IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Road Atlanta up next

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-15, 09:06 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Road Atlanta up next

I can barely sit still knowing that I'll be out on this iconic track on Friday. Stay tuned for video!
Old 07-29-15, 09:49 AM
pat1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RA is awesome. I did a lot of roadracing motorcycles out there. It's a fast track. Watch out for turn 7. I don't know if they changed the surface since I was there last but it was slick as ice. Have fun and be careful
Old 07-29-15, 10:58 AM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking forward to the videos! Enjoy...
Old 07-29-15, 01:09 PM
VMRWheels
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! Have fun and stay safe

Look forward to the video!
Old 07-29-15, 03:32 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

looking forward to the videos. I missed my last track day 2 weeks ago because the weather man said it was going to rain for 3 days and it didnt. Looking forward to the next one.

Zach if you want some decals for your car or garage check out trackdecals.com
Old 07-29-15, 04:17 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
looking forward to the videos. I missed my last track day 2 weeks ago because the weather man said it was going to rain for 3 days and it didnt. Looking forward to the next one.

Zach if you want some decals for your car or garage check out trackdecals.com
Those are the guys I get them from every time!

Run rain or shine, the rain makes for an interesting change of pace. Literally.
Old 07-30-15, 01:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZaxF
Those are the guys I get them from every time!

Run rain or shine, the rain makes for an interesting change of pace. Literally.

My track time and these decals are my best mods.
Attached Thumbnails Road Atlanta up next-img_1823.jpg   Road Atlanta up next-img_1824.jpg  
Old 08-01-15, 08:44 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Here's video from the first two sessions. I'll get 3 (Meanstreak riding shotgun) and 4 up along with a recap of the day later tonight or tomorrow. Let's just say I earned my gold LEXUS calipers...

PS, pardon some of my colorful language
Old 08-01-15, 11:01 AM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZaxF
Let's just say I earned my gold LEXUS calipers...
I can vouch for that! ZaxF and Torxuvin represented!

Group shot:

Old 08-02-15, 10:22 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Default Recap and additional sessions videos

So here's the rest of the video's and a recap on the course:

Road Atlanta was the most challenging course I've driven yet. Many of the turns are off-camber and slick. There are a few blind hills that can disorient you if you're not completely focused. Some of the most notable were turn 3 that could sneak up on you, turn 5 after 'the esses', turn 7 that was very slick, and of course turn 11 under the bridge is completely blind. You have to aim a the red square on the bridge and just trust that the car is aimed the right direction. The course is very fast, the three straights can find you well into the 100's all with decent braking zones, and all into tight turns so you had to pay attention. The car, again, performed incredibly. I bumped up the coil overs to -18 front and -20 rear and probably could have gone another click up on the front due to the downhill braking causing for heavy compression of the front suspension. All that being said, it was an amazing time and if you have a chance, DRIVE THIS TRACK!

Here are sessions 3 (with meanstreak riding shotgun) and 4, and an overlay of the first few laps in session 3 with Harrys Lap Timer.

Old 08-02-15, 11:25 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

VERY VERY COOL !! Great driving man. The car sounds great and the track looks awesome. Those sweepers and high speed chicanes look badass. Balancing the car through a high speed corner like that is more rewarding and needs good feel for the balance and grip of the car as it goes through. I am dying to get out there. Thanks for sharing this video buddy. This helps inspire even the biggest track junkies like myself. Im sure many will love watching these videos. I really enjoyed watching them. I am thinking of trying out Chukwalla and heading to Cali for some different tracks. I am getting too used to the 4 I have out here.

Bday coming up and I will be ordering some forged wheels . I was looking at the wedsportSa55. I was wondering what are your wheel specs and tires sizes? thanks in advance buddy

Also how did you get your phone mounted so stable for Harry lap timer. I used a mount I got on amazon and the video looked like it was shot by a break dancing epileptic in a massage chair

Do you use the carbotech pads on the street as well. Im not a DIY guy so I am looking for more stopping ability and heat tolerance but dont want the damn noise at every stop. In that case I will keep eating oem pads lol. Im ordering a complete brake set front and rear pads, and rotors for $900 on amazon ( all oem parts). I need some brake parts in the arsenal so when I go into the braking zones I just dont give a damn lol. Its a great feeling being to push the car as hard as it can be pushed and knowing replacement parts are waiting. I feel like a real race driver. My last track day I was a little easy on the brakes. Now Ill be going deep into those zones.lol

Last edited by I8ABMR; 08-02-15 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-02-15, 11:55 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
VERY VERY COOL !! Great driving man. The car sounds great and the track looks awesome. Those sweepers and high speed chicanes look badass. Balancing the car through a high speed corner like that is more rewarding and needs good feel for the balance and grip of the car as it goes through. I am dying to get out there. Thanks for sharing this video buddy. This helps inspire even the biggest track junkies like myself. Im sure many will love watching these videos. I really enjoyed watching them. I am thinking of trying out Chukwalla and heading to Cali for some different tracks. I am getting too used to the 4 I have out here.

Bday coming up and I will be ordering some forged wheels . I was looking at the wedsportSa55. I was wondering what are your wheel specs and tires sizes? thanks in advance buddy

Also how did you get your phone mounted so stable for Harry lap timer. I used a mount I got on amazon and the video looked like it was shot by a break dancing epileptic in a massage chair
Thanks buddy. I loved this track. Barber is a close second to Road Atlanta though.

My SA55M are 19x8.5 +38 and 19x9.5 +38 running 245/35 275/30. My PSS are toast so I might try a square 265/35 on the next set. Torxuvin ran a square 255 that day and was pleased with the performance vs a staggered set up. Figs is running square on his new BCs also, so just a thought as you go to buy new wheels. I think my next set of tires might be something between the PSS and a slick. Don't think I'm ready for full on slicks but I could have used some more grip. Partly could be because the PSS are spent and got greasy at the end of the day though.

I actually recorded video with the gopro and then overlay the info from Harry's. It was a pain in the **** to figure out and the timing is a little off, but you get the idea.
Old 08-02-15, 02:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks buddy. I am tempted to try the 255/35/19 and 285/30/19 and go with S04 Pole position since they are cheap and these track days arent going to stop. I was even thinking to go as far as doing the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2. Crazy expensive but crazy grip or even the P zero Corsa. Just depends on the tire size I go with

Where di you order the wheels ? I found a vendor, but unsure how I feel about ordering wheels online. I usually do it through Discount tire in case there is drama or an issue. Have a feeling that these wheels are pretty high quality and would not to stress as much
Old 08-02-15, 04:22 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

That would be a super fat set up! My weds came with the car from the PO. Be confident buying from GetYourWheels, Jason (I think), a vendor here. I bought my Vossen VFS2 from them when I had the GS. I preordered before they were even available and he did a great job keeping me updated on the process.
Old 08-02-15, 06:10 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the heads up. I was telling my wife that the CL vendors are all pretty solid. Still a little nervous. Gotta decide between the Weds, Forgestar, or even the new line of TSW forged wheels. Tempted to go with 20s, but I know 19 will feel a little better. I am looking for width of the contact patch and not just the larger wheel diameter

Quick Reply: Road Atlanta up next