IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

HPDE2 Pocno Raceway - 2015-07-11

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-15, 08:14 AM
bbong
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Default HPDE2 Pocno Raceway - 2015-07-11

Not sure if it isn't too much for now, but that's probably going to be it until September. This one was organized with Mpact (BMW Club) and NASA-NE. Was a huge event, especially for BMW owners, lots of fancy cars, vendors and different events (drift taxi, burnout competition, roll racing etc.).

I was there only for track day, we were running Pocono Southeast track configuration, that's in the first video and that was the configuration for first 4 sessions, for the fifth one they closed off one section. I know these configurations pretty well as this is my home track, so there will be lots of passing and tire squealing. Enjoy.

Old 07-13-15, 09:09 AM
suprasupra
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for sharing , looks like you had a good time !
Old 07-13-15, 01:45 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Passing and squealing! Nice work.
Old 07-13-15, 06:42 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

killing it !! Thanks for sharing the video . Man you were flying. Were you on oem tires ?
Old 07-13-15, 07:30 PM
ISFRC51
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great vids! Can't wait to track mine...
Old 07-14-15, 04:37 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Nice video! You need to move up to HPDE 3 or 4 next time, these guys are clearly holding you up.

BTW, we will be at NJMP in Millville NJ on July 21st with the Empire State Ferrari Club testing our new suspension setup....

http://empirestateregion.com/events/...a-track-event/

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 07-14-15, 07:47 AM
bbong
Intermediate

Originally Posted by suprasupra
Thanks for sharing , looks like you had a good time !
Yes it was a blast, the more seat time I get in the ISF, the more I get acquainted with it and most importantly, relaxed

Originally Posted by Meanstreak
Passing and squealing! Nice work.
Haha... yes... Haven't given one point-by that day :/

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
killing it !! Thanks for sharing the video . Man you were flying. Were you on oem tires ?
I love the ISF, I think it needs stiffer sways, suspension I think on keeping for now. I was on my Nitto NT05's square 265. They now have 4 track days behind them and still got about 50% tread left. This is my first set of Nitto's, before it was RE's or Hankooks Venuts RS-3's and V2's. The RE's are kind of pricey, Venuts were good, but I'm liking the Nitto's better due to harder sidewalls, so less wobble on the tires.

Originally Posted by ISFRC51
Great vids! Can't wait to track mine...
Right on! Drive it like you stole it, only then it wakes up

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Nice video! You need to move up to HPDE 3 or 4 next time, these guys are clearly holding you up.

BTW, we will be at NJMP in Millville NJ on July 21st with the Empire State Ferrari Club testing our new suspension setup....

http://empirestateregion.com/events/...a-track-event/

-Rafi
Thanks, I hope to move up or maybe get a run out with Group 3 next time I'm out, to see if I fit with the faster crowd. I'd like to get out to NJMSP again, mid week is sort of not an option for me especially this month, got too much work and I checked their prices... $600 for one day, kind of rich for my blood. You guys ever run with NASA? They have Test & Tune events and I believe they'll be out there 26th to 28th of July.
Old 07-14-15, 09:00 AM
bbong
Intermediate

I take that back RRRacing, It is for 2 days so it isn't bad. I'm kind of used to paying $295 for each day.
Old 07-14-15, 09:55 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

You look way more relaxed than your previous videos, and the car is really pointing where you want it. I would recommend starting with more spring before playing with sway bars. I am very convinced the front springs are (while not bad) not stiff enough from the factory and give too much inside rear wheel lift.
Old 07-14-15, 10:41 AM
bbong
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You look way more relaxed than your previous videos, and the car is really pointing where you want it. I would recommend starting with more spring before playing with sway bars. I am very convinced the front springs are (while not bad) not stiff enough from the factory and give too much inside rear wheel lift.
Thanks lobuxracer, really means a lot coming from you. You really think I should do springs first? I just had to order new set of OEM Rotors as some genius put smaller brake-pads on and it totally destroyed the front and rear rotors, I'm surprised they lasted 4 track days, but I had like 1/16th of an inch less brake pads to rotor surface.

Any recommendations on which springs to get?
Old 07-14-15, 10:57 AM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run with NASA GTS2 I know a few folks up there as well. Here is my e36 M3 S54 swapped race car (black). And another e36 M3 race car with an S50B32 Euro Motor I negotiated to buy and am awaiting final Pre-Purchase Inspection. Good job on the driving. I'll be at VIR this weekend.

Video of shake down first run at VIR. Speed isn't calibrated on the AIM yet. Fastest at VIR in race trim so far is 2:13.2 got to get down to consistent sub 2:10's. At summit my fastest is 1:25.6 got to get down to consistent 1:24's. This is running a detuned S54 with CSL intake at 208whp/220wtq @ 3025lbs with me in it.

My buddy who I share the car with at summit point racing

My buddy again who I share the car with at VIR

I go to comp school in March with my new car so it will be a whole new ball game.

Last edited by Bigcloud; 07-14-15 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Added Video
Old 07-14-15, 11:01 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

I just ordered some software today to help me solve that problem. Most track guys are running 16kg springs. I have a suspicion if we could get the right dampers 18kg springs would be a lot better, but it also might make street duty a little less than comfortable.

I have always been of the opinion it is most important to get the right spring, then fine tune with sways because the sways reduce the independence of your independent suspension. Starting with sways assumes you have the right springs, but that has not been my experience with my car.

After I get the software, I'll model the suspension, then I'll know a whole lot more about what makes sense for the F chassis - spring rates, ride height, sways, etc..
Old 07-14-15, 01:07 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by bbong
Yes it was a blast, the more seat time I get in the ISF, the more I get acquainted with it and most importantly, relaxed

Haha... yes... Haven't given one point-by that day :/

I love the ISF, I think it needs stiffer sways, suspension I think on keeping for now. I was on my Nitto NT05's square 265. They now have 4 track days behind them and still got about 50% tread left. This is my first set of Nitto's, before it was RE's or Hankooks Venuts RS-3's and V2's. The RE's are kind of pricey, Venuts were good, but I'm liking the Nitto's better due to harder sidewalls, so less wobble on the tires.

Right on! Drive it like you stole it, only then it wakes up

Thanks, I hope to move up or maybe get a run out with Group 3 next time I'm out, to see if I fit with the faster crowd. I'd like to get out to NJMSP again, mid week is sort of not an option for me especially this month, got too much work and I checked their prices... $600 for one day, kind of rich for my blood. You guys ever run with NASA? They have Test & Tune events and I believe they'll be out there 26th to 28th of July.

We have run with NASA twice this year, but busy that weekend.

We will soon be introducing a new ISF coil over based on Penske double adjustable 7500 series shocks.

Currently running 16kg front, 14kg rear with modified front sway bar and 275 square setup, but I agree you could go to 18g springs. The biggest factor for ride comfort is actually how much bump stop interaction you build into the setup and of course your ability to reduce high speed damping with a more regressive shock curve.

RR Racing/ Penske Coilovers (front)

RR Racing/Penske double adjustable Coilovers front and rear, with Hypercoil springs 16/14.

Last edited by RRRacing; 07-14-15 at 01:23 PM.