IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

How rare are IS-F's with sunroof delete

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-15, 10:39 AM
MSTEnginer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How rare are IS-F's with sunroof delete

I have wanted an IS-F for a long time and they are finally starting to come into my budget on the used market. The only problem is that I really don't fit without my head touching the roof. Because of that I'm trying to find an IS-F with the rare sunroof delete option. Is there any production figures or information that show how rare of an option that this was? To my knowledge it was an option for all years is that true?

If you see one for sale feel free to PM me a link.
Old 08-03-15, 12:42 PM
spddemon
Pole Position

That's going to be a very tough unicorn to find. Have you driven one yet? I'm 6'4 210 and fit pretty good no heading rubbing or hitting of the roof. If your going to be tracking then that might be a problem. Good luck with your search.
Old 08-03-15, 01:09 PM
subiepunk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They're out there. Too bad you're not in SoCal. When I was looking for F's my coworker had a friend who was selling his with the no sunroof option and low miles. Only thing was he was asking too much for an 08 and since I wanted the sunroof I didn't try to negotiate price with him much. If you are willing to come out here I can ask my coworker if his friend is still selling it or not.
Old 08-03-15, 01:49 PM
kukimonsta
Driver School Candidate

Def a purple unicorn. I searched a long time for a stock sunroof delete isf, m3, and c63. Eventually just gave up and bought a pristine isf with sunroof.
Old 08-03-15, 02:09 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Very very rare, probably more rare than an Ultrasonic Blue IS-F.

Make some phone calls, see if a dealer can find you one. I know 2014 is the last year of the model, I am not sure if they are taking orders anymore, that MAY be your only option.
Old 08-03-15, 02:25 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

There was one that popped up not too long ago for sale. It was one of the odd cars someone made a thread about. Either the '10 with 500 miles or a questionable '08.
Old 08-03-15, 03:07 PM
MSTEnginer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spddemon
That's going to be a very tough unicorn to find. Have you driven one yet? I'm 6'4 210 and fit pretty good no heading rubbing or hitting of the roof. If your going to be tracking then that might be a problem. Good luck with your search.
My wife had a 2010 IS250 and my head always touched in that one. I sat in an F at the auto show and adjusted the seat and seemed like the same issue. My problem is that I like a upright seating position.

Originally Posted by Sean
There was one that popped up not too long ago for sale. It was one of the odd cars someone made a thread about. Either the '10 with 500 miles or a questionable '08.
There was a blue 2012 for sale last year that would have been perfect but they seem to be few and far between.

Is there a good way to lower seating position with an aftermarket adjustable back seat?
Old 08-03-15, 03:07 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Go to England and be surprised if you find a car with a sunroof
Old 08-03-15, 03:15 PM
makena88
Pole Position

I recall when I first got my 2008 IS-F, I wanted the one without the sunroof and navigation option. It was very hard to find since at that time they claimed for the US it was only avail in Hawaii.

I'm not sure if that was true. Since I was on the waiting list for over 2 years they just gave me one with the Sunroof and Navigation for the same price I was quoted on the one without.

I'm actually glad I got it with Navigation now (resell value) but for the sunroof I could care less. I never use it except to open it once in a while to make sure it is still working and to clear out any debris.
Old 08-03-15, 03:44 PM
pharnhyte
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MSTEnginer
I have wanted an IS-F for a long time and they are finally starting to come into my budget on the used market. The only problem is that I really don't fit without my head touching the roof. Because of that I'm trying to find an IS-F with the rare sunroof delete option. Is there any production figures or information that show how rare of an option that this was? To my knowledge it was an option for all years is that true?

If you see one for sale feel free to PM me a link.

There is one on cars.com USB, Utah.
Old 08-03-15, 04:16 PM
MSTEnginer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pharnhyte
There is one on cars.com USB, Utah.
Wow thanks for the lead now I just need to sell my M5. How did you find that?
Old 08-03-15, 05:14 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

WoW... I can't believe your selling a M5 for a ISF!!!!
Old 08-03-15, 05:17 PM
96300NAZ
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
Very very rare, probably more rare than an Ultrasonic Blue IS-F.

Make some phone calls, see if a dealer can find you one. I know 2014 is the last year of the model, I am not sure if they are taking orders anymore, that MAY be your only option.
Interesting enough the dealer says you can still order them. I was contemplating trading for the rc but I said I like the 4 doors. I was told they can still be ordered.
Old 08-03-15, 07:31 PM
MSTEnginer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JdSwiper
WoW... I can't believe your selling a M5 for a ISF!!!!
I have 2 project cars and I don't need my daily to be another one. Don't get me wrong my e39 is a great car but as with any BMW's of that era there are always small parts and sensors going wrong. I know that I can put 10k miles a year on an IS-F and do nothing but oil changes, the same cannot be said for the M5.

On another note I have a very clean E39 M5 you can buy
Old 08-03-15, 08:02 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The one is Utah 2010 has a rebuilt title branded or salvage title. Different states use different terminology for insurance total loss vehicles. I know they sell quite a few ISFs all have had branded titles. If you don't mind that aspect of it. Another member here milehi I think mentioned he inquired about it. Recovery theft just stolen ecus.

Quick Reply: How rare are IS-F's with sunroof delete