Totaled isf

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-15, 12:36 AM
RichFlair
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Man this sucks!

Was just admiring your car the other week, and looking forward to hearing from another owner of the Novel headers!

Just really glad you are ok. Never nice when you lose your pride and joy, but cars are in their basic form just metal boxes. A metal box can be replaced. You can't.

Could have been a lot worse for you given the size and destructive capabilities of those tractor/trailer units.

Still a tragic loss to the F community.

Be careful with parting stuff out. A sharp eyed adjuster could notice from the photos you've swapped stuff over. Just don't want you giving them any reasons to underpay or delay your claim.

I'm a claims adjuster by trade!

Hope you get it sorted soon mate. Glad you're ok.

Cheers.

Peter
Right on Peter, thanks man. Its definitely a crappy feeling waking up and going outside to see your love mangled. God knows why all this has occurred. Im just hoping i can get into something fast soon.
Old 05-18-15, 06:43 PM
NarsISF
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RichFlair
Right on Peter, thanks man. Its definitely a crappy feeling waking up and going outside to see your love mangled. God knows why all this has occurred. Im just hoping i can get into something fast soon.
Glad you made it out okay..I too had an F totaled in December, but was lucky enough to find a killer deal on a newer one after about 45 days of searching. The waiting game with the insurance is the toughest part not gonna lie.. lol Hopefully another F is what you're wanting to jump back into
Old 05-18-15, 08:13 PM
RichFlair
Pole Position

No swapping parts. The f is going to the body shop to get an adjustment. They insurance is trying not to total the car.
Old 05-18-15, 08:50 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

No swapping parts. The f is going to the body shop to get an adjustment. They insurance is trying not to total the car.
That is insane. That thing is hurt bad, as you well know. I certainly would not want a car that had been hurt that severely, and then repaired, even by a badass body and paint shop.

I hope they come to their senses when the estimate comes in. Even just replacing the C-pillar and left quarter collectively will be some huge hours, plus the left rear door, whatever the right side needs, plus the cosmetics for the front group.

And what about all that weight resting on the car? That certainly can be problematic on suspension components.

Seriously glad you are unhurt physically. Would you care to share who your insurance company is?

Take care.
Old 05-19-15, 03:40 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

A sad sight to see, hope you get into a new ride soon.
Old 05-20-15, 06:29 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I would say get another F or the Panamera!
Old 05-20-15, 07:54 PM
RichFlair
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexusNN
I would say get another F or the Panamera!
How do you feel about your GTR?
Old 05-20-15, 07:58 PM
NarsISF
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you feel about your GTR?
did they end up totaling it?
Old 05-20-15, 08:24 PM
RichFlair
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NarsISF
did they end up totaling it?
My insurance is through farmers. The car was towed to cooks collision where it s being disassembled and assessed. I'll know the decision either tomorrow or Friday.
Old 05-20-15, 09:22 PM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Good luck with the outcome. I would want it totaled vs trying to fix it. Glad you were not injured.
Old 05-21-15, 08:04 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

My insurance is through farmers. The car was towed to cooks collision where it s being disassembled and assessed. I'll know the decision either tomorrow or Friday.
If they DONT total it make sure you get a DIMINISHED VALUE ASSEMSMENT! I had my past Is250 rear ended on freeway and rear looked horribly in comparison if not worse than yours they did not total it. I paid 22K for the car at the time, had 14K worth of damages, got 9200 in diminished value, sold car for 15K, and made money and bought my F shortly there after..
Old 05-21-15, 08:38 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Glad you're ok & horribly sorry for your loss. Very tragic.
Old 05-21-15, 06:23 PM
tronim
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm not saying this because of any conflict of interest for your parts, but damn brother- I would NOT accept this car back if it was me. I am not so confident they could repair that rear pillar adequately for a car like this.
Old 05-21-15, 07:40 PM
RichFlair
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tronim
I'm not saying this because of any conflict of interest for your parts, but damn brother- I would NOT accept this car back if it was me. I am not so confident they could repair that rear pillar adequately for a car like this.
Yea I'm not seeing the light at the end of this tunnel. My insurance is basically opening a refrigerator door every 5 minutes hoping for something good.
Old 05-22-15, 11:58 AM
zeyger
Former Sponsor

Farmers is tough to deal with. If you were not moving this would not be an at fault accident unless some contingency places you where you were not supposed to be. Who's the insurer for the truck?

If they're trying to repair it, fight it. That car should ABSOLUTELY be a write off. If they repair it, even with the diminished value you're going to be in a worse situation than before. I can offer some assistance in the steps with the other insurer. I'm in California too.

Shoot me an email or give me a call: Michael@zeygerinsurance.com - 818-266-7219.

-Michael

Quick Reply: Totaled isf