IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What exhaust set up would u choose ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-15, 10:23 AM
Toomah1985
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What exhaust set up would u choose ?

Hey guys ,
Was searching the forum , but couldnt really find the right answers, so i need your advice, im looking for power , so there is gonna be headers, its an easy one either sikky or ppe and few people already told me the same thing and thats to go with ppe , because of better quality and better welds, witch i assume adds more power too, but the big question is what exhaust to choose, i know it has to be true dual so i have been thinking:
1)borla - used it before and i was happy with it , decent price and its been proved to work good
2) joez - same thing proved to work good little more $$$ and i guess its little louder than borla
3) i got an offer by one performance store , that builds exhausts and tunes BMW , corvettes, lambos and all the high performance and exotic cars, that they would build me and exhaust, it would be 2.5" true dual with x-pipe , two high flow mufflers in the back , the guy said we could do hks and maybe two 12' resonators if i wanted because i told him i dont want it to be crazy loud

What option do u guys think is the best and whitch ine do u think will give me the most power with headers , ported manifold and throttle body , intake tube and afe filter ....

Thank you very much and ill take your opinion on porting manifold and aem FIC
The guy at the performance shop has good experience with aem , they dyno tune ferraris and lambos , and they have been around for a while , my friend let them work on his avantador and sls amg black series , so i would think they know their stuff well, plus he never lets anyone touch his cars and they have really good reputation down here in Naples

Last edited by Toomah1985; 07-09-15 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-09-15, 10:34 AM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I think if we all had the means and paitience it'd be icode titanium or the hks
Old 07-09-15, 10:43 AM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would go with JoeZ/PPE or. ISS Forged/ PPE
Old 07-09-15, 10:54 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

PPE Headers all the way for sure unless you can opt for Novel headers.

As for exhaust, I would say MY favorites I've heard in person with headers are the Meisterschaft, Joe-z, and ISS forged. Favorited in that order.

Don't go custom, RIP-OFF!!

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-09-15, 12:07 PM
Toomah1985
Driver School Candidate

My favourite set up is Novel/ HKS the sound is amazing, but the power is not the same as you get from true dual from what i read and understood... Actually the Custom exhaust is not that bad pricewised , im gonna help the guy with some promotion stuff so the price is actually cheaper than borla for me .... Do Novel headers get more whp than PPE?
Old 07-09-15, 12:23 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Well, as most of you know, I'm running PPE Headers and PPE Dual Mode exhaust. Very pleased with my setup.

Now, IMHO, the Borla slipfit clamping system is cheap and prone to leaking. Again, that's just my opinion, and I know many owners on this forum will disagree with me. If I were to install the Borla system I would weld all the pipes solid once installed.

Lou
Old 07-09-15, 12:45 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by joshhleee
PPE Headers all the way for sure unless you can opt for Novel headers.

As for exhaust, I would say MY favorites I've heard in person with headers are the Meisterschaft, Joe-z, and ISS forged. Favorited in that order.

Don't go custom, RIP-OFF!!
Why is custom a rip off?
Old 07-09-15, 01:40 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I wanted the same, power but without too much noise/drone. I went with the borla exhaust and Sikky headers and couldn't be happier. I've had the borla for about three years without any leaks or problems. This combo is about as loud as Joe z exhaust without headers. Perhaps even a bit quieter.
Old 07-09-15, 02:18 PM
Toomah1985
Driver School Candidate

Thats the thing i wanna get the power .... I love the sound of meistershaft, but again not true dual .... I would like to know if anybody is running custom set up with x-pipe and if it gives it a little more over the classic true dual like borla ...
Old 07-09-15, 06:25 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^Before My PPE Dual Mode exhaust install, I was:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...n-exhaust.html

Lou
Old 07-09-15, 07:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I think the PPE with the Borla added the most hp according to dynos we have seen and its quieter than the PPE JZ combo from what members with both set ups have said.

Cayman might chime in here
Old 07-09-15, 07:52 PM
Junkie414
Driver School Candidate

The best exhaust I've heard is PPE/JoeZ. We are considering Sikky/JoeZ on the 2012 ISF.
Old 07-09-15, 10:24 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Hearing which exhaust/header combo is subjective, but I have heard nothing but praise for the PPE/Joe Z combo. When combined, there is a slight drone, but very tolerable when idling, and most importantly, once you punch it and open up the secondary intake....wow! The Meisterschaft exhaust is insanely loud, and while it can be a nuisance to the ears of some, I personally think it's great. A bit too loud, considering I reside in an area with a lot of elderly folk, so startup might not be so kind to them at times haha.

Welding on the PPE is better than Sikky, and both yield similar power gains. It just really depends on where you're located and if there are any package deals involving installation. Novel headers do look nice, but I did read that the gains aren't as high, and for the price, it won't be cost-efficient by any means.

Some run custom setups as well for the exhaust portion. It just depends on what you want, as that's all that really matters. Best of luck!
Old 07-09-15, 10:41 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Why is custom a rip off?

Maybe he works at a shop and can't sell you anything if you go custom.... I have an ISS Forged exhaust but I live 1 block from Unobtanium welding and I wish I had went with custom from them any resonator configuration you want and what ever mufflers you want and he specializes in welding titanium. If you have a quality shop and competitive pricing it's a win.

https://www.facebook.com/UnobtainiumWelding

Oh and OP your performance shop has clearly never worked on a Lexus because the piggy back won't work on an ISF it is very well documented the OEM computer learns around the piggy back so it initially works great and in a few hundred miles it is right back to the stock tune.

Last edited by Sylvan; 07-09-15 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-10-15, 06:09 AM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I think the PPE with the Borla added the most hp according to dynos we have seen and its quieter than the PPE JZ combo from what members with both set ups have said.

Cayman might chime in here
I believe Cayman has borla exhaust and sikky headers not ppe.

Quick Reply: What exhaust set up would u choose ?