IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-15, 12:52 PM
bbong
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

I recently had this installed, by RR Racing!! Thanks Rafi you rock. I'm holding off on the review of them alone, as I also had RR Racing Penske Coilovers put in so I'd like to get it to the track before I start complaining or raving about it.

I have not put on many miles on it as my camber is off on one side, waiting on some adjustable bjoints to correct it and I'll give it a proper review, but from the initial feeling... car does feel like a proper handling/race car
Old 09-08-15, 09:42 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

I have a set on the way. Looking forward to this!

Last edited by Rickna; 09-08-15 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-11-15, 08:23 AM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Just ordered. Where in Phoenix is the best place to go to have these installed?
Old 09-25-15, 02:21 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Quick update, when I was installing my headers I took the opportunity to re-lube these bad boys to try and alleviate a creaking noise I was getting going over bumps before they got warmed up. I'm happy to report that I used some energy suspension formula 5 prelube on the bushings and steering knuckle and all sounds are gone. It rides like butter now and no noises. Very happy with the results.
Old 09-25-15, 02:43 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by STLblueF
Quick update, when I was installing my headers I took the opportunity to re-lube these bad boys to try and alleviate a creaking noise I was getting going over bumps before they got warmed up. I'm happy to report that I used some energy suspension formula 5 prelube on the bushings and steering knuckle and all sounds are gone. It rides like butter now and no noises. Very happy with the results.
I am really sorry you had to do this, please send us an email as i would like to link it to your order date so we can see if we can link it to our assembly dates... Formula 5 prelube is really the best, that is what we use, and it should be noise free for a long, long time.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 09-26-15, 08:22 AM
otbevo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very happy with this setup. Noticeable improvement in the response of the front end and much more stable over dips.
Old 09-27-15, 11:05 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I have had mine for a while and love this mod !! Done a few thousand miles and even 2 track days and the car is going strong.

RR Racing rocks !
Old 09-28-15, 05:05 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Time to chime in - I've had the bushings on for almost 2 weeks. No noticeable increase in NVH, on the crappy roads of CT. Steering is much more precise and braking is more stable. Installation was straight forward - Don't use ramps!
Old 12-09-15, 05:43 AM
Greatest
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So is the consensus that these definetly help with the inner tire wear?
Old 12-09-15, 09:04 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

I would say yes! I think it helps the inner tire issue that is caused by the stock bushings deflecting under load causing the car to toe out I think? Great Mod!
Old 12-09-15, 09:09 AM
Greatest
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds good. Tired of buying tires. Maybe my wife will buy that. It is actually true this time.
Old 12-09-15, 11:39 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Yeah it's a great mod. Best notice was under hard braking
Old 12-09-15, 04:57 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Rafi[/QUOTE]

Hi Rafi, woild it be possible for those of us who drive in more of urban environment aka concrete jungle lol to create perhaps three levels a street 90duro, a street&track 95duro, and a full on race at whatever level you set.

It seems like large percentage of ISF drivers use them as DD like me. I commute from a suburb of New York City and drive 5 days week down to 34th street in midtown Manhattan using some pretty rough roads, expansion joints on highways and bridges raise plows, potholes, uneven road surfaces you name it.

For those of us who drive in more of urban environment and use our car's as a daily driver a less aggressive 90 duro would work well I think it would be a great compromise between performance and comfort it would still be a vast improvement over OEM set up.

Thanks again for all your great work
Old 12-09-15, 05:49 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

haven't logged in awhile on here due to crazy work schedule, ive stopped driving the F here on the out skirts of Chicago. its just too damn harsh on these roads. i hate to say it, i dont enjoy driving the F anymore. im thinking of going back to stock bushings or trading in for a GTR , m4 or maybe even the new gt350r mustang. i want to love my car again and need to find a solution.
Old 12-09-15, 08:07 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
haven't logged in awhile on here due to crazy work schedule, ive stopped driving the F here on the out skirts of Chicago. its just too damn harsh on these roads. i hate to say it, i dont enjoy driving the F anymore. im thinking of going back to stock bushings or trading in for a GTR , m4 or maybe even the new gt350r mustang. i want to love my car again and need to find a solution.
I definitely wouldn't recommend a GTR. Too big/wide of a car and much harsher than the F. Good luck parallel parking a GTR
I like the m4. My only gripes are longevity and the engine/exhaust note.
Can't lie that the 08 Fs drive harshly. But the exhaust note is enough for me to love this car even if I replace the coilovers with lead blocks.
I'd stick around with the F for a little while longer just to see if the aftermarket brings anhthing new

Quick Reply: Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.