IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF Stolen this morning

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-15, 09:49 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMV8
Pretty bad car to steal..."yeah, I stole an IS-F. It's the only one I've seen in a 100-mile radius!"
My thoughts exactly! I guess he couldn't find anything more conspicuous to steal, like a cop car!
Old 08-05-15, 12:35 AM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW! Sorry to hear about your ISF!
Old 08-05-15, 01:44 AM
V8Lex
Driver

Sorry to hear about your is-f.

Its also a good idea to use a keyless entry keypad as a remote control on your vehicles parked outside so criminals don't have the key to your house/garage if they break into your car.
Old 08-05-15, 05:33 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by V8Lex
Sorry to hear about your is-f.

Its also a good idea to use a keyless entry keypad as a remote control on your vehicles parked outside so criminals don't have the key to your house/garage if they break into your car.
Most Lexus' have the HomeLink powered even if the car is off. If you have HomeLink set up and leave your car on the driveway, anyone can just bust that window and open the garage door. I didn't set up HomeLink on my car for that reason.
Old 08-05-15, 05:38 AM
Beachtyme
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by nixx621
+2
That's almost like asking for trouble IMO. My spare keys stay inside my house, locked up.
Exactly, mine are in a fire proof lock box.

I don't mean to diss on the OP's situation, but I hope he learns from it and makes the necessary adjustments.
Old 08-05-15, 06:55 AM
zoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ISFpat
+1.. steal one car and get the second car for free? doesn't make any sense.
Yep, seems almost careless .Some insurance companies would try to make a case for negligence to avoid paying.
Old 08-05-15, 07:08 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by zoo
Yep, seems almost careless .Some insurance companies would try to make a case for negligence to avoid paying.
Good point... be careful with this one.

I had a home burglary and the thieves lifted 17Gs in audio/video/musical equipment. Allstate claimed I was "pursuing both acting and a career as a musician" so tried to only give me 1K for "business expense coverage." This was all found out via comments on pursuing the arts on my LinkedIn profile.

Terribly sorry to hear about your loss. I'm curious - if the car is repairable, would you want it back?
Old 08-05-15, 08:23 AM
zoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I may have missed it, but how did he get into the Odyssey?
Old 08-05-15, 08:32 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't imagine how much that blows. Sorry this happened to your ISF man
Old 08-05-15, 08:32 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about this. Really sucks.

Make sure you don't leave that key out. Im super careful even when I go to a bar or something. So easy if you leve key out for someone to walk outside. Start pressing the button and take off with your car.

Stay in touch with insurance, get a rental. Most likely they wont find the guy. I have had a few things stolen and they never find fingerprints as they dont spend much time to look. Not a murder.

Hope it all turns out well. Let us know if we can help!!!
Old 08-05-15, 03:44 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by My0gr81
Most Lexus' have the HomeLink powered even if the car is off. If you have HomeLink set up and leave your car on the driveway, anyone can just bust that window and open the garage door. I didn't set up HomeLink on my car for that reason.
Yikes that's dumb, seems like an oversight on Lexus park. Granted I'm sure most don't leave their cars outside of a garage. My wife's MB requires the vehicle to be on prior to working for that very reason. It too has keyless go.
Old 08-06-15, 01:16 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,856 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Convenience almost always trumps security especially with car manufacturers. Didn't anyone else see the Wired article about hacking the Jeep?

I will disable ANY remote access technology on any new vehicle I own before driving off the lot. Their software is not even close to secure. Powering homelink directly from the battery is indication enough they do not care about security over convenience.
Old 08-06-15, 01:32 AM
jjohns6
Driver School Candidate

We always lock our cars. I have 3 kid's so I'll go out first, start the car, get it cooled off and start loading them up. My wife will follow and lock the house up with my keys. This time they happened to be left in the Odyssey and the car somehow didn't get locked. The thief was extremely lucky until the accident.

Originally Posted by zoo
Old 08-06-15, 01:37 PM
jjohns6
Driver School Candidate

Here are the pictures of my car and its associated damage. No one from the police did any investigation. There was literally inside of it, multiple credit cards, a checkbook, a lighter (car smelled like weed). I am very disappointed in the response I have received from the authorities. On a positive note I found my keys in the car (already replaced my door lock though). So what do you guys think, is this totaled or repairable? The rim and tire on the front passenger side move when the car is on but it was severely loose. The car started up on the second try and went into gear, I didn't try to move it though.

Old 08-06-15, 02:37 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks repairable but when airbags are deployed it usually means a total loss.

Quick Reply: ISF Stolen this morning