IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What Radar detector are you using

Old 04-20-15, 07:42 PM
BieberNutz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean
How did you deprogram? I just turn off the volume down in town, but I never notice the man actually running with radar on in town anyways.

I've looked a tiny bit into it but without taking more time to understand it's kind of confusing. Is there a specific guide you followed?
@Sean, not sure if this is what the OP was referring to or not but worth read if you haven't seen it before.

This sort of post deserves a poll That said, I too have & love my V1
Old 04-20-15, 09:28 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

I've used the Valentine One a couple years ago, and on long drives its super amazing. Threat detection was awesome and really preemptive, but its best on open roads if you are in a town a lot of radars tend to freak out.
Old 04-21-15, 05:16 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the 9500ix and it works sometimes but I have always felt like it doesn't catch everything. A few month ago I was pulled over and it never went off. I'm not sure why that is but my sister has the same unit and she also feels like it misses sometimes.
Waze is a no brainier and if I do anything else I am getting jammers next.
Old 04-21-15, 05:39 AM
kbtoiz
Pole Position

I got a Passport Max. Got a ticket the other day and the detector never went off. I believe the cop paced me and just said he got me on radar. It has saved me a lot of times, this is why I believe that cop was full of crap.
Old 04-21-15, 07:46 AM
ISFTOMMY
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean
How did you deprogram? I just turn off the volume down in town, but I never notice the man actually running with radar on in town anyways.

I've looked a tiny bit into it but without taking more time to understand it's kind of confusing. Is there a specific guide you followed?
Follow this its easy. I turned off x band and i still keep k just because of school zones.

(http://www.valentine1.com/v1info/pdf...-REVforPDF.pdf)
Old 04-21-15, 07:50 AM
thatnewguy
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexgendboi
Silly question, it was obvious that you had some jamming devices in your vehicle to forbid him from picking up your speed. And for that, would he still pull you over???
It's all in what the officer could articulate. But if that officer had been shooting laser in that spot for any amount of time that day and all of a sudden he cannot get a lock on your vehicle, that's enough to stop you and look into it more.
Old 04-21-15, 09:01 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by thatnewguy
It's all in what the officer could articulate. But if that officer had been shooting laser in that spot for any amount of time that day and all of a sudden he cannot get a lock on your vehicle, that's enough to stop you and look into it more.
Interestingly enough, laser is actually regulated by the FDA so 'most' counties and states don't have a policy if you're using a laser jammer or shifter as a means of protection. Unless there is a law specifically written covering those devices they are completely legal. Check out radardetector.org for tons of really good reviews and information.
Old 04-21-15, 09:12 PM
hgill02
Driver

Valentine 1, with K and X band off while in town. Only see radar and laser used where i live.
Old 04-22-15, 06:05 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I'm just gonna get the passport max2!!!! Should do the job!!!
Old 04-23-15, 07:15 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BieberNutz
@Sean, not sure if this is what the OP was referring to or not but worth read if you haven't seen it before.

This sort of post deserves a poll That said, I too have & love my V1
Originally Posted by thedude23
Follow this its easy. I turned off x band and i still keep k just because of school zones.

(http://www.valentine1.com/v1info/pdf...-REVforPDF.pdf)
Thanks guys. I also found this as a settings recommendation, but I guess I can't program sweeps with out the bluetooth module.

https://www.rdforum.org/content/how-...valentine-one/
Old 04-23-15, 08:17 AM
EpikOEM
Rookie

I've used my Passport 8500 X50 for 6 years now. It has worked for me most of time and saved me quite a few times. Except when the police hit me with the Laser gun. By the time, my radar detector catches that, it is too late anyways because it is a direct signal shot at my vehicle and it seems to only catch that signal when it is shot directly at me.

Last edited by EpikOEM; 04-23-15 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-23-15, 07:52 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JdSwiper
I think I'm just gonna get the passport max2!!!! Should do the job!!!
dont waste your time, I really dont like mine. 9/10 I find myself using my 9500IX still and leaving the max 2 on the shelf.
Old 04-24-15, 03:56 AM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Biggu
dont waste your time, I really dont like mine. 9/10 I find myself using my 9500IX still and leaving the max 2 on the shelf.
Ok, point noted!
Old 04-24-15, 11:51 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by EpikOEM
I've used my Passport 8500 X50 for 6 years now. It has worked for me most of time and saved me quite a few times. Except when the police hit me with the Laser gun. By the time, my radar detector catches that, it is too late anyways because it is a direct signal shot at my vehicle and it seems to only catch that signal when it is shot directly at me.
I can speak to this exact situation with the same unit. Got lasered just this past Saturday from the oncoming lane. These are useless against laser. Luckily the cop was cool and let me off with a warning (that was a first).
Old 04-24-15, 01:11 PM
SatComm302
Driver

Originally Posted by Biggu
Why don't you like the Max2?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What Radar detector are you using