IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Encounter with a CTS-V Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-15, 03:31 PM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Encounter with a CTS-V Wagon

So I'm driving my IS-F south on PCH just south of Malibu yesterday around 10 am when a Cadillac CTS-V wagon pulls along side on me. He was along side of me for a few seconds then he floors it. A low and loud roar, puff of smoke, and he's gone. Me being the respectable dad and family man, just watched him go.

Think he needs the RR Racing AOS system?
Old 08-17-15, 06:01 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

I ran into one coming out of OKC on I-40 W a day after I bought my car and was driving home. We played on the highway for a while and lined up a few times. Each time he pulled on me about 2-3 car lengths up to about 130 then we both slowed down. We gave each other thumbs up and went on our way, but nonetheless was fun, and those wagons are such sleepers unless you know what your dealing with.
Old 08-17-15, 06:53 PM
subiepunk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran into a coupe last week. We did a few pulls on each other for like 10 miles before we parted ways. Sounded like he had something done to it for sure.
Old 08-17-15, 07:26 PM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They run high 10 sec passes in the 1/4 mile w bolt ons, they love and crave NOS trapping somewhere from 125 to 140 traps deppending on mods, theres also a sedan and a hatch back. Watch out youve being warned!!!

My friend has one sedan when he only had cai mild reflash and exhaust we where dead even , me w h,e, stock intake drop in and hps!
Old 08-17-15, 07:44 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had my V sedan for about a month now. I traded in my F for it. My F was fully bolted and I only just put a Corsa exhaust on my V, prob will add intake next and that will be it. Anything more would void power train warranty. My V is a 6 speed manual and I would say it's faster than my F but I wouldn't say it would just blow the F away in a race. I think 6 speed manual is a touch slower than the auto V but I drove an auto V and didn't like the way it shifted. I needed a bigger car and wanted a manual with reliability and a CPO warranty so the V was kind of a no brainer. So far I love the V but I will always be an F guy at heart, it was my first really nice car. I'm always on this forum still cause I still like to see what is going on in F land. Hope that doesn't make me a troll. Here is pic of my V when it's actually clean. Rain everyday here and black car equals bad time for me.
Attached Thumbnails Encounter with a CTS-V Wagon-image.jpg  
Old 08-17-15, 07:47 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrd916
I have had my V sedan for about a month now. I traded in my F for it. My F was fully bolted and I only just put a Corsa exhaust on my V, prob will add intake next and that will be it. Anything more would void power train warranty. My V is a 6 speed manual and I would say it's faster than my F but I wouldn't say it would just blow the F away in a race. I think 6 speed manual is a touch slower than the auto V but I drove an auto V and didn't like the way it shifted. I needed a bigger car and wanted a manual with reliability and a CPO warranty so the V was kind of a no brainer. So far I love the V but I will always be an F guy at heart, it was my first really nice car. I'm always on this forum still cause I still like to see what is going on in F land. Hope that doesn't make me a troll. Here is pic of my V when it's actually clean. Rain everyday here and black car equals bad time for me.
Nice car, always liked them. Drove a coupe with the automatic, the engine was wonderful to say the least.

The 6 speed is fun, I miss my manual cars every once in a while.

Have fun!

P.S: you are not a troll.
Old 08-17-15, 08:40 PM
jdmblood
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow always loved the cts sedan. such a classy whip. congrats
Old 08-17-15, 09:22 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wanted a wagon but I just couldn't find one.... Then I bought a new Acadia Denali for my wife and I realized GM is nice on the surface but they are still poorly made I am glad I went with the F although I still love the look of the V-Wagon.
Old 08-18-15, 12:59 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I love the CTSV and when I see them I always notice and comment to the wife. You could breathe on that thing and make 600 HP
Old 08-18-15, 09:42 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You, sir are far from a troll and your V is sick.
Old 08-18-15, 09:46 AM
ISFTOMMY
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a guy in a old 911 pulled net to me at the light could not be younger then 70 he guns i get about a car length a head of him. the look on his face at the next light was priceless
Old 08-18-15, 08:19 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

N/A Porsches are not all that other than corner exit speed. On a straight TORQUE IS KING ! lol There's no replacement for displacement
Old 08-18-15, 08:40 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Horsepower is always king. Gears fix torque problems (the GTR gearbox is a perfect example of this), and boost works just fine for replacing displacement as long as you have time to get it going.

If torque were really king, we'd all be driving diesels...
Old 08-18-15, 09:04 PM
Piston1047
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Horsepower is always king. Gears fix torque problems (the GTR gearbox is a perfect example of this), and boost works just fine for replacing displacement as long as you have time to get it going.

If torque were really king, we'd all be driving diesels...
I agree on your gearing argument, but I'm going have to disagree with the displacement. All things being equal displacement always wins. You can "slap" a turbo on a large dips. Motor but you can't "slap" displacement on a small motor, ur gonna run out of material. Once you put a turbo on a larger displacement motor it's over. Small displacement motors with turbos make no sense in big power application unless you are trying to prove something or are limited by space or rules. Let's not even go into the reliability issues of trying to make power with FI vs. displacement. Both builds being of equal quality, for example,A viper making 1000hp with 10-15lbs of boost is gonna be more reliable fundamentally than a B20 Honda motor making 1000HP at 10,000 RPM with 40lbs boost, also the viper will always have the potential to make more power and that is simply because there is no replacement for displacement. You will always have an advantage with displacement. So I would say turbos are a compromise for displacement but not a replacement At least that's my argument, but I understand generally what your saying from a volumetric efficiency standpoint.
Old 08-19-15, 06:17 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Piston1047
I agree on your gearing argument, but I'm going have to disagree with the displacement. All things being equal displacement always wins. You can "slap" a turbo on a large dips. Motor but you can't "slap" displacement on a small motor, ur gonna run out of material. Once you put a turbo on a larger displacement motor it's over. Small displacement motors with turbos make no sense in big power application unless you are trying to prove something or are limited by space or rules. Let's not even go into the reliability issues of trying to make power with FI vs. displacement. Both builds being of equal quality, for example,A viper making 1000hp with 10-15lbs of boost is gonna be more reliable fundamentally than a B20 Honda motor making 1000HP at 10,000 RPM with 40lbs boost, also the viper will always have the potential to make more power and that is simply because there is no replacement for displacement. You will always have an advantage with displacement. So I would say turbos are a compromise for displacement but not a replacement At least that's my argument, but I understand generally what your saying from a volumetric efficiency standpoint.
This was like reading car ****. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Encounter with a CTS-V Wagon