IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Leaving The F But Not For GT-R

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-15, 12:49 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
Congrats! I got to test drive one of those with an automatic transmission and the engine was a total monster.

Enjoy!
Thanks man. I drove the automatic sedan at dealer near me and it was nice but didn't shift as fast as my F. I drove the manual coupe they had and just instantly fell in love. Took me forever to find a manual sedan in the color I wanted but glad I held out. The new beast should arrive by Friday.
Old 07-15-15, 09:43 AM
LukeRich
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh how I miss the 3rd peddle.
Congrats man, you're gonna love that Torque curve.
Old 07-15-15, 11:18 PM
teamcalvin
Pole Position

My uncle has one, it's a beast.. congrats again brotha
Old 07-16-15, 05:00 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrd916
Yea this is my first venture with an American performance car so that is why I held out for a CPO car to come up. I figure I have 3 yrs and 40k miles of bumper to bumper warranty so I will see how the car does. If it's back at the dealer for repairs more than it should be then it gets sold and I go back to Japanese muscle. What is funny though is just like the F when I tell non car people I'm getting a Cadillac they laugh and say I'm officially an old guy in Florida. The F and the V are 2 cars that non car people always scoff at when u say u have a high performance Lexus or Cadillac.
Actually I think Cadillac has done a FAR better job and producing and promoting the V cars. More options, more power, more hype, and a Nurburgring record. Add to that a 640 HP version in the mail and Lexus is in the dust
Old 07-16-15, 08:12 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

The dealer took this pic just before loading it up on the truck to ship. The new beast will be here tomorrow morning.
Attached Thumbnails Leaving The F But Not For GT-R-image.jpg  
Old 07-16-15, 08:21 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

that looks good. my friend just turned his ctsv wagon into a 10.9 second car with 650whp.
Old 07-16-15, 10:47 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Beast! I test drove the coupe and it pulled significantly harder than my F with I/E. It wasn't that fun to drive tho and definitely a dip in build quality, but that's not why you get this car. Congrats and enjoy!
Old 07-17-15, 06:41 AM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Just took delivery and unfortunately it's pouring rain here so haven't got a chance to really drive it. Shocked that for a 4 yr old black car how mint the paint is. I was expecting some chips or swirls but it's immaculate. Will have updates in a comparison vs the F. Initial comps of the interior I will say the Bose stereo is much better than the Mark Levinson. Gauges in the F are better, Caddy gauges are just kind of bland. Seats don't show any of the wear that the F seats do, they are a thicker leather to me. The back seat is a bench type seat that seats 3 and doesn't look as cool as the back seat of the F but it's gonna be much easier with my daughter's child seat back there.
Old 07-17-15, 06:59 AM
VicTornin
Driver

Congrats, and enjoy it.
Old 07-18-15, 07:39 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Man I almost stopped by the caddy dealership for a test drive this afternoon. My wife said she would wait in the car with the kids but I decided to pass. Very curious to see what they drive like. I am track addicted so if I switch it needs to be something that can do it all unless I pay off the F and buy something luxurious ( LS or Panamerra ). I do not see CTSVs at the track days ever. I guess they are too heavy.
Old 07-18-15, 09:11 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Weather dried out a little tonite so I took it out for a little late nite drive. Man this 6 speed manual is just what I needed. Car is just a torque monster and hitting second gear it just pulls so damn hard. Stock size rear tires are 285s but I here guys are running 305s on the stock wheels, car really grips nicely with the 285s so I will prob just keep that size. It def feels bigger than the F but the power makes up for it. I do miss the sound of the PPE/Joe Z sound of my F, the V is pretty quiet stock. Has a nice supercharger sound when accelerating but needs an exhaust for sure. Not sure which one I'm gonna go with, there are several options. I say def test drive one if u have the chance but if it's an automatic u prob won't like it. I was not impressed with the auto in this car, just like the Z06 this car was meant to be a manual.
Old 07-18-15, 11:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Mrd916 congrats again man. I might just take a test drive tomorrow. Just curious. Then again that what I said about my ISF when I decided to take the LS460 down for a Saturday drive down to the dealership to just test drive . LOL
Old 07-19-15, 12:57 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Man I almost stopped by the caddy dealership for a test drive this afternoon. My wife said she would wait in the car with the kids but I decided to pass. Very curious to see what they drive like. I am track addicted so if I switch it needs to be something that can do it all unless I pay off the F and buy something luxurious ( LS or Panamerra ). I do not see CTSVs at the track days ever. I guess they are too heavy.
when i went to the track few months ago, theres this v wagon came out of no where kinda did a flyby, wanna be nascar ****, doing at least 140 and got a black flag for doing that stunt...
Old 07-19-15, 03:47 PM
stevepanda
Driver School Candidate

Looks great, congrats!
Old 07-21-15, 05:53 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Finally got a couple days of no rain so had it detailed. Like all black cars looks so perfect when it's clean but will prob be filthy in a few days.
Attached Thumbnails Leaving The F But Not For GT-R-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Leaving The F But Not For GT-R