IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

FIGS LCA VS RR Racing USRS Bushing

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-15, 08:01 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default FIGS LCA VS RR Racing USRS Bushing

Let me first start off by saying, I am posting my real world experiences on the product.

So for those interested, I had the FIGS busing and now the RR Racing USRS. As far as differences in feel, I cant tell really any major difference between the two products. Both products were designed to do the exact same thing and they both do them very well. I believe the RR Racing will be a bit better at high speed braking and stickier tires because its a much more linear bushing as opposed to the progressive style of the FIGS. I feel like with the RR busing there is a bit more road feel in the wheel but that very well could be in my head.

I think as far as the consumers, it will come down to the packaging of the product and how the consumer feels. Over the stock bushings, the FIGS and the RR Racing are immensely better there is no denying that at all. I personally chose the RR Racing USRS system mainly because I liked the thrust washer system. if you are looking into this busing you will by now have seen the awesome video that Mike did to show the bushing in action and the only real thing I didn't like is that even with the FIGS bushing in place you still have some in and out movement of the bushing which I feel the USRS system will address. I would be curious to see what it does with a camera on the bushing like what FIGS did however that will have to be seen. Im no saying the FIGS does anything wrong, I just like the USRS design a bit better as we are simply splitting hairs at this point.

the TL : DR Story,
Normal daily driving / semi spirited I am unable to feel any major difference. I feel the RR gives a bit more road feel to the wheel but that very well could be all in my head. I would like to revisit this once I have some more track time on the USRS.

Either product choice is awesome choice and you will not be disappointed with what ever decision you chose.

I believe the products will speak for them self, both options if there ever needs any customer support both Mike from FIGS and Rafi are amazing resources and great to work with.

Attached is some pictures of the products, Figs is a bit dirty so excuse that.
Please note, in one of the pictures the USRS busing is not fully seated.
Name:  B7E5FF80-516E-4BD4-9F5F-6811F1DC6BF8_zpsdpjyynz9.jpg
Views: 2764
Size:  213.6 KB
Name:  7247CFA8-6522-41C6-9E70-FC3B4C6B26C4_zpsgyzdm8p3.jpg
Views: 2775
Size:  194.3 KB

Name:  929E7FFA-EA74-43DF-AC89-4DF871ECB5AB_zpspxk7iivg.jpg
Views: 2524
Size:  387.4 KB
Name:  D70535C3-661D-4B28-AA53-94410D765407_zpsjcipzzdx.jpg
Views: 2218
Size:  306.4 KB

Please note, I am not trying to start a major fight between the vendors, Just giving my honest real world experience. Again like I stated, Both are awesome, both vendors are amazing you cannot go wrong.

Last edited by Biggu; 07-06-15 at 08:16 AM.
Old 07-06-15, 08:11 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Reserved for future impressions.

Last edited by Biggu; 07-06-15 at 08:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
nikolaione (02-12-21)
Old 07-06-15, 10:34 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Great review!

Thanks, for the honest unbiased opinion!

-Josh (jlee@modinjapan.com)
Old 07-06-15, 11:45 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Hey buddy when you say "road feel" do you mean vibration in the steering wheel or just firmer feeling. Can you elaborate ??
Old 07-06-15, 12:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Biggu
Let me first start off by saying, I am posting my real world experiences on the product.

So for those interested, I had the FIGS busing and now the RR Racing USRS. As far as differences in feel, I cant tell really any major difference between the two products. Both products were designed to do the exact same thing and they both do them very well. I believe the RR Racing will be a bit better at high speed braking and stickier tires because its a much more linear bushing as opposed to the progressive style of the FIGS. I feel like with the RR busing there is a bit more road feel in the wheel but that very well could be in my head.

I think as far as the consumers, it will come down to the packaging of the product and how the consumer feels. Over the stock bushings, the FIGS and the RR Racing are immensely better there is no denying that at all. I personally chose the RR Racing USRS system mainly because I liked the thrust washer system. if you are looking into this busing you will by now have seen the awesome video that Mike did to show the bushing in action and the only real thing I didn't like is that even with the FIGS bushing in place you still have some in and out movement of the bushing which I feel the USRS system will address. I would be curious to see what it does with a camera on the bushing like what FIGS did however that will have to be seen. Im no saying the FIGS does anything wrong, I just like the USRS design a bit better as we are simply splitting hairs at this point.

the TL : DR Story,
Normal daily driving / semi spirited I am unable to feel any major difference. I feel the RR gives a bit more road feel to the wheel but that very well could be all in my head. I would like to revisit this once I have some more track time on the USRS.

Either product choice is awesome choice and you will not be disappointed with what ever decision you chose.

I believe the products will speak for them self, both options if there ever needs any customer support both Mike from FIGS and Rafi are amazing resources and great to work with.

Attached is some pictures of the products, Figs is a bit dirty so excuse that.
Please note, in one of the pictures the USRS busing is not fully seated.

Please note, I am not trying to start a major fight between the vendors, Just giving my honest real world experience. Again like I stated, Both are awesome, both vendors are amazing you cannot go wrong.
This is exactly why i went with the RR bushing. I like Figs because there is a pretty good sample size of units out on the road. The RR is totally new but Rafi has a great design
Old 07-06-15, 12:33 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Sounds to me like both products are great and perform the same task with minimal differences. If my perception is indeed correct, then for me, it would ultimately come down to price. However, I just noticed that both products are nearly the same price. I'm not sure where the break even point is on these products but I would think that one of the vendors would adjust their pricing strategy and make it an easy decision for many folks.
Old 07-06-15, 12:42 PM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Well for me that decision is usually made by reputation, figs been around the block awhile and has very much proven there products from mild street cars to all out monsters. RR being newer will have a bit of a struggle trying to compete with similar products but time will tell with more people experiencing and experimenting with there products. I've already got my setup from figs but as time goes on and if things might need to be changed I would consider trying others products out but usually I would go back to the same place.
Old 07-06-15, 02:45 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Hey buddy when you say "road feel" do you mean vibration in the steering wheel or just firmer feeling. Can you elaborate ??
kinda hard to explain but I guess "more vibration in the wheel" its not much I I feel like through the wheel im more in tune with the road (where is that peace sign when i need it )
Old 07-06-15, 08:15 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Biggu
kinda hard to explain but I guess "more vibration in the wheel" its not much I I feel like through the wheel im more in tune with the road (where is that peace sign when i need it )
To clarify, just wanted to make sure you are not getting vibration or a buzzing the wheel. I am super sensitive to that ish. As much as I would like the F to have more handling feel I still want the car to remain refined and daily drivable . Its a balance ......all about that balance .
Old 07-14-15, 06:20 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
To clarify, just wanted to make sure you are not getting vibration or a buzzing the wheel. I am super sensitive to that ish. As much as I would like the F to have more handling feel I still want the car to remain refined and daily drivable . Its a balance ......all about that balance .
Let me answer your question. I got the RRRacing USRS bushings installed today. First thing I noticed was how responsive and direct, the steering is. No lag, no harshness, no vibration in the steering wheel, just instant response. Turn the wheel, and the car reacts instantly, smoothly. You do feel rough patches, bumps, and pot holes much more than with the stock bushings, but it's the chassis that transmits the firmer feeling, not the steering wheel.
Old 07-14-15, 06:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ISF_GG
Let me answer your question. I got the RRRacing USRS bushings installed today. First thing I noticed was how responsive and direct, the steering is. No lag, no harshness, no vibration in the steering wheel, just instant response. Turn the wheel, and the car reacts instantly, smoothly. You do feel rough patches, bumps, and pot holes much more than with the stock bushings, but it's the chassis that transmits the firmer feeling, not the steering wheel.
THANK YOU ! I appreciate that explanation. Super excited to see what they feel like. Generally the roads are drive are very smooth. I am getting them installed sooner than later. Just looked today and my oil change is maybe 500 miles out. Getting new bushings and AO separator , oil, and alignment. I am going to hold off on the ELF recall as long as humanly possible . Curious about any leaks in the valley found during the campaign but I dont want to create drama by looking for a possible issue that isnt bothering me
Old 07-14-15, 08:00 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

You're gonna really like these RRRacing USRS bushings! They named these bushings very appropriately, as it's the massive improvement in steering that make these bushings such a great upgrade for our ISF's.
Old 07-14-15, 11:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

when I was driving home I can feel that numbness in the wheel. Its like the intial 1" of movement is not as direct as I would like. Not sure if the damn heat ( 110 today) is making the bushing a little softer or if its in my head because I want to install the new ones but I am taking mental note so I can get a feeling of what it feel like now and after
Old 07-15-15, 12:16 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

My ISF exhibited the same numbness you described. To me it felt like there was a slight delay, between steering wheel turn initiation, and actual tire response. Well, that changed dramatically when I installed my RRRacing bushings.
I guess the comparison could be described as something like this:
Before the upgrade, the stock bushings made the car competent wrt steering response. You turn the wheel, and the Lexus engineering gave you a nice, pleasant experience, numb, with no urgency. Very nice, except this is a 416HP V8 car that could, and should be more than barely competent in the feel of the steering.
After installing the USRS bushings, the ISF steering response came alive. The car now begs to attack corners, and when you do, you realize what Lexus left on the table, for the sake of comfort.
When I took my car out to Ortega Highway today (a very twisty mountainous road which can be quite hairy to drive sometimes, with high performance bikes, and high end sports cars ripping past you at ridiculous speeds), my ISF just simply carved thru back, to back, to back very flowy tight turns. I was actually laughing out loud at one point, because of the vast improvement in the steering responsiveness, and the confidence it gives. Before the bushing upgrade, my car kinda struggled to keep up with my steering inputs. It doesn't struggle now. This is just one of many steps, in transforming a very good car, into a great one.

Last edited by ISF_GG; 07-16-15 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-15-15, 08:32 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

We have done all track testing with R-comp tires, not much heavier stress than that with extremely well designed braking. Thanks for the review Patrick.

FWIW, ours are on sale to be sub $300 after core and we have them in stock and ready to ship and I think the condition of the bushings as you post them is a testament to their longevity.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions

Quick Reply: FIGS LCA VS RR Racing USRS Bushing