IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Would you let your Lexus Service Advisor take your IS-F for a joy ride?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-15, 07:44 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Would you let your Lexus Service Advisor take your IS-F for a joy ride?

I was dropping my IS-F for service at the dealership and my service advisor was commenting on my car and how another customer with an IS-F would tell him to take his car and rag on it while it was in for service. I was like, um I would never tell anyone to do that with my car.

So who here lets their service advisor go for joy rides?
Old 08-14-15, 07:50 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm about to take mine in for it's first service since I purchased the car. The advisor I've dealt with is owns a modded F, so I wouldn't mind if he drove it. Though I probably wouldn't ask him to do so unless I had a specific issue.
Dennis
Old 08-14-15, 08:11 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I'd have a problem with that only because of what could happen if he were to clip a curb or something. You think he'd take blame for curbing expensive wheels, a front lip, possibly damaging an axle, or the like? We've heard of service techs dodging confrontation from breaking the engine harness for our recalls, so I'd expect similar behavior with the SA. Best case scenario- hidden camera inside the cabin to see what people do. Yes, it's just a car, but it's not their property to mess with.
Old 08-14-15, 08:40 AM
pttlwin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
I'd have a problem with that only because of what could happen if he were to clip a curb or something. You think he'd take blame for curbing expensive wheels, a front lip, possibly damaging an axle, or the like? We've heard of service techs dodging confrontation from breaking the engine harness for our recalls, so I'd expect similar behavior with the SA. Best case scenario- hidden camera inside the cabin to see what people do. Yes, it's just a car, but it's not their property to mess with.
AMEN! Ain't no one joy riding my car!
Old 08-14-15, 08:42 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

I request they don't wash or test drive my vehicle when I drop mine off. Also take picture of the mileage. Yes, I'm that person.
Old 08-14-15, 08:45 AM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call me crazy but, I take a picture of my odometer when I drop the car off. I make sure the service rep sees me doing this.. I let them know that there is no reason to drive my car unless it's something that needs to be tested on the road.. I expect my mileage to be exactly the same... I use to run a chick fil a and while working the drive through, I'd see so many nice BMW and Mercedes (those were the local dealerships) drive through with mechanics driving them.. So I befriended them and they were pretty open in saying they usually take a clients car home or take it for lunch just to do it... At that point I started letting the techs know not to drive my car... I saved quite a while and worked pretty damn hard to buy my F, I don't need someone taking it out for a spin.
Old 08-14-15, 08:46 AM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

Originally Posted by liquidtek
I request they don't wash or test drive my vehicle when I drop mine off. Also take picture of the mileage. Yes, I'm that person.
Guess we posted at the same time.. And yes... I'm that guy as well.
Old 08-14-15, 08:51 AM
pttlwin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by liquidtek
lol same here. No wash even when I got free wash from dealer. I would wait the whole day keeping my eyes on the car until everything finished. I love cars and I respect other person's car too and I expect to get back the same treatment.
Old 08-14-15, 09:46 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

My service adviser at Lexus of Westminster is so professional he wouldn't take anything from a Pinto to a Mansory Bugatti on a joy ride with the customers consent..

@ Pete @ Lexus of Westminster!!

-Josh (jlee@modinjapan.com)
Old 08-14-15, 09:54 AM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

My device advisor is on the forum, also a F owner. I trust him to make the right decision but with a car that is much different mod wise I'd be tempted to give it a whirl
Old 08-14-15, 10:28 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If hes some random SA that I never met then i'd be annoyed but if hes the one you make friends with and he takes care of your car afterwards then I wouldn't mind. I know some of you drive your cars hard.. so whats the difference if he drove it hard or you did?
Old 08-14-15, 10:34 AM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISFpat
If hes some random SA that I never met then i'd be annoyed but if hes the one you make friends with and he takes care of your car afterwards then I wouldn't mind. I know some of you drive your cars hard.. so whats the difference if he drove it hard or you did?
I pay for the gas, oil, maintenance, the car.. All the do is take my money . I'll be damned if they get a free ride in my baby... Like borrowing my girlfriend for a fun time.. Well... If I had one lol. Hmm..

Last edited by H1_OFICR; 08-14-15 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-14-15, 11:28 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

my car. I drive only unless there is an issue.
Old 08-14-15, 11:35 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

nope not at all
Old 08-14-15, 11:45 AM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I think there is a term for someone that sits in the corner of the dealership and lets someone else take their car out for a spin while they watch...

Quick Reply: Would you let your Lexus Service Advisor take your IS-F for a joy ride?