IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Embarrassing Story

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-15, 06:55 AM
Isflamez
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Embarrassing Story

So this past Saturday morning I am outside warming up and wiping down the F before i head to my local cars and coffee meet. My keys are on a strap that i wear around my neck and while wiping the wheels down i put my keys on the roof. I pull out of my apartment complex and hear this sound like something was sliding around in my trunk. Dont think anything of it and i get to the meet, park up, shut the car off. Go to grab my keys and they are nowhere to be found. Immediately i realize i drove off with the keys on the roof

Now im stuck at this meet with no way to get back to look for the keys, Hour goes by and i get my co worker to head over to look for the keys which are on a red strap so they should be easily seen on the ground. cops come and help him out but no luck. someone had to have picked them up.

All in all i end up getting the car towed to the dealer and pay 426.00 dollars for a new key.

I hope everyone had a better weekend then i did!
Old 05-04-15, 07:08 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That sucks! Bright side of the story is no one or animals were hurt.

When I bought my car I only had one key too. I always thought about something of that nature happening or the battery in the fob dying.

I hope you purchased two keys...?
Old 05-04-15, 07:16 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

$426! Was it both keys? Sorry this happened. I actually had something similar to me happen when the guy I had do some tint work left them sitting on the roof with the car running. I drove off since I normally have the key in my pocket if the car is running. I heard something fall and almost immediately afterwards noticed the "no key" indicator flashing so I turned around and pulled over only to retrieve my fob in a million pieces after somebody ran it over.

Fortunately it was just one key and I ended up replacing it with the credit card key for around $300... Expensive but, it's nice to have one less thing in my pocket and one less thing I'm able to forget.
Old 05-04-15, 07:17 AM
Isflamez
Rookie

Originally Posted by kauaian
That sucks! Bright side of the story is no one or animals were hurt.

When I bought my car I only had one key too. I always thought about something of that nature happening or the battery in the fob dying.

I hope you purchased two keys...?
They only had one in stock. i am going to wait a week to see if my original shows up. Cop got my information in case someone turns them in.
Old 05-04-15, 07:26 AM
Isflamez
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sean
$426! Was it both keys? Sorry this happened. I actually had something similar to me happen when the guy I had do some tint work left them sitting on the roof with the car running. I drove off since I normally have the key in my pocket if the car is running. I heard something fall and almost immediately afterwards noticed the "no key" indicator flashing so I turned around and pulled over only to retrieve my fob in a million pieces after somebody ran it over.

Fortunately it was just one key and I ended up replacing it with the credit card key for around $300... Expensive but, it's nice to have one less thing in my pocket and one less thing I'm able to forget.
one key

key- 83.64
transmitter-185.29
labor-130.00
tax-27.93
Old 05-04-15, 07:39 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Oh yea, I did pay $60 to have it programmed. But it was at Toyota. It reminds me, I still need to get the key cut since I've haven't been to a Lexus dealership. Ever actually. LOL

For now, I do keep a spare battery in my wallet just in case.
Old 05-04-15, 07:40 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wtf. My GS will show a no key detected sign and itll be blinking. Fs dont do that?
Old 05-04-15, 07:49 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

They do, but in the same display area as the gear indicator / mileage / outside temp / etc. It's possible to miss if you don't typically pay attention to that display and if you are mentally preoccupied enough to forget your key in the first place.
Old 05-04-15, 07:50 AM
Isflamez
Rookie

Originally Posted by Justin2JZ
Wtf. My GS will show a no key detected sign and itll be blinking. Fs dont do that?
It probably did do that but i guess i never glanced at it. But youre right the i feel like the blinking would of caught my eye.
Old 05-04-15, 08:29 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Isflamez
one key

key- 83.64
transmitter-185.29
labor-130.00
tax-27.93
Labor to purchase a new key?
Old 05-04-15, 08:38 AM
Isflamez
Rookie

Originally Posted by dannyk8232
Labor to purchase a new key?
labor is for programming of the key
Old 05-04-15, 08:39 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

yikes. thanks to your story, i will make extra careful super sure i never lose the key!
Old 05-04-15, 09:07 AM
supafreeza
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Isflamez
It probably did do that but i guess i never glanced at it. But youre right the i feel like the blinking would of caught my eye.
Mine displays the missing key fob and makes loud audible beeping noises, too. Maybe you had the music blasting?
Old 05-04-15, 10:08 AM
Isflamez
Rookie

Originally Posted by supafreeza
Mine displays the missing key fob and makes loud audible beeping noises, too. Maybe you had the music blasting?
lol yes always blasting tunes.
Old 05-04-15, 10:16 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

oh man that sucks. I am surprised you didnt noticed the key not detected flash. Sorry about the drama

Quick Reply: Embarrassing Story