work at all. Syvecs states they hacked in to the system and can control both the main and transmission ecu...BUT they are a UK company and I believe the ECU there is more likely similar to JDM and completely different than the USDM.

The only way I can think of is to go full blown race with your ISF, and pull the 8 speed gearbox out completely for a regular manual gearbox. Go full stand alone that controls the engine(it would need to control all 16 injectors). And you will more likely lose all the rest of your luxury control items.
Max Orido has done this with his drift 86 w/ 2URGSE...his has a Motec standalone and manual tranny...but he is only working off 8 injectors. He deleted the other 8 direct injectors on the engine, which resulted in destroying the tops of some of the pistons...he upgraded to a Non-DI piston and now has no issues.
Old 09-17-15, 02:44 PM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by juanmedina
Who is the shop? A Syvecs S8 ECU can control the engine and transmission but is not a plug and play setup.

Its a local guy that has built just random stuff that you could never think would happen. He may not be able to do it but he is looking into it.

I heard about the s8. We are going to play around and see what we can do but not hack anything up until we are set it will.

Nothing is impossible.
Old 09-17-15, 02:47 PM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fsport2UR
The issue is the unhackable ECU on the US ISFs. The tranny itself has its own ECU which works in conjunction with the main ECU...so if you mess with one, the other wont work properly, as well as the other 12 ECUs in the car. A piggy back will only yield minimal results or isn't going to work at all. Syvecs states they hacked in to the system and can control both the main and transmission ecu...BUT they are a UK company and I believe the ECU there is more likely similar to JDM and completely different than the USDM.

The only way I can think of is to go full blown race with your ISF, and pull the 8 speed gearbox out completely for a regular manual gearbox. Go full stand alone that controls the engine(it would need to control all 16 injectors). And you will more likely lose all the rest of your luxury control items.
Max Orido has done this with his drift 86 w/ 2URGSE...his has a Motec standalone and manual tranny...but he is only working off 8 injectors. He deleted the other 8 direct injectors on the engine, which resulted in destroying the tops of some of the pistons...he upgraded to a Non-DI piston and now has no issues.

Not ready to do all that.

Im going to see what this guy can come up with. I have shot over a ton of info for him. He does work on oil rigs as an engineer so he will be back in a month. We are going to sit down and put thoughts together.

By the way, sorry to highjack this thread.

Back to the throttle body. Could we not just get ours ported???
Old 09-17-15, 03:33 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

One of our CL vendors is working on some stuff

That's all I can say for now. I don't want to be kicked out of the circle of trust

-Mike
Old 09-17-15, 07:18 PM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

I read that the tundra or land cruiser is similar throttle body,would anyone know if the tundra is a bigger bore and uses the same wiring in the TPS for it to be bolt on?