IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Finally blew it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-15, 10:33 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
i'll take it and work on this project when i get back from vegas next week.
youre going to vegas next week? I'll be there next weekend lol
Old 08-05-15, 01:38 PM
DanISFast
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
going from the LS460 to the ISF the stereo is easily the weakest art of the car ( and maybe interior leather quality ). The stereo in the LS460 blew my mind even after having the car 4 years. The ISf system is always at high volume and max bass because it has no *****. I feel for the dudes who have the base system . It would be like listening to a walk man lol
Believe it or not the base system in my IS350 sounded lightyears better than the ML system in my IS-F. The factory base system in my IS350 had great lows, mids and highs. The bass was fantastic for a factory system, some passengers even asked if I had a box in the trunk, it hits pretty hard. The ML system reminds of BOSE car offerings, no highs, no lows, must be BOSE.

It's so bad, the base system in my Honda S2000 and Element sounds better. Sadly I'm not even joking.

Wish I had the base Lexus factory system. The ML stereo is the only disappointing part of the IS-F for me.
Old 08-05-15, 03:12 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by DanISFast
Believe it or not the base system in my IS350 sounded lightyears better than the ML system in my IS-F. The factory base system in my IS350 had great lows, mids and highs. The bass was fantastic for a factory system, some passengers even asked if I had a box in the trunk, it hits pretty hard. The ML system reminds of BOSE car offerings, no highs, no lows, must be BOSE.

It's so bad, the base system in my Honda S2000 and Element sounds better. Sadly I'm not even joking.

Wish I had the base Lexus factory system. The ML stereo is the only disappointing part of the IS-F for me.
Agreed
Old 08-05-15, 03:38 PM
darkoozy
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DanISFast

I agree too!!!

I took my car back to the dealer thinking something was wrong, only to be told, "works as designed".....
Old 08-06-15, 02:24 PM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

When I play DVD-Audio's on the ML in the ISF, it sounds fantastic. I think the biggest problem is the stereo is optimized for 5.1 surround and not a 2-channel like most cars have. When I listen to the radio or Sirius (only on free weeks/weekends) it sounds terrible. BT streaming isn't too bad, but I agree with everyone about the ML system in general. I get into other co workers cars from Chevy to BMW's and all of their systems have bass and sound much better. Too bad the DVD-A format is dead because it really makes a difference. You can pick those up off of eBay for now, but some artists still release DVD-Audio format from time to time.
Old 08-06-15, 02:57 PM
foxprime
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did you blow the sub? It must have been really loud for that to happen.

I used to do that back in my younger days, but I now value my health (my ear drums, in specific). I realized I was putting out a bad image to people in my surroundings. I now listen to music levels for the people in the car cabin, not outside.
Old 08-06-15, 03:19 PM
Michael3UZ
Rookie

What is going on with these speaker failures? My 1991 Soarer/SC400 stereo is still going perfectly well!
Old 10-26-15, 07:44 AM
ISFHEMS
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Before you guys go and get a new sub, check out my thread on how I fixed mine, it might hopefully save you a few bucks!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-repaired.html

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Old 10-26-15, 10:47 PM
parasitius
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...I had really, really low expectations coming from Acura ELS combined with reading the forums on how bad the stereo is on the IS-F. And ... I'm left totally confused! I feel absolutely no immediate need to upgrade, and speakers are a very integral thing to me. When I'm playing some trance ... and arrive at a 2 minute stop light, I honestly know that deep rumbling must be annoying the hell out of fellow drivers and guiltily usually turn it down a few notches.

Are you guys going by a standard that people inside whatever business you are parked at should be able to clearly hear your thump thump thump?? Otherwise... yeah. Confused what the problem is!!

2nd thing I have a question: has anyone cut the power to the built-in sub and gone with a box in the trunk? So, when you do that, I assume the ML amp has a lot more headroom to power the rest of the speakers in the system. Do they get a lot louder and clear, just having this burden taken off the amp's back? Or was Lexus already using a separate amp for speakers / sub?
Old 10-27-15, 06:40 AM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

As a new F owner.. where is the sub located?
Old 10-27-15, 09:51 AM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
As a new F owner.. where is the sub located?
behind the back seat on the drivers side, you have to remove the rear seat and deck cover to get to it.

I thought mine was blown too, so I took it apart last night and didn't see anything wrong with it. It appears to me that some of the things I play are too low and the sound just gets distorted.

Last edited by 93MSB; 10-27-15 at 09:55 AM.