IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

unsmooth idle after cooling system recall work.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-15, 10:23 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
Only a shot in the dark, but adjust the idle speed?
Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I think it could be the air idle control valve because when I take video it does it every 12 seconds . Could be a vacuum leak causing the jump then the idle control brings it back down
There is no user adjustable idle speed.

There is no idle air control valve on the 2UR-GSE.

Where do you guys come up with this BS?
Old 08-11-15, 10:57 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
[Blinkin, the blind man, is up in a perch looking out for strangers]
Robin Hood: Blinkin! What are you doing?
Blinkin: Guessing. I guess no one's coming.
Old 08-11-15, 11:43 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Why do you feel the need to talk down to people , then not even add any info ? This is from just a quick general search on internet. Just looking for answers. How about you add to the discussion as opposed to just talking down to people who are actually trying to help a member out. You have the technical knowledge and we know that but why not offer help if you have an idea? Probably a vacuum leak or an issue with the AC itself since it only occurs when the AC is on.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 08-11-15 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-12-15, 12:56 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Why do you feel the need to talk down to people , then not even add any info ? This is from just a quick general search on internet. Just looking for answers. How about you add to the discussion as opposed to just talking down to people who are actually trying to help a member out. You have the technical knowledge and we know that but why not offer help if you have an idea? Probably a vacuum leak or an issue with the AC itself since it only occurs when the AC is on.

Thanks for your help.
Ask bad questions, get bad answers. What do you say to a patient who says "I read on the Internet..."?

It's NOT a vacuum leak if it only happens when the A/C is on. It is likely a loose electrical connection since there is nothing relating to the A/C which impacts the engine that isn't electrical.
Old 08-12-15, 01:31 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Ask bad questions, get bad answers. What do you say to a patient who says "I read on the Internet..."?

It's NOT a vacuum leak if it only happens when the A/C is on. It is likely a loose electrical connection since there is nothing relating to the A/C which impacts the engine that isn't electrical.
Touche !!! LOL Thanks for the heads up. I will call the tech at the dealership.

Any further advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated . Especially since they are trying to say its nothing.
Old 08-12-15, 05:17 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I would suspect possibly a low coolant level or air pocket in the heater core.

Digger08
Old 08-12-15, 05:25 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Get under the hood and start looking around. Check around the a/c compressor, cooling fans, or any other place you think they might have touched to make sure the electrical connectors are plugged in AND fully seated. Unless your not confident in your mechanical abilities. Still, you should be able to check some of those things without disassembling anything if your hands are skinny enough.
Old 08-12-15, 05:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

They called me and said the car is full on the AC refrigerant and all hoses and fine. Tomorrow they will disconnect the AO separator to see if it does anything. I will have them check the cooling system and all electrical connection.s

They are actually trying to say this may be normal for an F and they wish they had another to compare to. This is so damn annoying. Who the **** is supposed to know these cars.....PEP BOYS jeezus. Can anyone text me a 30 seond video of their ISF idling while the AC is on?? I can PM you my number. I want to show them they are crazy and this is not normal. I even told them I want to open a case and get a Lexus engineer on it. ISF this BS.
Old 08-12-15, 05:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by digger08
I would suspect possibly a low coolant level or air pocket in the heater core.

Digger08
Digger can explain why this may cause this??
Old 08-12-15, 08:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Very cool CL member Pmd me on another site and told me it could be an AC pressure sensor . I am really surprised that the dealership is scratching their heads and thinking this is normal and all is well.

Again any input is welcome . Thanks guys
Old 08-12-15, 08:22 PM
93MSB
Instructor

My idle only jumped once when the AC was set at 80 and the a/c control went from off to on. The last part of the video when you hear the beeps and i dont pan over to the display the temp was raised from 80 to 85, after the first 5 beeps it was dropped from 85 to 72-73. It looks to me like your A/C compressor is cycling on and off.

Last edited by 93MSB; 08-12-15 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-12-15, 09:14 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for your help.
++1, couldn't say it better myself.

I said "a shot in the dark", meaning I may not be right.

Take it easy, some of us only gained our car knowledge from troubleshooting issues in the past, or watching others work on cars. We don't always have all the right answers.

Last edited by 2URGSE; 08-12-15 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-12-15, 09:16 PM
2URGSE
Racer

They called me and said the car is full on the AC refrigerant and all hoses and fine. Tomorrow they will disconnect the AO separator to see if it does anything. I will have them check the cooling system and all electrical connection.s

They are actually trying to say this may be normal for an F and they wish they had another to compare to. This is so damn annoying. Who the **** is supposed to know these cars.....PEP BOYS jeezus. Can anyone text me a 30 seond video of their ISF idling while the AC is on?? I can PM you my number. I want to show them they are crazy and this is not normal. I even told them I want to open a case and get a Lexus engineer on it. ISF this BS.
PM me your cell, I will do this tomorrow morning.

Do you want me to drive the car around first, or just start it up and turn the AC on?
Old 08-12-15, 09:21 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Never-mind, someone already recorded the idle with A/C.
Old 08-12-15, 10:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 93MSB
ISF AC IDLE for I8ABMR - YouTube

My idle only jumped once when the AC was set at 80 and the a/c control went from off to on. The last part of the video when you hear the beeps and i dont pan over to the display the temp was raised from 80 to 85, after the first 5 beeps it was dropped from 85 to 72-73. It looks to me like your A/C compressor is cycling on and off.

Oh man, I really want to thank you for taking the time out to do that. That is super cool of you. Than you so much !! Now I can at least prove to them ISF's , or as the SA put " you F sport" idle doesnt vary like every car ever made.

++1, couldn't say it better myself.

I said "a shot in the dark", meaning I may not be right.

Take it easy, some of us only gained our car knowledge from troubleshooting issues in the past, or watching others work on cars. We don't always have all the right answers.
PM me your cell, I will do this tomorrow morning.

Do you want me to drive the car around first, or just start it up and turn the AC on?
Thanks for your help to bud. I appreciate it. Most dont even respond, let alone take the time out to shoot and post video

93MSB and 2URGSE You guys rock !! We , as a community and a forum, are lucky to CL members like you guys.

If you guys ever need any eye health related questions, let me know. That I know inside and out.

Quick Reply: unsmooth idle after cooling system recall work.