IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Mod glory for this ISF

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-15, 08:24 PM
AggieOne
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mod glory for this ISF

I thought you guys would like to see this modded ISF for sale in TX. I am always looking what is in my area and local pricing! I don't know what to think about this one.

Modded ISF

Last edited by AggieOne; 06-02-15 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-02-15, 08:37 PM
teamcalvin
Pole Position

It's right next to my house lol, nothing really special... just a bunch of CF parts.
Old 06-02-15, 08:54 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

interesting that the dealership in atlanta posted it for sale and said that it wouldnt pass emissions because it didnt have cats. the car belonged to a member here. wonder if it still has NO2.?
Old 06-03-15, 07:24 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

The car belonged to yishin. He got a new 2014, went crazy modding it, and then got the itch for something faster within about a year.
Old 06-03-15, 08:26 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

This guy put a bunch of random parts on his car lol, Seibon hood, Cwest skirts, Arkym lip, nos, exhaust. wonder why he left it on the car, But yeah he was an old forum member, yishin.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-03-15, 08:57 AM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea he tried selling it on here and autotrader himself and wanted 76k for it...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...ishin-isf.html
Old 06-03-15, 09:14 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

He did sink A LOT of money in that car. Surprised he took off the arkym diffuser. This is crazy though. I sent him a txt earlier today, and then sent Cam (Torxuvin) about him and he told me the car was for sale in Texas.
Old 06-03-15, 10:43 AM
teamcalvin
Pole Position

Wondering if he would like to part it out and sell them to me haha.
Old 06-03-15, 02:26 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

looks over done in my opinion.......way over done.
Old 06-03-15, 04:45 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wonder what he got for a trade in? 45k?
Old 06-03-15, 10:04 PM
zpletcher
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Sylvan
I wonder what he got for a trade in? 45k?
I bet he got burnt badly.... No one has the same taste as the person did who modded it..

That is why some resto mods take a huge hit after they build them, then cannot get their money out of them after modding them just for resale....
JMHO
Old 06-04-15, 12:26 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Guys,

I met and know the guy (cool dude) who owned and built this car and to say he had been 'mod-bitten' would be an understatement. The dude needed Intervention, he was addicted! I agree with you all that it appears a bunch or CF thrown together and it is too personally customized and/or too modded out. That said, when you see this car in person, it is a more a show car which makes the potential customer base even smaller.

I will tell you first hand that everything the guy had done on his car was done pretty much at no expense and was usually a third or fourth redo until it was just right by his eye and while I have seen some pretty bad@$! ISF's, this was on top of list of the ones I have seen (again, if you can get past the CF cosmetics). He had 2 large NOS bottles custom set in the trunk along with an unbelievable sound system back there. He upgraded the brakes, brake lines, full exhaust and suspension (I bought the suspension with Swifts with 7K miles for my 08) because he upgraded again and the rims he just put on the car before selling were custom CF at about $6K I believe for the set. As I said, I have seen the build and ridden in this car and it is bad @#S if you can get past the CF stuff (which are all top of the line). I had not seen nor spoken to PO since he sold his car but I believe I read somewhere he got $56 or $58K with 15K on the clock. Frankly, I do not see how he could have put that many miles on the car in 10 months for he was having so much mod work done inside, outside, under and within every compartment of the car. The car ran like a beast and even sounded better (killer exhaust notes) and the owner was not a young race car driver wannabe and drove the car respectfully when I saw it on the road. The car was more of a show car with hugh kahuna's and somebody is going to get one heck of a car if the right buyer can find it if it is all still as-is and not trashed. I have my guessestimate on how much money went into this build but you guys are in the know and just look at the exterior components and quickly calculate those costs. I bet that amount doubles with what you cannot see that was upgraded and I believe he bought the car for around $70K brand new so you do the math...
Old 06-04-15, 12:42 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mr2dave
Guys,

I met and know the guy (cool dude) who owned and built this car and to say he had been 'mod-bitten' would be an understatement. The dude needed Intervention, he was addicted! I agree with you all that it appears a bunch or CF thrown together and it is too personally customized and/or too modded out. That said, when you see this car in person, it is a more a show car which makes the potential customer base even smaller.

I will tell you first hand that everything the guy had done on his car was done pretty much at no expense and was usually a third or fourth redo until it was just right by his eye and while I have seen some pretty bad@$! ISF's, this was on top of list of the ones I have seen (again, if you can get past the CF cosmetics). He had 2 large NOS bottles custom set in the trunk along with an unbelievable sound system back there. He upgraded the brakes, brake lines, full exhaust and suspension (I bought the suspension with Swifts with 7K miles for my 08) because he upgraded again and the rims he just put on the car before selling were custom CF at about $6K I believe for the set. As I said, I have seen the build and ridden in this car and it is bad @#S if you can get past the CF stuff (which are all top of the line). I had not seen nor spoken to PO since he sold his car but I believe I read somewhere he got $56 or $58K with 15K on the clock. Frankly, I do not see how he could have put that many miles on the car in 10 months for he was having so much mod work done inside, outside, under and within every compartment of the car. The car ran like a beast and even sounded better (killer exhaust notes) and the owner was not a young race car driver wannabe and drove the car respectfully when I saw it on the road. The car was more of a show car with hugh kahuna's and somebody is going to get one heck of a car if the right buyer can find it if it is all still as-is and not trashed. I have my guessestimate on how much money went into this build but you guys are in the know and just look at the exterior components and quickly calculate those costs. I bet that amount doubles with what you cannot see that was upgraded and I believe he bought the car for around $70K brand new so you do the math...
I knew the shop where we had our meet up last year was kinda sponsoring him but are you saying they pretty much did the work and got the mids for free or next to nothing?
Old 06-04-15, 01:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I think they are going to have a hard time selling it.
Old 06-04-15, 01:42 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Nothing there when I click the link?

Maybe he pulled the ad??

Quick Reply: Mod glory for this ISF