IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

We need to get an ISF on The Smoking Tire

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-15, 08:26 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default We need to get an ISF on The Smoking Tire

Just like the title says, we need to get Matt Farah to drive a well modified ISF on The Smoking Tire. I would jump at the opportunity to have him review my ISF, but sadly I'm more than 3000 miles away from California.

...hopefully an ISF with well thought out performance oriented modifications...not show.

Any California or surrounding state ISF owners game to hit him up?
Old 07-31-15, 08:48 PM
ISDAS
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 27 Posts

yeah would love to see that! keep seeing modified camry's and ****.. get an ISF on that show stat!!

I would offer my car but im in Australia.. lol
Old 08-01-15, 02:36 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

They have a little of everything on that show. I think there were a few F Sports a few years back when he was doing reviews of new cars not just enthusiasts' vehicles. There has never been a truck F vehicle on the show as far as I know though.
Old 08-01-15, 06:15 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Matt Farah has reviewed the RC-F on the show.

Old 08-01-15, 06:25 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

I'll let him do my car. I'm too lazy to search up how to do it and the whole process. Someone do it for me. Thanks! haha

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-01-15, 08:25 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^I watch these videos and have been waiting for an ISF as well. But I'm lazier than you. Figure it out!

I know you gotta sign up and make a profile on wheelwell and then get on the waiting list.

He did have a video on TheSmokingTire recently where one of his colleagues took a 2014 ISF on the track and complained about the interior being from the same era of the Backstreet Boys lol
Old 08-01-15, 10:59 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

already know what the ISF is capable of. no need for biased guys to bash on it. they will already talk about the auto transmission first and foremost and that the resale is too good on the F and that you can get a more "fun" car for cheaper.
Old 08-02-15, 02:35 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Not a fan of his reviews... or his driving ability. Plus, I wouldn't risk you car on his mountain driving.
Old 08-02-15, 10:02 AM
ISFTOMMY
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ever since i first started watching his videos i wondered if he would ever do an isf. Matt said he's drove one. it would be sick to see a modded one on one take.
Old 08-02-15, 02:58 PM
ISDAS
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 27 Posts

personally I think he would love a modded F..

looking forward to that video!
Old 08-02-15, 09:19 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
already know what the ISF is capable of. no need for biased guys to bash on it. they will already talk about the auto transmission first and foremost and that the resale is too good on the F and that you can get a more "fun" car for cheaper.
I doubt he'd bash on it. Maybe the youtube comment warriors would, but Matt Farah is generally a nice dude and is respectful to the owner who is usually in the car with him even if the car isn't to his taste. He tries to focus on the good points of the car, not where it falls short. I've probably watched most of these videos and the only times he's been obviously displeased (and yet still respectful) are on some Volkswagen and a Prius that both rubbed terribly any time they went around the slightest corner.

I'd let him drive my F if I was in SoCal. Josh's ride would be a great candidate. Just make sure there is no rub even with Farah's fat *** weighing it down!
Old 08-02-15, 11:28 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

I know those roads where Matt testing them out pretty well, we did midnite canyon run a few years back with ours F. I enjoy his show , he can drive my F anytime
Old 08-03-15, 02:49 PM
kukimonsta
Driver School Candidate

Not a big fan of his commentaries but he seemed honest. His comparison between m4 and m235i was pretty interesting.
Old 08-03-15, 02:58 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if he does one then atleast be honest and if you have a lowered car that rubs around a track.. dont bother signing up, you'll just make the ISF look bad on the show.

Best type of ISF should be i/h/e, some wheels and VERY good suspension with LSD.. who knows.. if he says good enough things then more people will want it and itll raise the value of the car lol. supply < demand
Old 08-03-15, 03:55 PM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpat
if he does one then atleast be honest and if you have a lowered car that rubs around a track.. dont bother signing up, you'll just make the ISF look bad on the show.

Best type of ISF should be i/h/e, some wheels and VERY good suspension with LSD.. who knows.. if he says good enough things then more people will want it and itll raise the value of the car lol. supply < demand
+1 Pat

Like the one episode with the EVO. literally rubbed on every turn. I had to stop watching

Quick Reply: We need to get an ISF on The Smoking Tire