IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

F'd ProAutoSports Summer Track Addicts event #2+RR Racing AOS and USRS track review

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-15, 12:14 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default F'd ProAutoSports Summer Track Addicts event #2+RR Racing AOS and USRS track review

8th Track day. Love this damn car so much. Had a great time and as always the F held up and ran with some great cars and even got some compliments on my driving from a NASA and ProAuto instructor ( made me feel great when they both approached me at the same time looking for the driver of the red Lexus). We hit close to record high temps here yesterday so I only did the first 2 sessions and left. Still managed to trigger the oil temp warning light in session 2. Very happy RR Racing has an available oil cooler kit.

As far as the new RR Racing USRS and AOS that have been recently installed on the car I have to say they do exactly what RR Racing has promised. The USRS offers improved feed back, steering feel, and braking feel. I noticed significantly less dive with hard braking off the back straight and pedal feel felt more direct.

The AOS also performed very well. When I initially went to the track the AOS had very little in it after 3 weeks on the street, BUT after 1 20 minute session on the track today the AOS canister was 100% full !! Each session the canister was totally full. This is great considering all of this oil would have been burned up by the engine, created detonation, and reduced overall engine performance and long term health. The only negative to V1 of the AOS as I found today was the volume or carrying capacity of the canister. Its way too small. Its not hard to empty but when the car is insanely hot because you just came off the track its the last time you want to shove your hands down into the nooks and crannies around your radiator hoses. Since it fills after 20 minutes it forces you to empty it after each session. I believe RR Racing has already addressed this issue in the V2 design that is currently being sold.

All in all it was a great day and the products worked just as well or even better than advertised. The only thing I need now is the new oil cooler kit they have released. It is a damn shame that Lexus didn't design the ISF with the appropriate cooling capacity. For any of you track guys who may experience heat issues shifting 500 rpm below red line makes a MASSIVE difference in how fast and how hot the motor oil gets. When I consistently shifted a little early the car never got over 6 out of 7 bras. In session 2 temps were 10 degrees higher and I was chasing a track prepped mustang on slicks and was being chased by a track prepped VW Golf and kind of got lost in the battle and was shifting all the way at red line and got that flashing red light that lasted maybe 30-45 seconds. I slowed down for maybe 1/4 mile to 3/8 of a mile and the temp dropped down to 6 out of 7 bars again and off I went.

All in all great car, great day, great track, and great after market products !! I will add some pics below to see what the AOS caught after 2 20 minute sessions and what the heat does to 2k mile PSS LOL.
Old 08-16-15, 12:17 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Default F'd ProAutoSports Summer Track Addicts event #2+RR Racing AOS and USRS track review

Boom !!!!!!!!!

The pics with the oil in the bottle will show you what my car produced in 3 weeks on the street VS 40 minutes worth of track driving.

IF YOU DO TRACK TIME YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED THE AOS . All of that oil would have been ingested, created detonation, robbed power, and coated the inside of the intake. This is not an engine specific issue as some have stated here. Its physics and chemistry at work. Get that oil hot enough and you are going to create some insane vapor . Frankly if there is any doubt on this product working it can be put to bed now. If you track your car without the RR Racing AOS you are doing your car a disservice .
Attached Thumbnails F'd ProAutoSports Summer Track Addicts event #2+RR Racing AOS and USRS track review-photo996.jpg   F'd ProAutoSports Summer Track Addicts event #2+RR Racing AOS and USRS track review-photo62.jpg   F'd ProAutoSports Summer Track Addicts event #2+RR Racing AOS and USRS track review-photo4294967159.jpg   F'd ProAutoSports Summer Track Addicts event #2+RR Racing AOS and USRS track review-photo748.jpg   F'd ProAutoSports Summer Track Addicts event #2+RR Racing AOS and USRS track review-photo4294966618.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 08-16-15 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-16-15, 12:59 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing. It's been 8 years since I've had a track day. Will be out there again one day!
Old 08-16-15, 03:10 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

very nice run...glad you had a blast. I'm looking forward on November if my schedule permits at work. I'm going to try hit streets of willow...
Old 08-16-15, 11:49 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Looking forward to running Chuckwalla raceway. Im going to start driving far for track days. Im getting tired of the same 4 tracks. Also just heard that INDE motor sports ranch is going private members only so we will most likely be down to the same three tracks. Its rumored that they will be building a new track in AZ in the next 5 years. Its sad but I think my track days are going to slow down a bit. Ive done 8 in 15 months with my ISF and there is really only one here in AZ that is in good shape and modern and its the one that sees the least track days with either ProAuto or NASA. Probably going to just to 2-3 a year and mellow it out. Might even consider 20s for my F and use the stocks to beat on for the track
Old 08-16-15, 03:38 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice work Tammer! Looks like you had a blast and thanks for posting the vids and your feedback on the USRS. Received mine Friday. Just waiting for a couple of other goodies before I install them. Can't wait!
Old 08-16-15, 03:55 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Meanstreak
Nice work Tammer! Looks like you had a blast and thanks for posting the vids and your feedback on the USRS. Received mine Friday. Just waiting for a couple of other goodies before I install them. Can't wait!
My pleasure buddy. The AOS and USRS are both great products. The USRS has helped improve aspects of the steering and braking feel and response that I didn't think anything was wrong with until I replaced the parts. The AOS is an eye opener for sure. I initially bought it to be safe and "just in case " kind of a deal. Like some I said well I have never seen any smoke, but figured its only $160......... But holy ISFn crap thats a lot of captured oil that would have been ingested, created detonation , robber power, decreased engine health, and / or created smoke for some track ISF owners who have actually been black flagged because their cars are beltching smoke. Mine has never produced smoke and I have seen video of the rear of my car even on the last track day when I hit the oil temp warning light ( need to get the damn oil cooler ). Also this way I know how much oil I need to add to the motor. I'd say these are a no brainer.
Old 08-16-15, 06:31 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Cool helmet, which brand and model is it? You also use gloves?
Old 08-16-15, 07:12 PM
justinco
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool! I have not read much about those products, will have to check them out.

The tires don't look that bad actually You should have seen my RE71R's on my BMW after a single weekend of autocross, like throwing $800 into the wind lol...

I ended up getting a set of PSS in OEM sizes for my F, will have them on this week. Impossible to find 245/275 sizes that aren't close to $2k for the set
Old 08-17-15, 04:40 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

That's insane, its almost as if you rented the track all to yourself... no traffic!

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 08-17-15, 06:26 AM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

I8ABMR great review and great driving. You're learning curve is very steep right now and you feel like you may have plateaued. If you have the funds I would invest in a Solo DL and start data analyzing so that you can see where your deficiencies are. Here is what I'm talking about. Not my data, but this is where you can really learn where you are losing time. If you can get data from someone you know runs very fast you can overlay their data with yours. This will take you to the next level of driving. So it will make the 3 tracks you go to much more fun because you will be breaking the track down in sectors.

Old 08-17-15, 11:54 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kzlflash
Cool helmet, which brand and model is it? You also use gloves?
Thanks !! Its a HCI helmet , M rated, and I got it for $110. I dont use gloves. Just freestyle. lol

Originally Posted by justinco
Very cool! I have not read much about those products, will have to check them out.

The tires don't look that bad actually You should have seen my RE71R's on my BMW after a single weekend of autocross, like throwing $800 into the wind lol...

I ended up getting a set of PSS in OEM sizes for my F, will have them on this week. Impossible to find 245/275 sizes that aren't close to $2k for the set
LOL I can imagine. I only did two sessions and left since the ambient temps were at 105 at 7:20 am. You should absolutely check out the AOS and USRS for your F.

Originally Posted by RRRacing
That's insane, its almost as if you rented the track all to yourself... no traffic!

-Rafi
Rafi, the heat scared everyone away. In the green group ( top dogs ) there were only 4 cars and in my first run we had only 4 and the second run there were only 6-7 cars. I usually grid in position 1 because I dont want rock chips and I hatre it when I get stuck in traffic. The video doesnt look as cool with the lack of battles, but no rock chips and windshield damage. I remember chasing a slow viper at AMP and the steam roller tires were kicking up rocks that I could actually see in my video. I stopped that. You either get damage or have to run off line to avoid the damage.

Originally Posted by Bigcloud
I8ABMR great review and great driving. You're learning curve is very steep right now and you feel like you may have plateaued. If you have the funds I would invest in a Solo DL and start data analyzing so that you can see where your deficiencies are. Here is what I'm talking about. Not my data, but this is where you can really learn where you are losing time. If you can get data from someone you know runs very fast you can overlay their data with yours. This will take you to the next level of driving. So it will make the 3 tracks you go to much more fun because you will be breaking the track down in sectors.

Bigcloud thansk so much for the advice. I know you REALLY know your stuff and I thank you for the guidance. I will check it out. Looks like something I could use and your right, if Im stuck at the same 3 tracks might as well really dissect them and go for it . On this track I tend to take it easy on the hair pin. Reason is I am HUGE and if I get overzealous on the hairpins I create a seat squeak that drives me nuts. Thats where I could gain some time. I am about 1:13.1 for my best lap , I think. Ill watch it from now on.
Old 08-17-15, 12:35 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Gaining time in hairpins is unlikely. First focus is always going very fast in the fast parts. If you pick up a tenth in a hairpin, it's a major feat. PIcking up a half second in a long sweeper is much easier and much more likely. You really have to use every available inch of track...
Old 08-17-15, 12:37 PM
justinco
Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR

LOL I can imagine. I only did two sessions and left since the ambient temps were at 105 at 7:20 am. You should absolutely check out the AOS and USRS for your F.
Checked the products out, the USRS definitely makes sense. I would make a crack at why I don't live in Scottsdale/AZ anymore, but 105 @ 7:20am pretty much sums it up (hah, sorry)
Old 08-17-15, 02:24 PM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Looking forward to running Chuckwalla raceway. Im going to start driving far for track days. Im getting tired of the same 4 tracks. Also just heard that INDE motor sports ranch is going private members only so we will most likely be down to the same three tracks. Its rumored that they will be building a new track in AZ in the next 5 years. Its sad but I think my track days are going to slow down a bit. Ive done 8 in 15 months with my ISF and there is really only one here in AZ that is in good shape and modern and its the one that sees the least track days with either ProAuto or NASA. Probably going to just to 2-3 a year and mellow it out. Might even consider 20s for my F and use the stocks to beat on for the track
Take a long drive north to Miller Motorsports park this fall before they close/sell/restructure the venue at the end of October. Guarantee it won't be as hot as AZ, you won't have to leave early for fear of bursting in to flames!

Quick Reply: F'd ProAutoSports Summer Track Addicts event #2+RR Racing AOS and USRS track review