IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

isf price vs trade in

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-15, 08:36 AM
Trevislex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default isf price vs trade in

Hello fellow CL members been a lurker for years and wanted some advice pertaining to a decision I have to make

I currently have a 2013 is250 awd with all options except Ml and was interested in buying a use Non CPO Isf from a Toyota dealer..Im not sure it's a fair deal hence why I'm asking..details as follows

My trade in value is 30,000 not including taxes (life time tints by dealer as well as ecp till 140,000) car has 50,000 currently bought new

The 2014 isf series 2 pk has 15,000 no ecp few scratches here and there but overal mint...I was told no accidents and that it was driven by the vp of the dealer or something the price and not budging is 62000!!!

I understand the trade in would cut he price in half but is that good for the trade in and the value of the isf I saw another isf with 8,000 cpo but it's black exterior red and black interior which i disliked ...but priced at 55,000 which I believe is a great deal let me know what you guys think...

Last edited by Trevislex; 07-04-15 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-04-15, 09:56 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

moved thread. best of luck.
Old 07-04-15, 04:30 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

The first deal is a definite No go. I almost pulled the trigger on a 2014 model with only 2,900 miles for around 57k. Completely mint. The second deal sounds a lot more feasible. Too bad you don't like the color combo. Be patient though, this is definitely a type of car you want to make the right purchase the first time. I had to change mine twice because I loved the car but not the color. Remember anything from 2011 and up will be the newly revised version. Good Luck!
Old 07-04-15, 04:54 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

I would not pay $62K for a '14 when you could have a '13 with less miles for less money. For $50K you could get a mint used '12+ with low mileage.
Old 07-04-15, 05:45 PM
Trevislex
Driver School Candidate

Yea I thought the price of 62 was high the guy is saying how it's Gona sell quickly Etc but I just didn't want to pay that much and I totally agree .....I don't like the color combo and would hate myself if I got it...the only reason I was contemplating was the colour combo was white on black on the isf...thanks guys for the advice feel better not getting it now
Old 07-04-15, 06:31 PM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevislex
Yea I thought the price of 62 was high the guy is saying how it's Gona sell quickly Etc but I just didn't want to pay that much and I totally agree .....I don't like the color combo and would hate myself if I got it...the only reason I was contemplating was the colour combo was white on black on the isf...thanks guys for the advice feel better not getting it now
I doubt that it will sell quickly at $62.
Sounds like the dealer is trying to just about full MSRP.
When I got my '10 in '12 with 250mi - new at a Lexus Dealer - they knocked $10K off the car. They wanted it off the lot! it had been there for 2 years.

The IS-F can be a strange car for dealers. It has a specialty audience and there aren't many of us out there.
Old 07-04-15, 06:51 PM
Trevislex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EJC
I doubt that it will sell quickly at $62.
Sounds like the dealer is trying to just about full MSRP.
When I got my '10 in '12 with 250mi - new at a Lexus Dealer - they knocked $10K off the car. They wanted it off the lot! it had been there for 2 years.

The IS-F can be a strange car for dealers. It has a specialty audience and there aren't many of us out there.

Well that's the thing the original price he was asking for was 66k and I told him the rcf is give or take 10k more ...why would I buy it for that price and lose out on all the new tec...hence he dropped to 62k but just want to clear things up its km listed not miles I'm from Canada lol if you guys would check Canada national search on autotrader you would see it..I can't upload pics from my phone don't know how too actually...but if nothing comes up in a few months I may just go with the rc350
Old 07-04-15, 07:14 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

You could buy a used RC-F for $63k. Why in the heck would you pay $60 large for an outdated model.

If I were you I would pit others dealers against that dealer that won't budge on that 2014. Let them know you found one at another dealer for $56k with $4k miles on it and ask them if they can match it. You have to let them know you are serious by telling them you are looking to buy today. :-)

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...4377/overview/

Last edited by Diesel350; 07-04-15 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-04-15, 07:42 PM
Trevislex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Diesel350
You could buy a used RC-F for $63k. Why in the heck would you pay $60 large for an outdated model.

If I were you I would pit others dealers against that dealer that won't budge on that 2014. Let them know you found one at another dealer for $56k with $4k miles on it and ask them if they can match it. You have to let them know you are serious by telling them you are looking to buy today. :-)

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...4377/overview/

Yep my point exactly and i showed the dealer the listing of the other cars priced less than his...didn't budge...even when when I told him high 50's but at the end of the day I'm not willing to spend that much on a used isf even if it's mint...would just save more and get the rcf or spend less and get the rc lol
Old 07-04-15, 08:01 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Yep my point exactly and i showed the dealer the listing of the other cars priced less than his...didn't budge...even when when I told him high 50's but at the end of the day I'm not willing to spend that much on a used isf even if it's mint...would just save more and get the rcf or spend less and get the rc lol
Not sure who you were negotiating with but if you weren't negotiating with a Fleet or Internet Manager you may want to try that avenue. Going to the dealership in person and trying to negotiate will yield you minimal results.
Old 07-04-15, 08:33 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Well that's the thing the original price he was asking for was 66k and I told him the rcf is give or take 10k more ...why would I buy it for that price and lose out on all the new tec...hence he dropped to 62k but just want to clear things up its km listed not miles I'm from Canada lol if you guys would check Canada national search on autotrader you would see it..I can't upload pics from my phone don't know how too actually...but if nothing comes up in a few months I may just go with the rc350
Don't get the RC350. Just get an F! IS or RC. Trust me! I been there! I started with a IS250, then 350, F, and finally the F in the color I wanted!. You're just gonna want more and more. With F I feel my speeding craves are suffice and I can hang with the competition. I just want to mod now...
Old 07-04-15, 08:39 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He is in Canada, cars cost a lot more here. Mid $60s is what 14 ISFs go for.

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/cars/lexus...=True&wcp=True
Old 07-05-15, 07:01 AM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

I doubt the 2014 is going to leave the lot for anything close to 60K. I bought my cpo 2012 last year and the dealer was asking around 58K in feb 2014. It sat on his lot until I came around in sept and picked it up for just around 50K. The car had 25Kkm and I got all the CPO advantages like basically 0% interest and the full lexus treatment on purchase. I was seeing demo (new) 2014 last year at around $65.

If you are looking for a late model ISF I would recommend trying to find a CPO you should be able to get a good financing rate and you probably will have a better history for the car since Lexus dealers usually only sell used cars that they know about. If you wait another month or so the price of these cars will start dropping because nobody will want to keep them on the lot over winter.
Old 07-05-15, 08:49 AM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Have you found out what the price would be if you didn't do a trade? Most dealerships keep the price high when you're doing a trade, because it allows them to "seemingly" give you more money for your trade so you feel all warm and fuzzy, in reality they make it up in the sale of the new(used) car you're going to buy ie they won't budge on price at all. Finding this out might give you a better sense of how low you can go.
Unless you're in a rush, I would decide what you want to pay that's fair and reasonable, make the offer, leave your phone number and walk away. If it were an older model 2008/9 I would be worried that it may sell, because it would be a whole different (lower) price bracket. I think it's going to be a very difficult for them to sell a $60K car, that's been discontinued but hasn't reached legit "rare-ity" status yet.
Old 07-05-15, 09:22 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

1. Don't trade your car in, you will always lose more money. Sell it privately. Get the car detailed, use a good digital camera and take some good photos. Throw it on AutoTrader. If you owe a balance on it and can pay it off, do it and get the Title before the sale. Makes things a lot easier for the buyer, they know they don't have that hassle to deal with. (I paid off my Honda and handed it over to the dealer with the signed Title, slam dunk, drove the IS-F home, couldn't be better)

2. The dealers usually don't negotiate on these cars, especially not on an IS-F. I've been in that spot many times. It's a pretty exclusive car (to the extent that most people who see it, don't even know what it is), 2014 is the last year.

It is a pretty much take it or leave it proposition. You're not buying a Honda or a Subaru. (and don't listen to all the idiots out there who call this car an over-priced Toyota.....because 99% of them never owned or drove an IS-F, and probably never will, and that's fine by me, makes it even more exclusive)

3. Best financing is usually through the credit unions, and it doesn't take much to become a member and apply for a car loan. (assuming your credit score is 700 or above, you'll be good to go). You open a checking account, put $50 in it and you're a member! viola! You then call them and apply for an auto loan, once approved, print it out and bring the letter with you. I got 2.875% on an 84 month loan, no dealer even came close to it.

Last edited by 2URGSE; 07-05-15 at 09:34 AM.

Quick Reply: isf price vs trade in