IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF recall" Which dealership to go to? (List)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-15, 04:45 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Name: Dave mungenast lexus
Location/city: St. Louis MO
Recommend:

Comments (optional): harness intact, all clips accounted for, replaced my radiator and got a loaner car. Couldn't have went smoother. Very pleased.
Old 07-25-15, 09:08 AM
Fsport416
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name: Lexus Escondido
Location/city: Socal, Escondido
Recommend:

Comments (optional): Will recommend!!! So finally bit the bullet and got this done. I mentioned the issue to the SA who was very understanding. They did break the harness but it was replaced quickly. Got the car back in a couple of days. No issues! Car feels much better than before!
Old 07-25-15, 10:11 AM
zebani
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Name: Lexus San Diego
Location/city: San Diego, CA
Recommend:

Comments (optional): I bought my car from them a few months back and was not aware of this issue at the time. I checked under the engine cover where the cover was broken and was taped back. This is the same dealer who put 250 miles on my car AND chipped the paint underneath the drivers side mirror while it was being serviced for alignment issues. Under no circumstances I do recommend Lexus San Diego.
Old 07-29-15, 06:13 PM
SuprFleaJQ
Driver

Short of being a cosmetic issue, is there any danger or concern if the plastic piece is cracked?
Old 08-02-15, 08:08 PM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Got my car back Saturday, had the work done at lexus of seattle. They fixed the fuel leak issue (mine wasn't leaking, yet..) and the fans had to be completely replaced. I had them change the trans fluid also, It took a week overall (due shipping of the fans) but overall I am glad with my experience. If your in wa hit up Mark at the service department he also has a 08 isf)
Old 08-03-15, 07:15 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Name: Germain Lexus of Dublin
Location/city: Dublin Ohio
Recommend: :thumb up:

Comments (optional): I brought the car to them missing some clips, returned back and all the clips were replaced, all fluids filled up. they informed me they broke the harness tray and replaced it no questions asked.
Old 08-03-15, 04:07 PM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Name: Woodfield Lexus
Location/city: Schaumburg, IL
Recommend:

Comments (optional): brought in for ELF and fan bolt recall. brought car in with no engine cover so that i could quickly inspect the harness cover after the work was complete.

cover was cracked but I have assurance that it will be corrected. until then i cannot recommend. I will update when resolved.

Update: called the service advisor (Mandeep) about the cracked cover and he had the part ordered asap. I returned a few days later to have the cover replaced. The cover was replaced at no charge to me but as they were driving the car up the CHECK VSC light came on so they had to bring it back to check the harness. it was corrected and i've been driving the car for 4 days now with no issues.

I would recommend working with Mandeep as it seems he is familiar with clublexus

Last edited by imp0rted1; 08-24-15 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-05-15, 04:46 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Update, and good news! Lexus of Stevens Creek is amazing! Before and after pictures give you the scope. I paid $0 out of pocket - Todd (Stevens Creek's Service Manager) called me after I told their customer service dept. what Lexus of Chandler did. Todd offered to cover the labor no questions asked, and after 2 reviews on Yelp / Google + Lexus of Chandler finally reached out to me and a dozen emails / their GM calling Todd they finally agreed to pay for the part. Net net I'm stoked, but it was a headache to deal with Chandler.

(Yes my engine bay is dirty yes I need to clean it lol)

BEFORE

AFTER
Old 08-05-15, 11:43 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
Update, pic below. Stay away from Lexus of Chandler (Phoenix, Arizona) unless you want this to happen to your car

Steven's Creek is covering the labor to fix and all I need to buy is the plastic protector, it's more than they had to do so I'm definitely happy!
Oh. My. God. You're the Yelp reviewer about the ISF right? I just picked up my 2012 ISF from Calfiornia and went to Concord and they told me I needed to do 2 recalls for the F and suggested I did it ASAP but I didn't have time to hang around so I was going to find a good dealership back home in AZ but after seeing this I think I'm going to go for Lexus of Superstition.

Last edited by F Monster; 08-05-15 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-06-15, 09:56 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Snow
Oh. My. God. You're the Yelp reviewer about the ISF right? I just picked up my 2012 ISF from Calfiornia and went to Concord and they told me I needed to do 2 recalls for the F and suggested I did it ASAP but I didn't have time to hang around so I was going to find a good dealership back home in AZ but after seeing this I think I'm going to go for Lexus of Superstition.
I'm guessing you missed my last post (above yours) and only saw the 1st page.

I'd still recommend staying away from Chandler. The fact that this happened in the first place is a huge red flag. Then, it was like pulling teeth to have them make it right. Stevens Creek offered to fix mine no questions asked, which is what a Lexus dealer should do.
Old 08-06-15, 03:19 PM
SuprFleaJQ
Driver

Hey all, any feedback to my question - "Short of being a cosmetic issue, is there any danger or concern if the plastic piece is cracked?"

I just want to really understand if it's worth the hassle to find a place that won't crack it (or if it's even possible to fix this without cracking the part), and if it's dangerous to drive the car around with it cracked.
Old 08-06-15, 03:25 PM
kukimonsta
Driver School Candidate

I'm heading to lexus of serramonte this saturday. SA knows all about the recall and broken plastics. He said they have fixed many that have come from other dealers. Cross fingers. Will report back with results.
Old 08-06-15, 07:08 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
I'm guessing you missed my last post (above yours) and only saw the 1st page.

I'd still recommend staying away from Chandler. The fact that this happened in the first place is a huge red flag. Then, it was like pulling teeth to have them make it right. Stevens Creek offered to fix mine no questions asked, which is what a Lexus dealer should do.
Yeah I didn't finish reading and saw your post and replied right away. But I will DEFINITELY stay away from Lexus of Chandler now. I would think Chandler would be the better choice compared to Superstition since Chandler is a lot less ghetto but I guess it just depends on the mechanics. ._.
Old 08-12-15, 03:17 PM
kukimonsta
Driver School Candidate

Name: Lexus of Serramonte
Location/City: Colma, California
Recommend:

Got car back from Lexus of Serramonte in Colma and the Service Consultant, Randy Auyeung, was awesome. He has a 2008 ISF so knows alot about our recalls and issues. He made sure to order an extra plastic wiring case just in case mechanic broke it. Car washed and full tank of gas. Great experience with a very knowledgable service consultant.
Old 09-05-15, 07:18 AM
todd4566
Pit Crew

Name: Lexus of Pleasanton
Location/City: Pleasanton, California
Recommend:

Finally had to give into the recall because my water pump started to leak and renewal wasn't too far behind. They replaced the pump and did the recall.. the plastic piece cracked. I pointed it out before departing and was told we will look into it. Thanks to a member by the name of Lobuxracer I was able to email them with the specific part # and they replaced the part no hassle. Awesome.

Quick Reply: "ELF recall" Which dealership to go to? (List)