IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Iss ques drone 100% eliminated! No BS

Old 08-28-15, 10:09 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
I don't see why you would spend a few hundred dollars buying a valve and paying for fabrication to restrict your exhaust system, when a simple "no drone" pipe from Synapse and maybe $50 to weld it on equals the same result.
Because you might not have the room underneath to install a side branch resonator long enough to completely eliminate the drone. Also, depending on what your needs are the person may want the ability to have a completely silent exhaust in the neighborhood and a loud exhaust at other times with just the flip of a switch.
Old 08-28-15, 03:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

This would make the Joe Z system a lot nicer. I dig the sound but the drone while cruising at low speeds is annoying.
Old 08-28-15, 03:31 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Because you might not have the room underneath to install a side branch resonator long enough to completely eliminate the drone. Also, depending on what your needs are the person may want the ability to have a completely silent exhaust in the neighborhood and a loud exhaust at other times with just the flip of a switch.
I guess at that point for the money you might as well buy PPE. Unless you prefer the through bumper tips like many of us in which it's a win win
Old 08-28-15, 03:39 PM
superfly32
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Just a heads up, the PPE dual mode exhaust still has a drone. When the valve is closed, the drone is toned down a bit but depending on which gear you are in and how much throttle you're giving it, it can still be significant.

On a side note, having to press a button to quiet up the exhaust is quite the awesome feature.
Old 08-28-15, 04:40 PM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superfly32
Just a heads up, the PPE dual mode exhaust still has a drone. When the valve is closed, the drone is toned down a bit but depending on which gear you are in and how much throttle you're giving it, it can still be significant.

On a side note, having to press a button to quiet up the exhaust is quite the awesome feature.
Ohhh my God! How can explain to you that i dont need anything else but to close shut the upper exhaust ! That does the job
Old 08-28-15, 07:27 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Hmm first I've heard of that. Maybe that system was catless?
Old 08-28-15, 08:07 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

My PPE Dual Mode exhaust system has no drone when the valve is closed

Lou
Old 08-28-15, 09:49 PM
daedalus
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvan
Did you have Chris build your exhaust? I live a block from him so I hear lots of bad azz cars leaving his place the 911s sound crazy with his exhaust. I regret buying an ISS forged instead of having him make me one. I did have him make me a titanium intake pipe.

Yup! Chris is the man! I'll have him do every exhaust i ever purchase from here on out. It was a freaking work of art. Wanted to hang it on a wall.
Old 08-31-15, 08:49 AM
superfly32
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
My PPE Dual Mode exhaust system has no drone when the valve is closed

Lou

Ok....I may have typed too soon. I double checked my PPE exhaust and I think my solenoid gave out...or the valve may have not been closing all the way. I reset all the fittings and yes, no drone.

Did I mention how much I love this exhaust? Can't wait until smog time then I can throw on the headers.
Old 08-31-15, 09:49 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Seriously someone solve their drone problem and sell me their freaking QES already!
Old 08-31-15, 10:47 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

buy loud exhaust, stuff rag in it cause its too loud
Old 08-31-15, 09:12 PM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

Just so you know , i came across this iss forge ques at a really good price in excellent price , lets say i pay 1/4 or retail! Being that said and keep in mind it is used obviously , I just bought it for the performance it claimed and looks of the double tip wich i alrready had fabricated my oem mufflers w those exhaust tips . I was mad of loosinf the oem tips on the highway and went for the iss forge qes lokk, I always knew it was loud ,loud is one thing but drone its rather anoying and not pleasing ,im trying to have the best of both worlds , is that so hard to understand , im not getting any other exhaust because to me they are all over priced and their drone is ridiculous including mine of course! Dont expect you to understand it but i know there got to be thousands dissapointes w their exhaust and they don t even know what hit him.
Old 09-01-15, 07:07 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KOKISF
Just so you know , i came across this iss forge ques at a really good price in excellent price , lets say i pay 1/4 or retail! Being that said and keep in mind it is used obviously , I just bought it for the performance it claimed and looks of the double tip wich i alrready had fabricated my oem mufflers w those exhaust tips . I was mad of loosinf the oem tips on the highway and went for the iss forge qes lokk, I always knew it was loud ,loud is one thing but drone its rather anoying and not pleasing ,im trying to have the best of both worlds , is that so hard to understand , im not getting any other exhaust because to me they are all over priced and their drone is ridiculous including mine of course! Dont expect you to understand it but i know there got to be thousands dissapointes w their exhaust and they don t even know what hit him.
I've read this post 3 times and have NO clue what in the hell you're saying. But if you don't like it and want to sell it I'll buy it, PM me.
Old 09-01-15, 08:36 AM
teamcalvin
Pole Position

lolfunxion trying so hard to buy iss forged exhaust LOL
Old 09-01-15, 08:47 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by teamcalvin
lolfunxion trying so hard to buy iss forged exhaust LOL
I know seriously, I gotta hustle to make it happen LOL

It's gonna pay off one of these days. Maybe I'll just take off my Joe Z and start waving that at people, someone's gotta want to swap and I got $$$$ to make it better!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Iss ques drone 100% eliminated! No BS