IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just picked up an ISF!

Old 07-22-15, 11:15 PM
Whteknight
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up an ISF!

hey all,

I'm pretty excited about this car! I've been wanting one for a while. I actually had a 2014 IS350 F sport....sold it and got this ISF. Loving it so far!

It's a 2008 with 25k miles on it! Purchased from a retired dentist.

I was just wondering if there's any issues I should be aware of in the 2008s because I know first year models always has issues lol.
Old 07-22-15, 11:21 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow! 25k miles on an '08 is pretty darn clean. The fuel pump is the first thing to be looked at, and there might be some coolant leaking. There are some recalls for the car itself, including wiper nut, cooling fan. trunk release, and brake pedal.

The first year will have some issues, but predominantly, it's still routine maintenance and some TLC, and the car will last seemingly forever. Enjoy her in good health and congrats!
Old 07-22-15, 11:31 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Welcome and congrats!

That's low mileage for an 08 for sure!

As mentioned, there are a few areas that may need attention. You'll find threads on here for most of them.

Good idea to choose a Lexus dealer near you, and get them to check their system for recalls? Just need your VIN number I believe?

There is also a website Lexus run where you can find out what recalls are due. I'll see if I can find the link for you.

As mentioned already, there aren't many issues with F's in general, just require routine and timely maintenance to keep them running tip top.

Congratulations again on your purchase.

Cheers.

Peter
Old 07-22-15, 11:40 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Think this is the one for you guys: http://touch.toyota.com/recall

I'm UK based, so we have our own version over this side of the pond!

Enjoy that F.
Old 07-23-15, 12:35 AM
stevepanda
Driver School Candidate

Congrats! You'll love it! Post more pics!
Old 07-23-15, 01:16 AM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Wow! 25k miles on an '08 is pretty darn clean. The fuel pump is the first thing to be looked at, and there might be some coolant leaking. There are some recalls for the car itself, including wiper nut, cooling fan. trunk release, and brake pedal.

The first year will have some issues, but predominantly, it's still routine maintenance and some TLC, and the car will last seemingly forever. Enjoy her in good health and congrats!
I've been here for almost 9 months now, never heard of the fuel pump issue....was this a recall? or the 08 fuel pump is just not as durable as the 11' up?
Old 07-23-15, 03:28 AM
spddemon
Pole Position

congrats! I bought mine 4 years ago from a dentist in PA with 9100 on it.lol. Mines been running great, the water pump was the only thing that's gone bad. Never had any issue with fuel pump, didn't know there was one.
Old 07-23-15, 03:48 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Guessing he meant the ELF fuel pressure recall?

Wasn't aware of a fuel pump issue myself (teach me to try responding too early in the morning! Lol).

Best to check the database or with Lexus to see what recalls are outstanding for the car.
Old 07-23-15, 06:24 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats, what are your opinions on going from the newer IS350 F-sport to an older IS-F?
Old 07-23-15, 07:10 AM
Whteknight
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bnizzle87

Ah, fuel pump?? I need to contact the previous owner and see if he replaced anything and fixed any recalls. Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Think this is the one for you guys: http://touch.toyota.com/recall

I'm UK based, so we have our own version over this side of the pond!

Enjoy that F.
Thank you sir! I am def enjoying it! lol

Originally Posted by spddemon
congrats! I bought mine 4 years ago from a dentist in PA with 9100 on it.lol. Mines been running great, the water pump was the only thing that's gone bad. Never had any issue with fuel pump, didn't know there was one.
Hahah, thats awesome. Ah water pump huh. Dang. I wanted an ultrasonic blue F but couldnt pass on how clean this F is and low mileage. Do you ever go to Cars and Coffee in Great Falls, VA?

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Congrats, what are your opinions on going from the newer IS350 F-sport to an older IS-F?
IS350 F sport - the interior was awesome. More tech. Cooler gauge (LFA style), less feel
ISF - more fun to drive for sure, interior is good for its time and has all the tech i need, feel the road more

But, both cars are awesome. I just wanted something faster and more rare. I see IS350s now everywhere.
Old 07-23-15, 07:19 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the buy! Look up the Figs LCA bushings or the RR Racing Ultimate Steering Response System. That's a good first mod that will also improve front tire wear.
Old 07-23-15, 07:21 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations!

You will love this car
Old 07-23-15, 08:11 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Congrats and welcome. Great car, low miles, take good car of her and watch out fo others. Meaning I park in the back of the lot every time.
Old 07-23-15, 09:13 AM
spddemon
Pole Position

I do go to that C&C every once in awhile, there are a couple other ones in the area that are also worth attending. I sent you a PM take a look and let me know if your interested.
Just picked up an ISF!-image.jpg

Originally Posted by Whteknight
Ah, fuel pump?? I need to contact the previous owner and see if he replaced anything and fixed any recalls. Thanks for the info!

Hahah, thats awesome. Ah water pump huh. Dang. I wanted an ultrasonic blue F but couldnt pass on how clean this F is and low mileage. Do you ever go to Cars and Coffee in Great Falls, VA?

IS350 F sport - the interior was awesome. More tech. Cooler gauge (LFA style), less feel
ISF - more fun to drive for sure, interior is good for its time and has all the tech i need, feel the road more

But, both cars are awesome. I just wanted something faster and more rare. I see IS350s now everywhere.
Old 07-23-15, 09:39 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Guessing he meant the ELF fuel pressure recall?

Wasn't aware of a fuel pump issue myself (teach me to try responding too early in the morning! Lol).

Best to check the database or with Lexus to see what recalls are outstanding for the car.
Originally Posted by Whteknight

My apologies. I actually mistyped, and it should've been water pump. There have been numerous incidents, especially with 2008 IS Fs that have needed them replaced. Late night postings while I'm falling asleep sure don't help, but I do apologize. Nothing to worry about. No fuel pump issues. These aren't German cars

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just picked up an ISF!