IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

08-09 Bluetooth audio

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-15, 03:40 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 08-09 Bluetooth audio

What do you guys use to stream into the audio, spotify/pandora whatever - tried a griffin itrip aux and it is just unbelievably bad, more static than music + makes this weird whining noise during acceleration. Hoping someone on here has some ideas/solutions, thanks.

Also even though the title says bluetooth it definitely is not required, if the best solution is plug-in id love to know it.
Old 09-09-15, 04:42 PM
USB_F
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought a Lotfancy Bluetooth receiver for streaming music on my 08. It plugs into aux with another connection that goes into usb for power(used a usb adapter in power outlet). There's no mic, so it can switch from music to answering a call in a snap. Only thing is that you need to turn it on everytime you get in. Only paid $10 for it.
Old 09-09-15, 05:03 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by USB_F
I bought a Lotfancy Bluetooth receiver for streaming music on my 08. It plugs into aux with another connection that goes into usb for power(used a usb adapter in power outlet). There's no mic, so it can switch from music to answering a call in a snap. Only thing is that you need to turn it on everytime you get in. Only paid $10 for it.
and it makes quality sound? this one was $45 and is unusable the whine is so loud and even at full volume(65?) isn't audible >3.6k rpm
Old 09-09-15, 06:48 PM
J2K
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nks979
and it makes quality sound? this one was $45 and is unusable the whine is so loud and even at full volume(65?) isn't audible >3.6k rpm
It sounds like you need to purchase a ground loop noise isolator. I paired this one with my blackberry music gateway and it eliminated the static.
Amazon.com: PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5-mm Ground Loop Noise Isolator Works with iPod/Zune/iRiver and Others: Automotive Amazon.com: PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5-mm Ground Loop Noise Isolator Works with iPod/Zune/iRiver and Others: Automotive
Old 09-09-15, 07:35 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by J2K
It sounds like you need to purchase a ground loop noise isolator. I paired this one with my blackberry music gateway and it eliminated the static.
Amazon.com: PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5-mm Ground Loop Noise Isolator Works with iPod/Zune/iRiver and Others: Automotive
would that get rid of the whine that somehow scales its volume to RPMs as well?
Old 09-09-15, 07:52 PM
J2K
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nks979
would that get rid of the whine that somehow scales its volume to RPMs as well?
Yes. I have zero issues with whine/static using the ground loop isolator and the Blackberry music gateway.
Old 09-09-15, 07:53 PM
USB_F
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't have any whine
Old 09-09-15, 10:19 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by J2K
Yes. I have zero issues with whine/static using the ground loop isolator and the Blackberry music gateway.
ill give it a shot thanks both of you
Old 09-09-15, 10:21 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 504 Likes on 250 Posts

grab a Bluetooth interface module that emulates an external CD changer. Gives you track control from the steering wheel and stereo.

Here's one from GROM Audio
http://gromaudio.com/store/bt3_adapt...e_adapter.html
Old 09-10-15, 11:54 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,080 Likes on 2,472 Posts

The whine is caused by a ground loop. If you have power and signal in the same device and the signal ground is not isolated from the power ground, it's going to make noise. I get around this by using my phone as my music source and using a wireless (Qi) charger while I am playing music.

I thought about the BT modules, but they're going to have ground loop issues no matter how you slice it unless you put in the filter referenced above. Lexus identified this as a problem years ago and had a service bulletin on it complete with parts to fix the issue, but they've since incorporated a better method of connecting, so it isn't needed on later model cars.
Old 09-11-15, 04:10 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by specONE
grab a Bluetooth interface module that emulates an external CD changer. Gives you track control from the steering wheel and stereo.

Here's one from GROM Audio
http://gromaudio.com/store/bt3_adapt...e_adapter.html
how's the installation on this ? thanks works with iphone6 ? charger ?

Last edited by lobuxracer; 09-11-15 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-08-16, 09:39 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

I've had some luck with the ground loop device I was using in the past, but recently tried a aux to Bluetooth device from Amazon called Mpow Bluetooth Receiver and it works great with no more whine noise through the aux! It automatically pairs with your phone, is very small and the sound quality has not changed. Highly recommended esp with the $15.99 price!
Attached Thumbnails 08-09 Bluetooth audio-unnamed.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
RJMacReady (11-30-22)
Old 10-08-16, 02:44 PM
GarageB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caymandive
I've had some luck with the ground loop device I was using in the past, but recently tried a aux to Bluetooth device from Amazon called Mpow Bluetooth Receiver and it works great with no more whine noise through the aux! It automatically pairs with your phone, is very small and the sound quality has not changed. Highly recommended esp with the $15.99 price!
not a great option. you have to turn it on every time.

you'll get no whine while its running on its own battery. id assume it would make noise if you were charging it at the same time.

grom vline may be the way to go.
Old 10-08-16, 02:47 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by GarageB
not a great option. you have to turn it on every time.

you'll get no whine while its running on its own battery. id assume it would make noise if you were charging it at the same time.

grom vline may be the way to go.
I have not tried running it while charging. Should only need charged once a week or so and though it's slightly inconvenient to take 3 seconds to turn it on each time, I don't mind. For the price and the fact that I now have one less cable plugged into my phone and the whine is gone. I'm happy!
Old 10-09-16, 02:39 PM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 135 Likes on 89 Posts

Been running the devices in my sig for over a year with zero issues. One annoyance though - calls are louder than music when switching over. This is caused by the device itself, not the phone.

There's a firmware update for it which'll probably fix it but I'd need to pull out my radio again...

Quick Reply: 08-09 Bluetooth audio