IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

door panels

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-15, 02:57 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default door panels

Is anyone else's drivers door panel like this?
Old 05-07-15, 03:18 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

are you rubbing up against it while driving? mine doesn't look like this. even when closing the door, i probably don't even directly touch this part.
Old 05-07-15, 03:26 PM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Definitely not. I don't even know how you would get wear there?
-R
Old 05-07-15, 03:35 PM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It happened to my ride even worse it was replaced by good will of the deslership, because it was out of warranty didnt cost me a penny they replaced all door pannels and dashboard
Old 05-07-15, 03:36 PM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

I belive theres a bulleting or recall on that even on is250/350
Old 05-07-15, 04:16 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Nope. Mine is fine.
Old 05-07-15, 04:21 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Kokisf, please do tell how you talked them into doing that. Its from my knee when I drive and I cannot stand how it looks. It was small about a month ago and over the past few weeks its gotten huge. Part of my panel is sticky and really soft like the rubber is breaking down.
Old 05-07-15, 04:41 PM
J2K
Pole Position

I've had so many issues with the interior door trim on my F, that I've lost count. My main issue is that the tops of the interior door panels get sticky and appear to almost melt when the car is parked in the sun for an extended amount of time. Because I live in Florida, this translates to I constantly have sticky door panels. The trim is so soft and easily marred that my 2 year old son actually put these gouges in the passenger side rear door panel with his index finger on a five minute ride home last week.

I called Lexus Corporate yesterday to inquire about getting the interior door trim replaced through their "enhanced warranty campaign" (or something like that) and was told that my VIN number was not part of the campaign. I believe the only eligible vehicles are 2006 - 2008 ISX50's. Corporate did say that if I took my car to the dealer and got an estimate to have the door panels replaced that they would have a case manager evaluate my case and get back to me. I did this today, but I'm not holding my breath....

There apparently is a class action lawsuit regarding the IS interior trim and dashboard issues. I reached out to the law firm today for more information. Here's a link to the thread with more info if anyone is interested --> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-lawsuit.html
Attached Thumbnails door panels-img_1547.jpg  
Old 05-07-15, 04:50 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by J2K
I've had so many issues with the interior door trim on my F, that I've lost count. My main issue is that the tops of the interior door panels get sticky and appear to almost melt when the car is parked in the sun for an extended amount of time. Because I live in Florida, this translates to I constantly have sticky door panels. The trim is so soft and easily marred that my 2 year old son actually put these gouges in the passenger side rear door panel with his index finger on a five minute ride home last week.

I called Lexus Corporate yesterday to inquire about getting the interior door trim replaced through their "enhanced warranty campaign" (or something like that) and was told that my VIN number was not part of the campaign. I believe the only eligible vehicles are 2006 - 2008 ISX50's. Corporate did say that if I took my car to the dealer and got an estimate to have the door panels replaced that they would have a case manager evaluate my case and get back to me. I did this today, but I'm not holding my breath....

There apparently is a class action lawsuit regarding the IS interior trim and dashboard issues. I reached out to the law firm today for more information. Here's a link to the thread with more info if anyone is interested --> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-lawsuit.html
Oh wow! I am an 08 I may have to contact corporate. Any particular number or email?
Old 05-07-15, 05:24 PM
J2K
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lmood
Oh wow! I am an 08 I may have to contact corporate. Any particular number or email?
1-800-25-LEXUS..... good luck!
Old 05-07-15, 07:18 PM
kirk200
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is indeed a Lexus "warranty enhancement" program active right now referring to sticky/gummy dashboards and cracked dashboards. Our 2004 RX330 is part of that program. I don't have the snail mail letter from Lexus here with me but it did cover a bunch of models over a range of years. Our local Lexus dealer told us to check back in this month to confirm part availability. So I would go ask your dealer about this Lexus process and see if your IS F is covered. The RX would be covered through 2017 regardless of mileage under this program. Good luck! Kirk
Old 05-07-15, 09:38 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

The interior quality on the F is absolutely not to the same quality as my LS460. Leather scratched today by accident with the finger nail on my pinky finger. I am a little disappointed to say the least. All Im going to say is call Fibrenew . They will fix all of that for less than a $150-$200
Old 05-07-15, 10:01 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love these cars, have owned 2 of them but I still say the quality of the materials in the interior of the F are pitiful. I just got my seats repaired cause I was tired of how the cheap material was full of cracks and now when I get in car I am extra careful to not slide in on the bolster cause I know it will not be long before it will be scuffed if I do.
Old 05-08-15, 06:50 AM
G9N
Driver

Man I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person with this issue. When I had my tint installed the tint guy took off chunks of the vinyl when removing my door panels. I'll have to call to see if my car is covered!
Old 05-08-15, 09:09 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

So I just got off the phone with corporate. They told me as well I'll have to get it inspected and contact them again with the quote and that will get forwarded to a case manager. The woman I spoke with did tell me that the f is not covered under the recall for the 2 and 350s. I told her I know I'm not the only one with the problem with the the door panels "melting" and or dye rubbing off to which she replied if more people bring it to their attention it could very well be extended to cover the f. So contact corporate people! My 95k service is coming up and I am going to be getting this inspected and possibly asking for a good will from m the dealership to get this replaced.

Quick Reply: door panels