IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

I'm done with Lexus

Old 06-25-15, 05:24 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,205 Likes on 955 Posts

Let us know when you find a brand that's more reliable and a customer service policy that's better. I'll be the first to join you.
Old 06-25-15, 08:23 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,835 Likes on 2,324 Posts

Originally Posted by MarekFl
Small update - I had a call from Lexus corporate last night, and they claim part numbers for IS and IS-F are different and this is a cause of IS-F not being covered. They also said I should go ahead and pay for the fixes now and hope they will include IS-F in the repair program later. If they ever do, I may (may!) be eligible for reimbursement.
They lied to you.

http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/l...400-53904.html
Old 06-25-15, 11:01 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Do not expect full reimbursement. Maybe partial though.
Old 06-25-15, 12:14 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,835 Likes on 2,324 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
Do not expect full reimbursement. Maybe partial though.
You can see what the part costs from an internet retailer. Labor (in hours) is according to the table below. This is what Lexus reimburses dealers who perform this swap. You should not pay any more than 2.9 hours labor.
Attached Thumbnails I'm done with Lexus-interior-labor-chart.png  
Old 06-26-15, 05:49 AM
MarekFl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Can you please post some pictures of what you are experiencing?

Driver's side plastics are so brittle they break apart

Passenger side plastics
Attached Thumbnails I'm done with Lexus-img_0691.jpg   I'm done with Lexus-img_0692.jpg  
Old 06-26-15, 06:00 AM
MarekFl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I tried to email them back with this information and here is what I get:

Lexus_Customer_Satisfaction@lexus.com
The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: toyota.com
Lexus_Customer_Satisfaction@lexus.com
#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipNotFound; not found ##
I guess they really do not want their customers to send emails
Old 06-26-15, 06:07 AM
MarekFl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ice350
Dude, they fixed the problem a long time ago.
Get a new Lexus and let it go.
Why would I byy a Lexus after this? Actually, the question should be - which Lexus would I buy? The RC-F? I test drove it on a track and it is a nose-diving, overweight pig. No fun in driving it. Yeah, it has a great sound, but nothing else. I rather spend more and buy something that drives like a proper sports car.
Old 06-26-15, 06:07 AM
pat1
Driver School Candidate

I thought this was a dash issue. Thoses are door panels.
Old 06-26-15, 06:09 AM
MarekFl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pat1
I thought this was a dash issue. Thoses are door panels.
The dash is not much better. All plastics are like that. Front and rear doors, dash etc.
Old 06-26-15, 06:12 AM
pat1
Driver School Candidate

Why would I byy a Lexus after this? Actually, the question should be - which Lexus would I buy? The RC-F? I test drove it on a track and it is a nose-diving, overweight pig. No fun in driving it. Yeah, it has a great sound, but nothing else. I rather spend more and buy something that drives like a proper sports car.

Well it sounds like you need to find a car that fits you and a company that will warranty a car forever and a day. You are asking a lot for a 8 year old vehicle. No matter what it's 8 years old. You have wear and tear.
Old 06-26-15, 07:02 AM
MarekFl
Driver School Candidate

Well it sounds like you need to find a car that fits you and a company that will warranty a car forever and a day. You are asking a lot for a 8 year old vehicle. No matter what it's 8 years old. You have wear and tear.
I believe I already explained that this is not about the car falling apart after 7 years (it was purchased in 2009), but about Lexus discriminating on people who purchased a particular version of their car.
Old 06-26-15, 07:18 AM
pat1
Driver School Candidate

I believe I already explained that this is not about the car falling apart after 7 years (it was purchased in 2009), but about Lexus discriminating on people who purchased a particular version of their car.

No I'm pretty sure your just whining about the car. This day and age everyone is *****ing about discriminating about something. Let's just take the flag down. That will fix it.

I had a 08 is350 before I bought my isf and it had 70k miles. It wasn't garage a day in its life. Always in Georgia climate. I kept it clean all the time. I NEVER put anything on the plastic or rubber in the interior. I used a sun shade in the summer. The interior looked just like the day I bought it.
Old 06-26-15, 07:46 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,112 Likes on 1,289 Posts

No I'm pretty sure your just whining about the car. This day and age everyone is *****ing about discriminating about something. Let's just take the flag down. That will fix it.

I had a 08 is350 before I bought my isf and it had 70k miles. It wasn't garage a day in its life. Always in Georgia climate. I kept it clean all the time. I NEVER put anything on the plastic or rubber in the interior. I used a sun shade in the summer. The interior looked just like the day I bought it.
Pat, I think you've made your point here and ask you move on from this thread... making your responses too personal.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-26-15 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-26-15, 08:11 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,112 Likes on 1,289 Posts

I do want to point out that what Marek is experiencing is a pervasive issue for many of the 2IS members and as Lou pointed out in post #40, Lexus has issued post-warranty replacements for problematic dash and door panels in certain models, including the 2nd gen IS. It isn't just him and his delicate sensibilities.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-replaced.html

We've established that the IS-F has the same part number (at least according to one site) and my take on this is that Lexus just hasn't connected the IS-F with the TSB yet and it likely should be.

In my mind, the outstanding question for the OP is that he's already had a warranty action performed on his car with replacement of his dash, so he may not be eligible for the a third replacement. I'd expect since he didn't post pictures of a crumbling dash that it probably isn't as bad as the door panels.
Old 06-26-15, 08:42 AM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts

Marek, I'm curious what the last 4 numbers of your vin are. That would tell us how early your particular car came off the production line.

FWIW my 08 (last 4 1583) has a slightly sticky driver door panel when it sits unprotected in direct sunlight. I use 303 aerospace protectant and it keeps the door panel from getting sticky. The downside is I have to apply it every couple weeks.

All other door panels are dull in color without the 303 aerospace, but are not sticky. The dash is in perfect condition.

I agree 100% if they are replacing panels in the ISx50's they should do the same for the F.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm done with Lexus