IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

door panels

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-15, 10:03 AM
J2K
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G9N
Man I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person with this issue. When I had my tint installed the tint guy took off chunks of the vinyl when removing my door panels. I'll have to call to see if my car is covered!
The same thing happened to me when I got my tint replaced a few months back. I raised hell with the owner of the tint company and made him pay for the damage (which couldn't be completely repaired), but I feel kind of bad now knowing that our interior trim is such garbage.
Old 05-08-15, 11:34 AM
Frank1298
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These are some of the problems I have had with my car. The rear window has been replaced and of course the headlights cause the buble that is caused by the heat. Need to take the car in to get these things looked at. Where I boutght my car Im pretty sure that my car has a warranty for my interior.
Old 05-08-15, 04:37 PM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

I dont know , i didnt do anything special , when i went to the dealership to claim my problem in the interiors , headlamps,rear view mirror, winshield rubbers etc . All was taken cared off by the dealership! It took some time to fix everything , it was done gradually untill they finished everything. My service advisor is Antonio Colon from Lexus San Juan , and he makes a big diference in service.
Old 05-29-15, 09:47 AM
J2K
Pole Position

I received the quote from the dealership to replace my garbage interior door trim.... $5600!!!! Lexus corporate graciously offered to cover 25% because ISFs are not included in the enhanced service campaign. This is pretty much the offer that I was expecting. I declined the offer and will be joining the class action lawsuit for the defective IS interior trim and dashboards.
Old 05-29-15, 03:20 PM
specie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What products (if any) did you guys use to clean your panels/dash? I've had problems with the 350 (even with dark tint and sunshade) but not the F.
Old 05-29-15, 04:15 PM
J2K
Pole Position

Originally Posted by specie
What products (if any) did you guys use to clean your panels/dash? I've had problems with the 350 (even with dark tint and sunshade) but not the F.

I've only used a microfiber towel wet with a bit of water.
Old 05-29-15, 06:33 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by J2K
I received the quote from the dealership to replace my garbage interior door trim.... $5600!!!! Lexus corporate graciously offered to cover 25% because ISFs are not included in the enhanced service campaign. This is pretty much the offer that I was expecting. I declined the offer and will be joining the class action lawsuit for the defective IS interior trim and dashboards.
Let us know what comes of it! I'm still waiting to hear back from the service rep about mine. They did quote me over 1500 for just the one door panel but put a call in for a good will situation.
Old 08-03-15, 09:05 PM
pharnhyte
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump, same issue with my car, its from Florida, the dash is fine, but the door panels aren't. Despite the fact that it shares the same material with the 06-08 IS250/350, I don't see why it wouldn't be covered. Called Lexus today, they said take it to the dealer to see what they say..... I have to go in there with my best foot forward....
Old 08-04-15, 03:54 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I posted in reference to this issue when I had my 2007 is250. I was completely shocked when I touched my dashboard and it felt like jelly. I raised hell with Lexus corporate, I didn't take no for an answer. I wasn't a jerk, rather stern and polite. The dealership will make smaller issues happen but something like this, corporate has to get involved. They did end up changing out the dashboard for me. We got to be careful absolutely no oil/ grease of any type on this material. With the high humidity and heat from Florida, it causes a chemical reaction with the material. It will literally melt as times goes by. With good cleaning habits and weekly care, thus far my previous 350, previous F, and current F have had no issues. Good luck!
Old 08-04-15, 04:48 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

I have an apt Friday to get my wire harness protector replaced. I'm gunna talk with my sa about this again but he is telling me they can't even order the panel because there is non out there..I finds that a lite hard to believe but I cannot say for sure because I di not have access to they supply system. I'm not in Florida and as far as I know my car has never spent any significant amount of time there. I am beginning to wonder if I need to join that class action lawsuit.
Old 08-04-15, 09:55 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Get a hold of corporate...
Old 08-04-15, 01:35 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Get a hold of corporate...
I did. They told me it wasn't covered because the vin isn't in the batch of affected parts. I told them I know for a fact I am not the only ISF with this problem.
Old 08-04-15, 02:01 PM
pharnhyte
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lmood
I did. They told me it wasn't covered because the vin isn't in the batch of affected parts. I told them I know for a fact I am not the only ISF with this problem.
That's what they told me. I'm thinking the amount of cars would be low. 08 IS-F's in generally Southern climate,maybe out West. That wouldn't even be 1000 cars.
Old 08-04-15, 02:51 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pharnhyte
That's what they told me. I'm thinking the amount of cars would be low. 08 IS-F's in generally Southern climate,maybe out West. That wouldn't even be 1000 cars.
You're right but with an F with the same part number door panel what's probably a few hundred more?
Old 08-04-15, 03:04 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lmood
Wrong approach! Obviously the IS F isn't covered in the National Recall campaign. You have to come across like this part is defective, it shouldn't have happened, this isn't an F Sport, it's an F!!! And starts at 63k base price. You can care less about the campaign. They need to resolve this issue...

Quick Reply: door panels