IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Big shout out to PPE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-15, 11:13 AM
abohler
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big shout out to PPE!

After 2 sets of 02's/AFR's, 2 sikky sims, and thousands of miles, I finally was able to pass inspection. All thanks to PPE. I replaced the sikky sim with a PPE sim and was able to get my 02 sensor IM Monitors to turn on within 5 minutes.
Old 06-01-15, 12:49 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

wow. guess if I have to register my car at my house this will be my fix as well. happy to hear your good to go.
Old 06-01-15, 02:36 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Glad it worked out for you!
Old 06-06-15, 02:41 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I had this happen on my car then another friends. We both replaced sensors too and what ended up fixing it was discounting the sikky sim, reconnecting the red and black secondary cat signals, driving down the road and then reinstalling the sikky sim. It let the monitors set then you reconnect to fix the cat code cel. Ready to inspect.
Old 06-15-15, 04:05 PM
abohler
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
I had this happen on my car then another friends. We both replaced sensors too and what ended up fixing it was discounting the sikky sim, reconnecting the red and black secondary cat signals, driving down the road and then reinstalling the sikky sim. It let the monitors set then you reconnect to fix the cat code cel. Ready to inspect.
Wow, I can't believe that was the problem. Especially that Sikky couldn't advise that as a fix. I spent a ton of time and money to fix this. Would be nice if Sikky added this as a suggestion if future users have this issue. Thanks Darbs.
Old 06-15-15, 04:18 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Personal Protective Equipment?
Old 06-15-15, 06:07 PM
pharnhyte
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NickTee
Personal Protective Equipment?

Sigh. No, not even close.
The following users liked this post:
vertex16 (07-25-19)
Old 06-15-15, 06:15 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pharnhyte
Sigh. No, not even close.
I think he's trying to be sarcastic I really hope so lol
Old 06-16-15, 06:21 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I spoke to the owner of Sikky about it at the east coast meet, he thanked me for figuring out the issue and said it would not be an issue to reprogram future sims to simulate the needed warm up signal to correct this problem from happening in the future. Sometimes it takes real user feedback to make great products better.
Old 06-18-15, 02:24 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

The answered the phone and answered all my questions.

Order placed.
Old 10-11-16, 07:19 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

First time in years I started the car and it didn't fire up all the way and threw some codes. Not sure why this happened maybe it was due to sitting for some time? Anyway, I cleared the codes, but then found my O2 sensor wouldn't set ready. Thanks to this AWESOME post you saved me a lot of frustration and money! I couldn't get my I/M Oxygen Sensor Monitor to set. Ended up unsoldering the SIM, reconnecting the red and black secondary cat signal wires and drove about 2 miles for the monitor to read ok. I then resoldered the SIM and now good to go again.
Old 10-14-16, 11:01 AM
GR8WHITE
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caymandive
First time in years I started the car and it didn't fire up all the way and threw some codes. Not sure why this happened maybe it was due to sitting for some time? Anyway, I cleared the codes, but then found my O2 sensor wouldn't set ready. Thanks to this AWESOME post you saved me a lot of frustration and money! I couldn't get my I/M Oxygen Sensor Monitor to set. Ended up unsoldering the SIM, reconnecting the red and black secondary cat signal wires and drove about 2 miles for the monitor to read ok. I then resoldered the SIM and now good to go again.

Are the SIMs in your car old SIMs? I ask since Darbs above mentioned his conversation with Sikky which resulted in them saying they would re-program. I just had the stainless Sikky headers installed in August, and hoping to avoid the issue altogether. I know you recently did too, just wondering if they changed out your SIMS.
Old 10-14-16, 11:22 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by GR8WHITE
Are the SIMs in your car old SIMs? I ask since Darbs above mentioned his conversation with Sikky which resulted in them saying they would re-program. I just had the stainless Sikky headers installed in August, and hoping to avoid the issue altogether. I know you recently did too, just wondering if they changed out your SIMS.
Yeah I have an original and it works fine. Only time you'll have an issue is if your ecu is reset and all the I/M monitors need to set. That's when you have to disconnect the sim to ready the monitors and then reconnect before a CEL pops.

I don't think there has been any change in the SIM.
Old 07-20-19, 06:20 AM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm really glad I found this thread. I am having the same issue. I hadn't driven the ISF for quite a while and had a totally dead battery so something must have reset. I passed Maryland inspection twice in the past. I have my ISF registered in a different state and for the past few renewals found I could renew online without an emissions test...until now that is. That state changed their computer systems and I am no longer able to renew online without an approval code that I get after showing a passing emissions test in the state I live.

I went to get it checked and the testers just came back saying it wasn't ready to be tested. I read the OBD2 and found that both O2 checks weren't complete. I've driven the car hundred of miles since and they still aren't ready. It looks like I'm going to have to try disconnecting the O2 Sims and reconnecting the wires then switching back. What a PIA.
Old 07-20-19, 01:51 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Thank you for sharing this valuable information. I'm sure I'll do this before my next inspection comes up.

Quick Reply: Big shout out to PPE!