IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-15, 07:34 PM
AshyAnklez
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatest
It's a blessing no one ordered you to search.
Its funny because I read all 13 pages before waiting to ask
Old 12-13-15, 08:07 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

^^^^Right Here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise,..._and_harshness

Lou
Old 12-13-15, 08:10 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by AshyAnklez
I was looking at adding the swift springs and the USRS. Can you tell me if it is worth the mod? My car is stock and I hate the way it feels so loose compared to my oh so beloved which will be MISSED e46 M3. I was told to square up my wheels for better handling as well. I just would like better feel of the road. Come to think of it seems like as soon as I got the F I felt that I needed to practice driving with the car. It seems like the USRS addresses this issue.
I added the USRS bushings back when they were first released 2-3 months ago, and yes absolutely they are worth the $$!! They completely eliminate the deflecting that the stock bushing would exhibit under hard braking and cornering. On top of that it pretty much eliminates the inner tire wear that guys were experiencing from the toeing out effect that happened with the stock bushings

Tell you the truth the feel of the braking is much more improved if not more so noticeable than what your going to feel with the improvement in the steering/handling dept.

The swift springs are just a bonus now in regards to the handling, I have noticed a better feel and sharper (seemingly more willing to turn in quicker) turning/response with the addition of the swift springs. Plus with the cosmetic improvement in the front especially along with the relatively cheap price of the springs you can't go wrong with the USRS & Swift springs for an upgrade to your handling/braking/cosmetic appearance
Old 12-14-15, 01:00 PM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I was looking at adding the swift springs and the USRS. Can you tell me if it is worth the mod? My car is stock and I hate the way it feels so loose compared to my oh so beloved which will be MISSED e46 M3. I was told to square up my wheels for better handling as well. I just would like better feel of the road. Come to think of it seems like as soon as I got the F I felt that I needed to practice driving with the car. It seems like the USRS addresses this issue.
If you square up the tires, you may get subjectively better handling...but expect to notice areas of the chassis/suspension that need more work. You're going outside the developed envelope of performance and introducing significantly more grip in the front.
Old 12-14-15, 01:51 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
I added the USRS bushings back when they were first released 2-3 months ago, and yes absolutely they are worth the $$!! They completely eliminate the deflecting that the stock bushing would exhibit under hard braking and cornering. On top of that it pretty much eliminates the inner tire wear that guys were experiencing from the toeing out effect that happened with the stock bushings

Tell you the truth the feel of the braking is much more improved if not more so noticeable than what your going to feel with the improvement in the steering/handling dept.

The swift springs are just a bonus now in regards to the handling, I have noticed a better feel and sharper (seemingly more willing to turn in quicker) turning/response with the addition of the swift springs. Plus with the cosmetic improvement in the front especially along with the relatively cheap price of the springs you can't go wrong with the USRS & Swift springs for an upgrade to your handling/braking/cosmetic appearance
What did you do to deal with the rear camber when you got Swift springs installed buddy ? buy some aftermarket camber adjusters ?
Old 12-14-15, 02:23 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
haven't logged in awhile on here due to crazy work schedule, ive stopped driving the F here on the out skirts of Chicago. its just too damn harsh on these roads. i hate to say it, i dont enjoy driving the F anymore. im thinking of going back to stock bushings or trading in for a GTR , m4 or maybe even the new gt350r mustang. i want to love my car again and need to find a solution.
When do you take the USRS out for stock bushings just let me know ? Where do you work now in Chicago ?
Old 12-14-15, 04:57 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by shyguyF
When do you take the USRS out for stock bushings just let me know ? Where do you work now in Chicago ?
schaumburg , IL. . ill let you know.
Old 12-14-15, 04:59 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

What did you do to deal with the rear camber when you got Swift springs installed buddy ? buy some aftermarket camber adjusters ?
Well the drop for the rear on the Swift springs is only 0.6" so it's not really too aggressive, unlike the adjustability of coil overs that allow an aggressive drop.

So at that point yeah you would need something to combat the severe negative camber due to lowering, but then again a lot of guys on here have coil overs and have just dealt with any camber issues resulting in rapid tire wear.
Old 12-14-15, 09:24 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
schaumburg , IL. . ill let you know.
Oh that's good ! I'm living in Rockford about 45 minutes from Schaumburg. Thanks for replying.
Old 12-14-15, 09:36 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Well the drop for the rear on the Swift springs is only 0.6" so it's not really too aggressive, unlike the adjustability of coil overs that allow an aggressive drop.

So at that point yeah you would need something to combat the severe negative camber due to lowering, but then again a lot of guys on here have coil overs and have just dealt with any camber issues resulting in rapid tire wear.
Thanks for quick response ! I also got Swift springs installed but just in the front and SPC balljoins for the camber. Do you think that Swift springs is softer than stock ones ? To me I feel so that why I holded for the rear installation .
Old 12-14-15, 09:48 PM
AshyAnklez
Driver

Thanks for the info. I need to check on some prices on the swift springs. I wonder if Tein is any good?
Old 12-15-15, 05:55 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Thanks for the info. I need to check on some prices on the swift springs. I wonder if Tein is any good?
Don't waste your money on Tein if you want to get what you are paying for. Swift is vastly more likely to deliver the rates you requested.
Old 12-15-15, 08:19 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Thanks for quick response ! I also got Swift springs installed but just in the front and SPC balljoins for the camber. Do you think that Swift springs is softer than stock ones ? To me I feel so that why I holded for the rear installation .
If I remember correctly the Swifts are 8k/9k for spring rates, that being said I don't know what the stock spring rates are? As far as having them on for about 2 weeks now they don't feel like they are softer than the stock springs, and the car feels better than stock in the handling dept I would just go ahead and put on the rear Swift springs so the suspension works in unison the way Swift intended them to work with the stock shocks.
Old 12-15-15, 04:16 PM
AshyAnklez
Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Don't waste your money on Tein if you want to get what you are paying for. Swift is vastly more likely to deliver the rates you requested.
Oh wow. I didn't know TEIN was crap thanks for heads up. I also was looking a Penske. Too much for my wallet. I will definitely get the USRS as a X-MAS present for the F.....
Old 12-17-15, 09:00 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

What r the spring rates for tein?

Quick Reply: Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.