kukimonsta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deep and mean! Too bad shipping would kill any deal coming from UK
Old 08-05-15, 03:34 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Only thing I spotted was they never cross the pipes, unless they are prior to muffler entry but is hard to see from the vid. Would mean the two banks don't cross which usually eliminates engine pulses and would explain why other systems have a smoother tone compared to this one.

Either way, sounds cool. Would be curious if that has a negative effect on performance though.
Old 08-05-15, 04:29 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Only thing I spotted was they never cross the pipes, unless they are prior to muffler entry but is hard to see from the vid. Would mean the two banks don't cross which usually eliminates engine pulses and would explain why other systems have a smoother tone compared to this one.

Either way, sounds cool. Would be curious if that has a negative effect on performance though.
Good eyes, the exhaust does not have an "x pipe".. as confirmed by Pete (the OP).
Old 08-05-15, 08:47 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Good eyes, the exhaust does not have an "x pipe".. as confirmed by Pete (the OP).
Good eyes indeed.

Guess only time will tell on the performance side. Hopefully I'll get it back on a dyno again pretty soon.

I'll also snap some more photos when it's next up in the air for sure.

Does sound awesome though.

As a guideline, I only paid slightly more for this system including install, than the cost of a Joe Z off the shelf over here. I'll try and see what they would charge to ship these over the pond for you guys.

Cheers.

Pete
Old 08-07-15, 11:25 AM
kukimonsta
Driver School Candidate

please do!!! so is this an axle back system? or catback system? you had mentioned secondary cats back....

my assumption is after secondary cats are axle back systems and after first cat back is catback systems.

I just re-watched the video and it does look like pipes after secondary cats. It's amazing what it sounds like just from mufflers...wow...

Last edited by kukimonsta; 08-07-15 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-07-15, 01:21 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by kukimonsta
please do!!! so is this an axle back system? or catback system? you had mentioned secondary cats back....

my assumption is after secondary cats are axle back systems and after first cat back is catback systems.

I just re-watched the video and it does look like pipes after secondary cats. It's amazing what it sounds like just from mufflers...wow...
Hi.

This is a catback system. The system starts after the first cats and headers, and goes from there right to the mufflers. I had the secondary cats removed, and this video represents how it sounded with no secondary cats.

It now has two small silencers fitted where the secondary cats used to be. This has reduced drone considerably when cruising at normal highway speeds.

It still is nice and deep and aggressive under acceleration though.

Cold start isn't that much quieter, but it's enough to stop the drone inside the car.

Hope that explains things a bit better.

Cheers.

Peter
Old 08-07-15, 01:36 PM
kukimonsta
Driver School Candidate

Start a group buy
Old 11-24-15, 08:29 PM
zensation
Driver School Candidate

this exhaust sounds awesome! so good that it has inspired me to spend some time with a locally based performance exhaust shop and create something with some of their products. We will be starting tests on my car welding up stuff this weekend hopefully with a couple things to try. I tried to buy one from H&S but the logistics of getting a car into their shop to fab from and then shipping here has been a task. i might post a thread when we reach a good product!
Old 11-25-15, 01:14 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Brilliant nicely done like everyone stayed it sounds very much like a c63 AMG.
Old 11-25-15, 08:01 PM
DansonISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FFM

hey guys im come across on ebay n saw this exhaust system its similar to his set up which is no 2 banks dont crossing each other what do you guys think of this ????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS-F-M...dU8l5M&vxp=mtr
Old 11-25-15, 08:15 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

It doesn't cross, it just merges into one pipe haha. Looks more like an aftermarket cat delete meant for the stock rear section. Won't likely yield the same result as the OP.