IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Would you put the new Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires on your ISF?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-15, 06:33 AM
Heather558
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you put the new Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires on your ISF?

Hello!

I got my car with 32k and new tires. I’m at about 56k so I knew I would be needing tires anytime. I was hoping to wait until later this year when my next oil change is done (due at 59k) but I was checking my tires the other day and noticed the front driver side is bad! There is wire coming through so now I’m looking to replace the tires asap. I had in my head that I would only put on the same tires since I’ve had no issues and they lasted so long – Bridgestone Potenza’s…. The dealership quoted $1415 with tax. And another $120 if alignment is needed. Then I stopped by a local tire place and was recommended the new Cont DWS06 - Price is $1000. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried these. The guy said I have thirty days to change my mind but I hate dealing with that crap (changing tires). Should I just put on what I know works, the Bridgestone's? I usually don't drive my car in the winter but it may be my only car soon so I may need an all season tire.

The current tires are a little over 3 years old. They still have tread left too. I’d hate to save $400 bucks only to spend more later if the tires don’t last as long. I know continental is a well known brand so any advice is appreciated. And yeah, I was the one crying a while back about maintenance costs lol.. But whether I spend a $1000 or $1400 isn’t going to make much of a difference.

I live 3 miles from work so I’m not out hauling a$$ all day long. I just want a quality tire~

Thank you in advance 

roughly 25k miles on these tires
Old 07-28-15, 06:48 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't help you with the Continentals but look into get the Figs LCA bushings or the RR Racing Ultimate Response System. Along with an alignment, that should take care of the inner tire wear.
Old 07-28-15, 06:52 AM
zen
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

These are new from Conti DWS06. $1000 is include installation ? that's steep. I think these tires goes around $700 on tirerack. You can check the reviews on the web.
Old 07-28-15, 07:04 AM
Heather558
Driver

Thanks. I searched a little more and found a couple reviews on the DWS06. There are tons of reviews on the older version tire (DW)... Decisions, decisions... Tire rack is showing around $850 for these delivered if my math is correct. I don't fee like dealing with delivery and taking the tires in. I would have to be saving more or know someone to help...
Old 07-28-15, 07:19 AM
Heather558
Driver

Originally Posted by NSXGuy
Can't help you with the Continentals but look into get the Figs LCA bushings or the RR Racing Ultimate Response System. Along with an alignment, that should take care of the inner tire wear.
Thanks for the recommendation Gene. I just put new pads on but next time around I need rotors so maybe I can work in what you recommended too!
Old 07-28-15, 07:29 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

you are getting ripped off at the dealership. those tires are way cheaper brand new. also 120 for an alignment for a stock ISF? there is only toe adjustment, you are looking more of the price at 65-80 dollars at a good shop.
Old 07-28-15, 08:13 AM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Heather558
Thanks. I searched a little more and found a couple reviews on the DWS06. There are tons of reviews on the older version tire (DW)... Decisions, decisions... Tire rack is showing around $850 for these delivered if my math is correct. I don't fee like dealing with delivery and taking the tires in. I would have to be saving more or know someone to help...
The DWS06's rock for an A/S tire. The DW is NOT the predecessor to the DWS06, the DWS is. Two completely different tire lines.

I have the DWS's on a number of cars in our family, and have installed them on several of my friend's cars as well, they work exceptionally well. I recently installed DWS06's on our A7, an S4, my daughter's WRX, and an Acura TL. Limited miles on the 06's, but they definitely handle extremely well in dry and rain, and I anticipate a tire superior to the predecessor.

When some additional sizes become available in September, they are going on my wife's 3IS in an upsize.

Let me state that I am a fan of Michelin's, but in the A/S category I prefer the Conti's.
Old 07-28-15, 08:18 AM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Thanks for the recommendation Gene. I just put new pads on but next time around I need rotors so maybe I can work in what you recommended too!
This is a pic of the Figs Lower Control Arm bushing installed on my car, this is what Gene is referring to. This, along with toe set close to zero, helps to eliminate tire wear such as yours.
Attached Thumbnails Would you put the new Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires on your ISF?-image.jpg  
Old 07-28-15, 08:26 AM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Hello!

I got my car with 32k and new tires. I’m at about 56k so I knew I would be needing tires anytime. I was hoping to wait until later this year when my next oil change is done (due at 59k) but I was checking my tires the other day and noticed the front driver side is bad! There is wire coming through so now I’m looking to replace the tires asap. I had in my head that I would only put on the same tires since I’ve had no issues and they lasted so long – Bridgestone Potenza’s…. The dealership quoted $1415 with tax. And another $120 if alignment is needed. Then I stopped by a local tire place and was recommended the new Cont DWS06 - Price is $1000. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried these. The guy said I have thirty days to change my mind but I hate dealing with that crap (changing tires). Should I just put on what I know works, the Bridgestone's? I usually don't drive my car in the winter but it may be my only car soon so I may need an all season tire.

The current tires are a little over 3 years old. They still have tread left too. I’d hate to save $400 bucks only to spend more later if the tires don’t last as long. I know continental is a well known brand so any advice is appreciated. And yeah, I was the one crying a while back about maintenance costs lol.. But whether I spend a $1000 or $1400 isn’t going to make much of a difference.

I live 3 miles from work so I’m not out hauling a$$ all day long. I just want a quality tire~

Thank you in advance 

roughly 25k miles on these tires
One more thing... The Bridgestone RE050's have a OTQG tread wear of 140, the Conti DWS06's are 540. All things being equal, the Conti's would outlast the Bridgestone's without fail.
Old 07-28-15, 08:36 AM
Heather558
Driver

Originally Posted by SoCalISF
One more thing... The Bridgestone RE050's have a OTQG tread wear of 140, the Conti DWS06's are 540. All things being equal, the Conti's would outlast the Bridgestone's without fail.
Thanks for all the input. I'm def feeling better about the Conti tires. I had an 02 M3 and it devoured the back tires. I put new Michelin tires on it once and within 3-4k miles they were bald - Firestone even replaced them at no charge. From there I was a little leery of Michelin but I realized it was likely the car... not the tires. But with a HP car, I just assumed another over 20k on a tire is good after having the M3... so I have been happy with Bridgestone.. But from what you're saying the Conti should last even longer so that's good news of course.
Old 07-28-15, 08:37 AM
Heather558
Driver

This is a pic of the Figs Lower Control Arm bushing installed on my car, this is what Gene is referring to. This, along with toe set close to zero, helps to eliminate tire wear such as yours.
Thanks for the pic~
Old 07-28-15, 08:39 AM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

The DWS06's rock for an A/S tire. The DW is NOT the predecessor to the DWS06, the DWS is. Two completely different tire lines.
Bingo! Comparing the DW to the DWS06 is comparing apples to... llamas. The DW is a much better comparison to the Bridgestones you have on the car now.

Personally I don't understand putting all (no) season tires on a car like the F. You completely strangle the performance by going from a good summer tire to ANY all season tire.
Old 07-28-15, 08:44 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

I don't experience with the DWS, but I do with the DW. Here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...xtreme-dw.html

I am now running the Bridgestone S-04 here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-position.html

I know you are asking about an all season tire, and I run summer tires - and I also run oversize. But maybe my experience with the DWs may have some meaning for you..

Lou
Old 07-28-15, 09:03 AM
Heather558
Driver

Originally Posted by flowrider
I don't experience with the DWS, but I do with the DW. Here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...xtreme-dw.html

I am now running the Bridgestone S-04 here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-position.html

I know you are asking about an all season tire, and I run summer tires - and I also run oversize. But maybe my experience with the DWs may have some meaning for you..

Lou
Lou - thanks for the links - lots of helpful info. So I take it you like the pol pos tires better than the DWs? To be honest, when I first saw the all season conti tire I thought it was ugly - I realize that's because I'm not use to the tread pattern.. Anyway, I'm open to putting on a summer tire. That's what I have used the last 3.5 years. I'm going to call and get prices on both that you mentioned. Thanks again.
Old 07-28-15, 09:11 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

I have DWS on my Evo. Absolutely hate them. The sidewalls are way too soft. This not only compromises the tires during the potholes of winter but the handling of the car is negatively impacted. The tires (new) squeal non stop on aggressive turn-in. I've already replaced two tires on the Evo (stock suspension).

Quick Reply: Would you put the new Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires on your ISF?