IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

RCF vs ISF - C&D Lightning Lap

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-15, 02:29 PM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RCF vs ISF - C&D Lightning Lap

Not sure if you guys read the latest C&D lightning lap results. They tested the RCF and it came in with an almost identical time than the 2011 ISF they tested a few years back.

Can't find the latest lightning lap results online, but here Torque News's take on the results.

http://www.torquenews.com/1083/lexus...h-faster-track
Old 09-11-15, 02:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Very cool !! Thanks for sharing this bud. Weight is enemy of every performance aspect . Plus added HP is great if there is added torque. Torque didn't climb dramatically with the RCF. I love the RCF but I need room for a helmet . ISF FTW
Old 09-11-15, 03:55 PM
DanISFast
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IS-F is still laying down the law I see..

The results mirror what happened when they tested the RC-F at Fuji Racetrack.

The IS-F was quicker around that track also. Even though the RC-F has better wider tires and all the new technowizardry like TVD ect, the IS-F is still smashing on it with skinny stock tires and a good ol' mechanical LSD. IS-F FTW.

I hate to see what happens when they test the GS-F, which is even more porky than the RC-F.

When all the smoke and mirrors settle, people will see the IS-F is the "F" car to own. Besides the LFA of course! /fanboy rant off.

Old 09-11-15, 04:11 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanISFast
IS-F is still laying down the law I see..

The results mirror what happened when they tested the RC-F at Fuji Racetrack.

The IS-F was quicker around that track also. Even though the RC-F has better wider tires and all the new technowizardry like TVD ect, the IS-F is still smashing on it with skinny stock tires and a good ol' mechanical LSD. IS-F FTW.

I hate to see what happens when they test the GS-F, which is even more porky than the RC-F.

When all the smoke and mirrors settle, people will see the IS-F is the "F" car to own. Besides the LFA of course! /fanboy rant off.

I think the GSF is going to be faster than both...marginally. Although it will weigh more than the ISF, the 4th Gen GS chassis is incredible. Still waaaaaaaaay under powered for its segment...but it will have class-leading handling...well, except for the CTS-V 😒
Old 09-11-15, 07:27 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

I wonder what the lighting lap time would be with a Modded F with Headers/Exhaust/Penske coil overs????
Old 09-13-15, 03:59 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

This is good news for the value of our cars lol. I still want those RCF seats though.
Old 09-14-15, 09:45 AM
DanISFast
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DrRick
I think the GSF is going to be faster than both...marginally. Although it will weigh more than the ISF, the 4th Gen GS chassis is incredible. Still waaaaaaaaay under powered for its segment...but it will have class-leading handling...well, except for the CTS-V 😒
I would have to disagree. A lot of publications are saying the GS-F is more comparable to other manufacturer's "mid" level cars, like the BMW 550i, Cadillac CTS V sport ect. Both of which are WAAY slower than the IS-F around a race track like VIR.

The updated 2011+ IS-F is no joke, it's actually faster than both the E9x M3 and C63 AMG around VIR's lightning lap, the only M3 that hung with the 2011 IS-F was wearing much wider Michelin Pilot Sport Cup track tires and ONLY then was it able to match the IS-F's 3.05.4 times which was running on stock skinny *** tires.

IS-F FTW.
Old 09-14-15, 10:42 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanISFast
I would have to disagree. A lot of publications are saying the GS-F is more comparable to other manufacturer's "mid" level cars, like the BMW 550i, Cadillac CTS V sport ect. Both of which are WAAY slower than the IS-F around a race track like VIR.

The updated 2011+ IS-F is no joke, it's actually faster than both the E9x M3 and C63 AMG around VIR's lightning lap, the only M3 that hung with the 2011 IS-F was wearing much wider Michelin Pilot Sport Cup track tires and ONLY then was it able to match the IS-F's 3.05.4 times which was running on stock skinny *** tires.

IS-F FTW.
1) the 550i MSport weighs 4400 lbs. that's about 400 more than the GSF should weigh.

2) the CTS V Sport ran a 3:06.8 last year. That's not 'WAAY slower than the ISF'. Considering the class of each vehicle...that's pretty damn close

3) the GSF will have almost 50 more hp than the VSport in a comparable...as in 'great'...chassis.

Like I said...I expect it to be a tad bit faster. I could be wrong. But it's not gonna be seconds slower, either...