IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Return of the ISF?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-15, 03:34 AM
737NG
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Return of the ISF?

I seen this article a few minutes ago, not sure if there is any truth to this. But definitely interesting to say the least.

http://www.torquenews.com/1083/sources-say-lexus-f-super-sedan-will-return-dead
Old 08-20-15, 04:07 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by 737NG
I seen this article a few minutes ago, not sure if there is any truth to this. But definitely interesting to say the least.

http://www.torquenews.com/1083/sourc...ll-return-dead

That URL sounds so ominous!

"super-sedan-will-return......dead"

-Mike
Old 08-20-15, 04:11 AM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Well I'm interested but with the development and production of the gsf I don't think they would likely make another isf model till they get sale figures on the gsf and rcf
Old 08-20-15, 05:01 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

I was actually thinking about this last night about whether they would bring the IS-F back to life. Would be nice to have another option outside the RC-F and GS-F once I retire my IS-F. I would imagine the new IS-F would be very aggressive looking.
Old 08-20-15, 06:10 AM
Frank1298
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be awesome but I think by the time we find out if this truly does happen im planning to be in a GS-F
Old 08-20-15, 06:53 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Lexus wheels turns slow, but they do turn...what i mean by that is they take extreme precaution in what they do. Especially, in the engineering aspect of the vehicles they built and for their reputation of reliability. When they discontinued the ISF in 2014, I knew they meant just the first generation. From a marketing perspective it would'nt be smart for them to leave it at that. Now, they released the first ever NX crossover with a built turbo engine. They also announced their 2016 IS250 will also have a turbo engine option under IS200t. More horsepower and better torque. They're smart to first try the turbos on their crossover before trickling it up to us high performance enthusiasts! I'd be bold to say the IS F will return indeed turbocharged and ready to compete with its rivals. We also got to remember they couldn't just leave the F performance on the IS based model. They're growing and they need to adopt the F line into the GS line and I'd also say the LS, if I may. After the GS F they also mentioned they want to bring the RC F GT3 to the states as an option. Only time will tell!
Old 08-20-15, 08:01 AM
swoo350
Rookie

That article was from last year but this thought of bringing back the ISF has been lingering.. I think they even quoted someone from Lexus in a magazine that they confirmed the ISF is actually coming back, trying to it now.
Old 08-20-15, 10:26 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Swoo, I remember that article. I've been saying for a while now, the ISF will be back for model year 2018 or 2019. At least...that's what I'm going to keep telling myself.

Originally Posted by Diesel350
I was actually thinking about this last night about whether they would bring the IS-F back to life. Would be nice to have another option outside the RC-F and GS-F once I retire my IS-F. I would imagine the new IS-F would be very aggressive looking.
Originally Posted by swoo350
That article was from last year but this thought of bringing back the ISF has been lingering.. I think they even quoted someone from Lexus in a magazine that they confirmed the ISF is actually coming back, trying to it now.
Old 08-20-15, 01:14 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

The GSF killed the ISF. They couldnt give the GSF ***** so they took the RCF engine and dropped into the GS. Now there is no appropriate motor of an ISF unless they make them all equal. They should dropped a new motor in the GSF and potential LSF and kept the RCF and ISF with the same motor. Just another performance F up from Lexus. Marketing sucks and they also need to learn how to stratify a performance lineup. At minimum they could have kept the ISF, RCF, and GSF all with the same power plant.
Old 08-20-15, 03:57 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't follow when you mentioned there's no appropriate motor for the ISF?...is it because it's a standalone engine now? Being that the RCF and GSF are the same engine? Leaving the ISF engine in the dark? I agree with everything you said. Let's not loose faith...hopefully they'll learn! But I was annoyed when they mentioned the 2urgse was gonna be used on the RCF...although its internal components are different, to me as a consumer it's no different. Now the same for the GSF? Really? They better not even consider the same powered engine on the next ISF...I will be really disappointed. They better hammer out more power!
Old 08-20-15, 04:08 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

I think, they are going turbo charge, like the new nx and the gs200...
Old 08-20-15, 04:52 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The GSF killed the ISF. They couldnt give the GSF ***** so they took the RCF engine and dropped into the GS. Now there is no appropriate motor of an ISF unless they make them all equal. They should dropped a new motor in the GSF and potential LSF and kept the RCF and ISF with the same motor. Just another performance F up from Lexus. Marketing sucks and they also need to learn how to stratify a performance lineup. At minimum they could have kept the ISF, RCF, and GSF all with the same power plant.
Couldn't acre with this more. Not having a 4 door version of RC-F with more powerful motor is why I left Lexus and sold my IS-F. I was gonna wait for the GS-F to come out thinking it would have at least 550 horses but it's just gonna be the same RC-F motor. 467 horses are nothing to sneeze at but it's pretty much what I had in my IS-F with the bolt ons. A twin turbo V8 GS-F with 600 horses would have been my dream sedan to own.
Old 08-20-15, 06:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

What I would have thought would have been the best potential for growth of the F line up would be the following.

#1 Created a 3ISF, and all new RCF that had the same 467 HP 5.0L motor

#2 Created a 4GSF and all new LSF , both rocking a boosted V8 with 575Hp

#3 Spend some money on real marketing that targets the younger buyers and for F's sake make sure your dealership sales and service people know the difference between the cars. People need to know WTF F is !!!! F Sport owners and Lexus owners dont know the difference, my SA doesnt know the difference, and how would they when their performance line up is not making a splash? Its more like a trickle. Its like they put all their effort into development of the actual vehicle and then decided to wait and see what happens. Even visiting a dealership , they act like you are asking to see an LFA when you ask to see the RCFs on the lot, or they have one or two and act like its special .

Last edited by I8ABMR; 08-20-15 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-20-15, 06:51 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Return of the ISF?

I'm just excited to see the power the new motor can make with the same aftermarket support the ISF has. I/H/E on a motor with 50 additional hp at the crank could mean it puts down close to 450 at the wheels after bolt on parts. Plus the better internals and a motor that finds its way into multiple models means MORE aftermarket support due to the increased amount of users. If the new ISF releases with a revamped untested motor the we will be in the same boat we've been in since 2008. Not enough buyers to support R&D in the aftermarket. Say Lexus sells 12000 RCF, 15000 GSF, and another 15000 ISF(if released) with the same motor, that's almost 3x the amount of ISF in their 6 year run. That's good news for those buying into the brand now.
Old 08-20-15, 07:51 PM
737NG
Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
#3 Spend some money on real marketing that targets the younger buyers and for F's sake make sure your dealership sales and service people know the difference between the cars. People need to know WTF F is !!!! F Sport owners and Lexus owners dont know the difference, my SA doesnt know the difference, and how would they when their performance line up is not making a splash? Its more like a trickle. Its like they put all their effort into development of the actual vehicle and then decided to wait and see what happens. Even visiting a dealership , they act like you are asking to see an LFA when you ask to see the RCFs on the lot, or they have one or two and act like its special .
Couldn't agree with you more!

Last edited by lobuxracer; 08-21-15 at 10:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Return of the ISF?