IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Non Navigation ISF

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-15, 03:02 PM
303ISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non Navigation ISF

I don't have a navigation in my ISF so was wondering if theres any other members out there that doesn't have one either.
Old 08-31-15, 04:22 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

That's interesting.. I'm curious what your interior looks like. Is there any display at all, or does it look like any other base IS without NAV or back-up camera? My '06 IS350 was a base model without NAV.

If they weren't so rare, I'd have look for a non-NAV IS-F when I purchased. IMO, they're not worth the extra $$ nowadays with smart phones & so many available apps.

-Mike
Old 08-31-15, 05:31 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by mikersoft
That's interesting.. I'm curious what your interior looks like. Is there any display at all, or does it look like any other base IS without NAV or back-up camera? My '06 IS350 was a base model without NAV.

If they weren't so rare, I'd have look for a non-NAV IS-F when I purchased. IMO, they're not worth the extra $$ nowadays with smart phones & so many available apps.

-Mike
+1. Never paying the crazy money for navigation when I can have a tablet which won't connect my automobile to the Internet without my express permission and has more current maps than anything available from the automotive world without direct Internet access.

And no, I really DON'T want someone who can unlock my doors or start my engine remotely with a phone call. That just means when someone figures out how to impersonate me or the system used to connect to my car, they will be able to do this too and at times I might not be happy about.
Old 08-31-15, 08:45 PM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

My friend my car was non navi and belive me it sucks!!! I bought my self a fly audio unit and its been there for two years and i love it integrates usb iphone etc rear view camera amplifier out puts biger display than oem gps dvd to be honest its worht it . If you dont have navi and the regular radio w ac control you cant go wrong w flyaudio or equivalent search it up i have the latest version and to me it rocks even the bluetooh works awesome
Old 08-31-15, 08:55 PM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

There are some gives and takes ill resume it ! You want a latest version of flyaudio or what they call aliexpress units and some other name that i dont recall , the early units gave problems in radio stations , freezing gps etc , new ones almost all glitches are covered and to me works great . They could be found from arround $600-$1000

Dash color match lighting , the ac now its controled on the display trust me way much better than factory!!! If you have a 08 and you find the latest version of fly audio from 2009 or 2010 up dont recall , i know it does not cover 2008 ! Then you will have to replace the ac vents for the 2009-2010 dont recall up and some mod its needed to make it work otherwise you will have a huge gap, look it up theres a lot of post here about it
Old 09-01-15, 03:07 AM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my center panel without navi system,i dont regret it,almost all USDM lexus here in the philippines have navi system that does'nt work...so this basic package is perfect for me

Old 09-01-15, 05:26 AM
dabs
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Apart from the navigational features, I love being able to play music videos for the passengers while driving
Old 09-01-15, 08:35 AM
BluStreak1
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't need nav on an island...lol
Old 09-01-15, 08:37 AM
teamcalvin
Pole Position

Wow, youre the first i've heard that doesn't have a nav besides me.. I really thought i was the only one, but really dont mind since i use my phone most of the time anyways
Old 09-01-15, 10:32 AM
swoo350
Rookie

Originally Posted by teamcalvin
Wow, youre the first i've heard that doesn't have a nav besides me.. I really thought i was the only one, but really dont mind since i use my phone most of the time anyways
Guess there more of us out there than we thought.. My 08 USB also doesn't have navi, don't feel like I need it but after driving my gf's NX200 all the time with navi it makes me wish I had it in my F
Old 09-01-15, 11:35 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

I talked to a 28 year tech and now head of parts. He said that you would to have had to special order it without Nav as it is factory for back up, nav and touch screen.

They will be rare.
Old 09-01-15, 12:46 PM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Ltaboso
Here's my center panel without navi system,i dont regret it,almost all USDM lexus here in the philippines have navi system that does'nt work...so this basic package is perfect for me

Whats that red button on the steering column?
Old 09-01-15, 01:55 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

^^^^It says "Buddy Club" under the button. AFAIK it's a UK speed equipment manufacturer. However, I can find no products that use a button like that

And there's a red top on the top of the shift ****.

Lou
Old 09-01-15, 02:00 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Even if I don't use the "navigation" feature, it is nice looking at a map of upcoming streets. No need to strain to see street signs.
Old 09-01-15, 06:20 PM
303ISF
Driver School Candidate

just wanted to know who has one without a navigation. when i was looking for a ISF there was one with navi and one without. I chose the one without navi because it had lower miles on it. I did how ever think it through if i wanted the one with navi or not but in the end i chose the one without. my recent car that i had was a G37 with a navi and the only thing i really used on the navi was the back up camera. never did use it for anything else besides having the radio stations on the screen.

Quick Reply: Non Navigation ISF