+1

wondering if the sp will be similar to:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...-1-of-1-a.html
Old 07-29-15, 01:33 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KJH
That's my exhaust and the re-release price is the same as the initial release price I paid. It's not chump change but, before you complain about the price, find another 100% titanium, true dual exhaust for anywhere close to this price. Even exhausts that are partially titanium cost significantly more than the GReddy. Best of luck to those who pop for this. You will not be disappointed.

Ken.
How loud is it? All of the titanium exhausts I've had experience with were pretty quiet compared to stainless counterparts. I want something loud, and was leaning towards the ISS QES to get that level of sound.
Old 07-29-15, 01:58 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
How loud is it? All of the titanium exhausts I've had experience with were pretty quiet compared to stainless counterparts. I want something loud, and was leaning towards the ISS QES to get that level of sound.
Get Meistershaft if you want loud. Loudest exhaust to date. Side by side, both ISS versions are not even close in term of loudness. Especially at the upper RPM
Old 07-29-15, 02:19 PM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KJH
That's my exhaust and the re-release price is the same as the initial release price I paid. It's not chump change but, before you complain about the price, find another 100% titanium, true dual exhaust for anywhere close to this price. Even exhausts that are partially titanium cost significantly more than the GReddy. Best of luck to those who pop for this. You will not be disappointed.

Ken.
How much lighter is the TI exhaust compared to the oem and is it CARB legal?
Old 07-30-15, 12:45 AM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Ken,

You any videos of your exhaust set-up?
MileHi,

Unfortunately, I have no vids of the car. I am going to try to rectify that when the car goes in for the OS Giken Super Lock LSD install. I've never had it on the dyno, so maybe I can kill two birds with one stone.

Originally Posted by imp0rted1
+1

wondering if the sp will be similar to:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...-1-of-1-a.html
See above.

I kinda doubt the GReddy SP will sound the same as the GReddy Ti. For other cars, the SP version of various exhausts tend to be some of the quieter exhausts manufactured by GReddy. It certainly was that way for the MKIV Supra. I would talk to the GReddy folks about this to be sure.

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
It's loud, at least to my ears, and I am used to loud cars. To me, it's right at the edge, which is perfect for me. It's loud, especially as you go up through the gears (in auto mode; very manageable in sport mode), but is OEM silent at steady-state freeway speeds. Because the car is at-the-edge loud for me, I never installed my BNIB PPE headers because I was afraid it would be too loud and turn the pleasure into pain.

I already have three loud MKIV Supras, with the 1100 whp MKIV being wake up the dead loud, so I didn't need to have the same decibel level with my gentleman's express. The quality of the GReddy Ti sound is top notch, kind of a cultured but breaking at the seams sound that complements the mission of the car quite well, IMO.

Originally Posted by NSXGuy
How much lighter is the TI exhaust compared to the oem and is it CARB legal?
The OEM exhaust weighs 71-lbs, whereas the GReddy weighs 35-lbs. It is not CARB-legal, but I believe it can pass smog as long as no one notices the secondary cats are absent. I kept my OEM exhaust just in case since the car will be smogged for the first time in 2016.

Ken.
Old 08-02-15, 10:08 AM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I ended up pulling the trigger on it. I imagine the burnt tips will look amazing on my usb. Anyone want a Joe-z exhaust?
Old 08-02-15, 01:08 PM
zebani
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STLblueF
I ended up pulling the trigger on it. I imagine the burnt tips will look amazing on my usb. Anyone want a Joe-z exhaust?
Congrats on the purchase. Did you buy the one on Ebay or a brand new?
Old 08-02-15, 02:29 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

I bought the one on ebay but for a "make an offer" price. I'll post some pics once I have a chance to put it on, but it might be a while as the next two months I'm going to be working a ton.
Old 08-02-15, 05:54 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Nice, hopefully for a fair price too. Even a new exhaust is used the first mile its on a car. Buying used on stuff like that doesn't bother me one bit granted it's not bent or anything.

Make sure and post pics. Gonna sound beast too. By far one of the best tones and best aesthetically pleasing exhaust. Let alone the weight savings
Old 08-03-15, 07:13 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KJH

I kinda doubt the GReddy SP will sound the same as the GReddy Ti. For other cars, the SP version of various exhausts tend to be some of the quieter exhausts manufactured by GReddy. It certainly was that way for the MKIV Supra. I would talk to the GReddy folks about this to be sure.
Agreed, The Greddy SP I have is a one off, and I can say its LOUD but its amazing. any time I drive the car im constantly getting told how awesome the car is.

If Greddy comes out with a production SP, it will be quiet probably even be around the sound level of the Joe Z setup.
Old 08-04-15, 06:37 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

As it turns out, the seller could not find the tips to the exhaust so I ended up canceling and getting a refund. At least they were up front about it and didn't wait to see if I'd notice once it arrived. I can understand losing track of something in a box after you've moved and never used them so no big deal, but kind of bummed that I won't be getting it now. Now that Greddy is making them again I wonder what they would charge for just a set of tips?
Old 08-04-15, 09:36 PM
FFM
Racer

Yikes, don't you think you would make sure you had all the components prior to listing lol? I swear some sellers are legitimately stupid.
Old 04-08-16, 06:49 AM
FFM
Racer

Has anyone heard an update regarding the SP exhaust?

I emailed them just to see.

Edit, looks like the SP will be released mid next year.

Last edited by FFM; 04-08-16 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-16-16, 11:11 AM
FFM
Racer

Bump, anyone a Greddy dealer here that can contact them regarding both their SP exhaust and whether they will be rereleasing their supercharger?

Didn't get a response last time I contacted them. Just curious.

Quick Reply: Anyone want a Greddy exhaust for $5k??