justinco
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great!
Old 07-27-15, 12:32 PM
DanISFast
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obsidian Black is the best color for the IS-F when it's clean and the worst when it's dirty...

Can't have it all..
Old 07-29-15, 08:04 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Welcome "back".

May I make a suggestion for the black paint, if it's in great condition and does not have any swirls, here's what I recommend to make it shine, and you only need to apply it every 4 months or so:

Amazon.com: Corrosion-X 61002 Rejex 16oz Bottle: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Corrosion-X 61002 Rejex 16oz Bottle: Sports & Outdoors
Old 07-29-15, 09:48 AM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
Welcome "back".

May I make a suggestion for the black paint, if it's in great condition and does not have any swirls, here's what I recommend to make it shine, and you only need to apply it every 4 months or so:

Amazon.com: Corrosion-X 61002 Rejex 16oz Bottle: Sports & Outdoors
Is that Rejex stuff a glaze and sealer?
Old 07-29-15, 10:42 AM
justinco
Driver

Welcome "back".

Amazon.com: Corrosion-X 61002 Rejex 16oz Bottle: Sports & Outdoors
Hmm, as a detailer I've never heard of that stuff. I would rather use something made explicitly for cars paint. For a short term sealant I go with CarPro Reload. Easy to apply and doesn't need 12 hours of curing. Curing is usually only required by semi-permanent paint coatings that are meant to last a year +. Like 22ple, which is what I have on my F...these types of coatings require proper prep and paint polishing before application though, especially on a black car.
Old 07-29-15, 12:11 PM
JT2MA71
Forum Moderator

Received 1,595 Likes on 698 Posts

Congrats on the new F! Love that color!

I have a set of practically brand new swift springs if you're interested
Old 07-29-15, 07:39 PM
Jermstn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by justinco
Hmm, as a detailer I've never heard of that stuff. I would rather use something made explicitly for cars paint. For a short term sealant I go with CarPro Reload. Easy to apply and doesn't need 12 hours of curing. Curing is usually only required by semi-permanent paint coatings that are meant to last a year +. Like 22ple, which is what I have on my F...these types of coatings require proper prep and paint polishing before application though, especially on a black car.
Can you PM me details on how/what you're using? Im new to the detail thing and swirl marks etc...I was going to pay someone to give the exterior the full nine yards but after doing a lot of research I feel like I can do a pretty good job.
Old 07-29-15, 07:43 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Originally Posted by RK_FSprt
Is that Rejex stuff a glaze and sealer?
Synthetic Sealant.
Old 07-29-15, 07:47 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Originally Posted by justinco
Hence I said, if his car does not have any swirls. If it does, he will need to claybar and paint, wash all that off, dry the car, POLISH out the swirls and then apply whatever sealant he wants.

It was just a suggestion. I've been detailing cars for a while, no professionally, but enough to get some decent results. I've used everything from Meguire's 26, P21S Carnuba, a variety of spray waxes etc.

This stuff works very well, I don't cure it for 12 hours, maybe 5-10 minutes and you're good for 4+ months. The sealant helps with the sun, rain, bee pollen and the worst: bird poop.

Another product I like is PoorBoy's for dark colored vehicles.

Each to his own.
Old 07-29-15, 07:49 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see they have a black 08 at Calgary Lexus now, not sure if 4everkidds black 12 is still there? How come you picked this one over his? Just curious I would lean to his with the headers, red seats and powdercoated brakes, of course that's without knowing prices,km, ect.
Old 07-29-15, 07:49 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Originally Posted by Jermstn
Can you PM me details on how/what you're using? Im new to the detail thing and swirl marks etc...I was going to pay someone to give the exterior the full nine yards but after doing a lot of research I feel like I can do a pretty good job.
If you have swirl marks and never worked with a circular polisher, I would let someone professional help you with that part, especially on a black car.
Old 07-29-15, 07:52 PM
Jermstn
Driver School Candidate

Here is a couple pictures of some of the previous work Ive done, on a part time basis.

I don't take many pictures of the stuff I do and I still have quite a few somewhere on the computer but anyways, there's a R32 GTR downpipe for a Borg Warner EFR and a turbo back exhaust on a Supra that made 680whp @ 26psi on MS109.

Old 07-29-15, 07:56 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Nice, I miss my turbo car sometimes.

An RX-7 with an LS3 Turbo would be a nice project.
Old 07-29-15, 08:16 PM
Jermstn
Driver School Candidate

Nice, I miss my turbo car sometimes.

An RX-7 with an LS3 Turbo would be a nice project.

I have a downpipe and wastegate recirc Im doing on an FD these next few days, I'll be pic intense for those interested in the plan circulating my head for the F's exhaust.

I can also upload a few pictures of a fully built Supra with a BW SX400 and built Titan motor, I did majority of the plumbing on that car. (Accufab clamps etc..)
Old 07-29-15, 08:47 PM
TranV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats and welcome back...the car is flawless...

Quick Reply: Picked up another F this weekend.