IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Thinking of coming to an ISF from an M3

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-15, 05:40 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by hacker_720
I just renewed my plates so I know my exact millage: 276,102 kms. No issues. Every feature works, no leaks, I don't even worry about it. I drive it in the snow, rain, wind, and it parks outside. I can't get over how reliable this car is (it's my fourth Lexus).
Get it, you will be happy.
If I did my conversion correct that equates to approx. 171,561 Miles anybody know of F's roaming around with 200k+??
Old 06-30-15, 06:00 PM
3SPKY5U
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So for my understanding, the pre 2011 has an open rear diff and uses the rear brakes as an Ediff correct? I'd guess OS Geiken makes a few options though (possibly with a different final drive for higher applied torque?). If the 8 speed isn't close ratio, that could be interesting.

The rods in that motor are powder press, not forged correct? But they can still hold large NOS shots? Baffles me, especially with an open deck. But I guess Yamaha does the casting for most supercars, so they know a thing or two about holding power.

Last edited by 3SPKY5U; 06-30-15 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-30-15, 06:50 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 3SPKY5U
So for my understanding, the pre 2011 has an open rear diff and uses the rear brakes as an Ediff correct? I'd guess OS Geiken makes a few options though (possibly with a different final drive for higher applied torque?). If the 8 speed isn't close ratio, that could be interesting.

The rods in that motor are powder press, not forged correct? But they can still hold large NOS shots? Baffles me, especially with an open deck. But I guess Yamaha does the casting for most supercars, so they know a thing or two about holding power.
2010-up had lsd
Rods are forged
Old 07-01-15, 07:03 PM
3SPKY5U
Driver School Candidate

The M3 is officially for sale... Beginning my hunt for an ISF. Theres a black and a USB 2008 that I'm mulling over. Theres a 2012 for 42k that I'm considering shooting for, but I don't want to spend over 35.

Thinking im gonna put around 5k aside for mods, right now I'm thinking:

- Joe Z exhaust
- Joe Z intake
- VHT gold calliper paint/red brembo badges
- SARD rear spoiler
- Set of blizzaks for winter
Also considering coilovers, though I'm limited how low I can go due to the steep grade of my parkade ramp.

Last edited by 3SPKY5U; 07-01-15 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-01-15, 07:20 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with the 12, the updates on them make it worth the extra upfront money
Old 07-01-15, 07:21 PM
3SPKY5U
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by streetx
Go with the 12, the updates on them make it worth the extra upfront money
I'll see if it's still available when the M3 sells.

The dealer has 2 12's here as well, I might take a look at them. I'd love the LED lights, that's for sure. And the LSD.

Is it just me or does Toyota/Lexus log every service with Carfax? Every car I've looked at online has full service logs on the CarFax! BMW doesn't do that...

Last edited by 3SPKY5U; 07-01-15 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-02-15, 06:23 AM
hacker_720
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
If I did my conversion correct that equates to approx. 171,561 Miles anybody know of F's roaming around with 200k+??
I think I have the highest millage in North America. I would be interested to see if anyone has higher.
Old 07-02-15, 06:25 AM
hacker_720
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I see one USB car for sale, but it's out in Ontario. There seems to be slim pickings for Alberta cars, a bunch of silver (not a fan).
Let me know if you want me to have a look at anything in Ontario for you, I'm also in Alberta frequently, but I never dive there (obviously).
Old 07-02-15, 01:37 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

GLWS!

Welcome to the dark side!!!
Old 07-02-15, 02:20 PM
3SPKY5U
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hacker_720
Let me know if you want me to have a look at anything in Ontario for you, I'm also in Alberta frequently, but I never dive there (obviously).
Thanks man!

(http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Lexus/IS...O&orup=8_15_27), but I really don't want to buy a car outside of Alberta unless I have to. Mind you it would be a fun little road trip while I'm off of work. I'm really set on picking up a USB. There's one in Calgary, but it's got some god awful wheels on it, and the add is poorly written, kinda worries me. It also has a white interior, and being that I work with cars, I'm worried I'll soil the leather. I'd love the red accent leather, ans my M3 has extended fox red leather in it now.

Anyone think it would be worth picking one up in the states? I have a property in AZ, could fly down there, pick an ISF from Scottsdale and bring it home.

Hacker, being as you're from Ontario, how does the somewhat saltier air effect these cars? I'm assuming most of the frame is coated to prevent rust? And I'm assuming panels don't rust either, as most cars these days cant/wont.

Last edited by 3SPKY5U; 07-02-15 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-02-15, 03:15 PM
M4rk
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks man!

(http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Lexus/IS...O&orup=8_15_27), but I really don't want to buy a car outside of Alberta unless I have to. Mind you it would be a fun little road trip while I'm off of work. I'm really set on picking up a USB. There's one in Calgary, but it's got some god awful wheels on it, and the add is poorly written, kinda worries me. It also has a white interior, and being that I work with cars, I'm worried I'll soil the leather. I'd love the red accent leather, ans my M3 has extended fox red leather in it now.

Anyone think it would be worth picking one up in the states? I have a property in AZ, could fly down there, pick an ISF from Scottsdale and bring it home.

Hacker, being as you're from Ontario, how does the somewhat saltier air effect these cars? I'm assuming most of the frame is coated to prevent rust? And I'm assuming panels don't rust either, as most cars these days cant/wont.
They have a '13 in Nebula Grey, or is that above budget? It already has a WALD rear diffuser too.
Old 07-02-15, 03:19 PM
3SPKY5U
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by M4rk
They have a '13 in Nebula Grey, or is that above budget? It already has a WALD rear diffuser too.
Yessir it is. I was thinking I'd just buy a 2012 and finance out 10-20k of it, but that kind of lands me in the same boat. So i'm only comfortable spending 30-35k, which lands me in 2008-09 territory. Hopefully a 2010 comes up that I can bargin down to that point, the factory LSD would be nice for Calgary winters.
Old 07-02-15, 03:39 PM
MGordo
Driver

A black with red interior was recently traded in at one of the Calgary dealers... I believe it was a '12. It was 4everkidd. Have to ask him which dealer.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ld-thread.html
Old 07-02-15, 03:49 PM
3SPKY5U
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MGordo
A black with red interior was recently traded in at one of the Calgary dealers... I believe it was a '12. It was 4everkidd. Have to ask him which dealer.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ld-thread.html
Might that be the black one at Lexus of Calgary for 48 grand?
Old 07-02-15, 07:06 PM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Might that be the black one at Lexus of Calgary for 48 grand?
There's probably a high chance. I remember in another thread with him replying that he is sick of his ISF.

Quick Reply: Thinking of coming to an ISF from an M3