IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

I'm done with Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-15, 08:45 PM
ImportISF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MarekFl
I am only saying I won't buy Lexus again as they make crappy cars. I do not know any other luxury brand with interior that self-disintegrates after 40k miles. I would expect this from a Dodge or Chevrolet, but not from Lexus.
Both of my previous BMW's did. Not to start a fight or anything, but from the pictures it does not seem as bad as you made it out to be.
Old 06-26-15, 09:01 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepy415
Both of my previous BMW's did. Not to start a fight or anything, but from the pictures it does not seem as bad as you made it out to be.
no, the pics are bad. i wouldnt live with that either but the point is , this is rare on the ISF.
Old 08-11-15, 03:24 PM
otbevo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having my local dealership take a look at my vehicle on Friday. Currently suffering from the melting door panels and dashboard. I'll update with what Lexus would like to do.
Old 08-14-15, 09:32 PM
zpletcher
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2008 Lexus IS-F with just over 40K miles on it. The car has always been garaged. And that's the problem. Lexus installed some crappy plastics in all 2007-2008 IS'es (incuding IS-F) - over time they start to detoriate and fall appart. It is significantly accelerated by sun exposure - people who parked outside had their interiors replaced under warranty. Lexus knows about this issue and replaces interiors in 2007-2008 IS 250 and IS 350 for free, even when cars are out of warranty. But not in IS-F! For some reason Lexus thinks they can get away with treating IS-F owners like crap. I was going to replace my IS-F with RC-F this year, but after hearing Lexus won't fix my interior, I am done with that brand.

P.S. IS-F is my third Lexus, I had GS 460 and SC 430 before. This is how the company treats its loyal customer...
daughter bought a brand new 2007 Solara convertible SLE same time my wife bought a brand new 2007 Camry XLE V6..
Solara looks like a lexus inside and the dash is cracked in several places. Camry is not.
Toyota sent out a recall notice to repair the dashes on a recall, but parts are not available yet..

Yours should have been on that recall also.. it said 07 and 08's for sure.. on the Toyotas..
This was a recall.. it is a shame if Toyota did not put the high dollar isf on recall also!!!

Good luck!!! Hope they treat you right!!!
Old 08-20-15, 03:54 PM
otbevo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by otbevo
Having my local dealership take a look at my vehicle on Friday. Currently suffering from the melting door panels and dashboard. I'll update with what Lexus would like to do.
First offer from corporate was to cover 50% of the part replacement cost. Escalated it up to the second level of customer service.

Will continue to update as we move forward.
Old 08-20-15, 04:55 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Sorry to hear OP. Keep in mind your vehicle is of the original L-Finesse generation which are known for some quality slips. Most of which is rectified in recent models. If you are done with the brand, Looks like Cadillac, Porsche, Lincoln and Benz are the next best lux brands choices.

Old 08-20-15, 06:52 PM
ct200
Driver

Well here goes my story... took my lexus for the fuel sensor and loose screws on the fan switch and for some estrange reason I ended up with a brand new dash!!

The thing is, I didn't even complain about my dash at all. They were the one who told me about the customer enhancement program! (I tought my dash was perfect) but not gonna complain about getting a new one except that now the rest of the panels are a different shade of black, especially the steering wheel. (my wife says it looks the same shade of black to her "women and cars")

Also had a friend in PR with another 2008 is-F that got all the panels, dash and steering wheel replaced by the dealer free of charge!
Old 09-21-15, 08:17 AM
MarekFl
Driver School Candidate

Some updates:
a) no updates from the Lexus side
b) I joined the class action lawsuit against Lexus, waiting for some movement
c) my navigation broke - apparently another IS issue Lexus knows about - screen digitizer wire oxidizes and stops connecting. Lexus service wants some outrageous amount of money to fix it, but a $25 part from China + 2 hours of work and my navi works as before
d) driver's seat leather is falling apart after 40k miles - known issue for IS-F, nothing new
Old 09-21-15, 02:56 PM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i wont say i had no problems with my is-f but not so much that i would not buy another lexus.

My isf has had issues with

Water pump leak
Water FIPG gasket leak in the Vbank (see my tread on this)
Touch screen issue (just happened 3 weeks ago and i just fixed it in 1 night with the contact drawing tool)
Air Bag light popping on and off time to time (hasn't done it in a long time)

Not horrid for 4 years of ownership and 60k miles.

However, far cry from my 1991 aristo i imported with 76000km and I did absolutely NOTHING at all except oil/brakes/fluid changes. Drove for 130k KM with virtually no issues. (caused some myself)

They sure don't make them like they used to that's for sure. I also agree, I don't like the RC-F, have a look at the 235M, I tested that, really fun little car. M4 is too big now days and felt like an M5 of yesteryear.

Stay away from Mercedes for the love of god, my wifes C300 which bought new was nothing but electrical issues. Got her a new Q5 TDI, lets see how Audi lasts...
Old 09-24-15, 05:24 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Some updates:
a) no updates from the Lexus side
b) I joined the class action lawsuit against Lexus, waiting for some movement
c) my navigation broke - apparently another IS issue Lexus knows about - screen digitizer wire oxidizes and stops connecting. Lexus service wants some outrageous amount of money to fix it, but a $25 part from China + 2 hours of work and my navi works as before
d) driver's seat leather is falling apart after 40k miles - known issue for IS-F, nothing new
The nav is an issue with all IS. I replaced mine with a cheap digitizer from china. THe touch works but it will get real blurry in the heat. I keep it off and only use it for AC.
I installed a CD HU in the place of the cd player. Oh and My old lexus dealer tried to charge me 14k to fix it....im no longer going to them.

IVe notice some of the other parts melting on the door also, but other than those two issues, THe car has been bullet proof.

THe car is still as fun as ever and has not made me think about switching sides yet.
Old 09-24-15, 08:01 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zazzn
i wont say i had no problems with my is-f but not so much that i would not buy another lexus.

My isf has had issues with

Water pump leak
Water FIPG gasket leak in the Vbank (see my tread on this)
Touch screen issue (just happened 3 weeks ago and i just fixed it in 1 night with the contact drawing tool)
Air Bag light popping on and off time to time (hasn't done it in a long time)

Not horrid for 4 years of ownership and 60k miles.

However, far cry from my 1991 aristo i imported with 76000km and I did absolutely NOTHING at all except oil/brakes/fluid changes. Drove for 130k KM with virtually no issues. (caused some myself)

They sure don't make them like they used to that's for sure. I also agree, I don't like the RC-F, have a look at the 235M, I tested that, really fun little car. M4 is too big now days and felt like an M5 of yesteryear.

Stay away from Mercedes for the love of god, my wifes C300 which bought new was nothing but electrical issues. Got her a new Q5 TDI, lets see how Audi lasts...
You'll be cursing the Audi too!
Old 09-26-15, 08:12 AM
otbevo
Driver School Candidate

Also joining the class action suit. Lexus won't budge on taking care of anything more than 50% of the parts, which considering the outrageous price of the door panels, is still a crazy expensive deal. They said that at some point they would maybe also add the IS-F to the warranty extension, but for now it's not a priority for them.
Old 10-28-15, 04:44 PM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

Wow! I will be joining this class action lawsuit as well! It amazes me that the OP talks about him having the same issue as the 2 gen IS that are covered by the replacement program but immediately just because some aren't having the issue they immediately try and discredit his claims. I guarantee you those same I take care of my car never did this never did that wash my dash with holy water guys will be talking differently later on down the line! My car never had the problem until this year so just wait fellas it's coming!!! Things are just not the same around Clublexus anymore!!
Old 11-17-15, 05:43 AM
MarekFl
Driver School Candidate

Some updates - TPMS issues (expected after 7 years, batteries in TPMS sensors won't last forever) + center dashboard speaker went bad. No updates about class action lawsuit Door panels are falling apart, but it looks like keeping them lubricated with Mothers slows it down a bit so I do it weekly. Other than that, the car still drives great.