IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bnizzle and I track the F yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-15, 01:37 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts
Default bnizzle and I track the F yesterday!

first of I would like to thank some members who helped me to prep my car for the track day. You know who you are so I don't have to mention you...THANKS AGAIN!.I had few black flags for not running the blend line and a meatball flag for my engine hood open..lol... It was awesome driving the F, although its my first time on the track, I have to point by some slower cars behind me. I point by a Subaru brz, coz that driver can drive...If you guys think you know your car on high speed and cornering..hmmm think again. I thought I know my car very well until I hit the track yesterday. I was doing over 130mph on the oval then, slowing down to 30mph/40mph due to the tight apex was adrenaline rush.. I almost spun around as well and hit the dirt...I had the traction control ON since its my first time and would like to see how it would work, but 100% manual mode and SPORTS mode...I've seen some Porsche, lambo and Ferrari actually doing much faster, but they're on high performance group. luckily for me I went home in one piece and not crashing...on my last run, I pushed the F hard and notice that I had 5 bars on my temp and I could feel that the car was exhausted...lol..anyway here's some clips, gps on my dash cam not working properly and I don't know why youtube is not showing high resolution. thanks for watching. Thanks to quarius for bing there too to support us and our official photographer..

Attached Thumbnails bnizzle and I track the F yesterday!-wp_20150503_005.jpg  
Old 05-04-15, 01:48 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Cool videos you guys had an awesome time !!!
Old 05-04-15, 02:36 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, enjoy the car the way it was meant to be enjoyed.
Old 05-04-15, 02:37 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

very cool. Man those tracks you guys run on are so different from what I run. My tracks are so much more technical but we dont get over 105 mph- 110 mph max . This looks like its much open and less technical but much higher speed. Again, this is why my track days kill my tires and yours will kill the brakes. LOL So glad you had a chance to see how she feels with some real driving. Welcome to the track club buddy !!
Old 05-04-15, 03:16 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

awesome, looks like you had a blast Chris. were you able to install the borla before heading out?
Old 05-04-15, 03:50 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
very cool. Man those tracks you guys run on are so different from what I run. My tracks are so much more technical but we dont get over 105 mph- 110 mph max . This looks like its much open and less technical but much higher speed. Again this is why my track days kill my tires and yours will kill the brakes. LOL So glad you had a chance to see how she feels with some real driving. Welcome to the track club buddy !!
^^^ yeah my tires were toast also, I almost spun around on one of the turn, kinda like hair pin turn!!!! but damn, its crazy..
Originally Posted by cremaster
awesome, looks like you had a blast Chris. were you able to install the borla before heading out?
yeah its was awesome run. I haven't installed it yet, whenever I get a chance I would...
Old 05-04-15, 05:21 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Which track were you guys at?
Old 05-04-15, 05:38 PM
quarius
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Working on the pics now. Wish I could have joined you both on the track but at least I was there to support. The California Speedway is a great track and always a blast, pity more F owners don't do this at least once to really get a feel for the true reason this car was designed in the first place. You really get to know how to handle your car and play with others on the track in a fast but safe manner.
Old 05-04-15, 06:03 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Originally Posted by quarius
Working on the pics now. Wish I could have joined you both on the track but at least I was there to support. The California Speedway is a great track and always a blast, pity more F owners don't do this at least once to really get a feel for the true reason this car was designed in the first place. You really get to know how to handle your car and play with others on the track in a fast but safe manner.
thanks for showing up jeff, yes indeed it was a blast!!!, please don't show them the open hood...lol..
Old 05-04-15, 06:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah , when you hit the track you have to be willing to kill those tires and brakes. I remember I hit INDE in AZ 1 week after I had a fresh set of PSS installed and they were pretty toasted. Whats cool is that the PSS will stick really well even when worn down really good.
Old 05-04-15, 06:56 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Yeah , when you hit the track you have to be willing to kill those tires and brakes. I remember I hit INDE in AZ 1 week after I had a fresh set of PSS installed and they were pretty toasted. Whats cool is that the PSS will stick really well even when worn down really good.
tires and brakes are replaceable, having to drive the F on the track is irreplaceable.
Old 05-04-15, 09:07 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Always enjoy seeing other F's taking it to the track to really push the car. Awesome job.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 05-04-15, 10:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chris07is
tires and brakes are replaceable, having to drive the F on the track is irreplaceable.
Thats why I do them all the time. 6 track days in 10 months. Id say my F is seasoned. So happy I decided to trade my LS460 . I bought the F specifically to go to the track. Its already hot as hell here so Im not doing track days until at least October .
Old 05-04-15, 11:29 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by chris07is
thanks for showing up jeff, yes indeed it was a blast!!!, please don't show them the open hood...lol..
Yes to the open hood! I kept wondering why I didn't see you for a bit of time haha.

Total blast learning the car with a friend, Chris. As owners, it is our right to understand how our cars behave and what it will take to extract that extra level of excitement that regular street driving simply cannot give us. We left unharmed and more confident with our driving techniques, and that is what makes our day a success. The knowledge gained is something we can take with us and apply it not only to our daily driving but also in preparation for the next track event.

Much thanks to you for being my garage mate. I wouldn't want anyone else to share it with. And also thanks to quarius (Jeff) for coming out and hanging with us. The F family always comes together no matter how few or many congregate. See you both in a couple of weeks!
Old 05-04-15, 11:38 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

looks fun but scares me how you state that the car is totally different on the track when we think we already know the car.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: bnizzle and I track the F yesterday!