IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

This is rather annoying......(street challenges)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-15, 03:21 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^lol I hope you left him a good tip
Old 04-09-15, 08:34 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks for all the comments you guys. I enjoy reading your experiences too. This is my first true sport sedan and i had no idea it will attract so much unwanted attention.
Old 04-09-15, 08:37 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,843 Likes on 2,331 Posts

I only rarely get anyone acting up around me. Every once in awhile I use the power to get somewhere I want to go ahead of someone else, but it's not like we're revving at each other.

Driving the Supra isn't the same at all. All kinds of boneheads want to race. I don't bother. Most aren't even worth the gas.
Old 04-09-15, 09:36 PM
ISFCOBRA
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah street challenges are really annoying. Recently while out shooting hoops with my son in front of our home i have people revving engines (Mustangs, WRX and Honda's) A teenager in his WRX always waves his hands for a race. This freaking stupid and makes me laugh as they are not even worth wasting my gas.

This is my daily driver and love every minute of minute.
Old 04-10-15, 07:27 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I drive my F usually on weekends and maybe once during week. I rarely get any challengers. Now my wife rarely drives cause its too loud, but everytime she drives, she has a story about someone wanting to try. Where are these losers when im driving
Old 04-10-15, 07:47 AM
Pole Position

never had anyone try to run me that i didn't blip on first. the F is the most inconspicuous performance car i've ever owned.
Old 04-10-15, 07:58 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

1st off I don't street race. Not only is it dangerous, but in CT they can seize your car. I do get a lot of lookers & compliments. Every once in a while as the OP stated some schmuck will pull up & start revving. I'll just shake my head no and give them an "are you kidding?" look. As much as they might deserve to get dusted.
Old 04-10-15, 10:49 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

I guess it depends on where you live. I still get complements people taking pictures etc. And like VJ I get all types that want to run. Not many young guys in Honda they know what ISF for me in my neck if woods its typically guys in 335, M3,C63, Mustangs, Vettes, SS Camaro etc and surprisingly enough new phenomenon recently has been all the new 3IS F Sport 350, GS F Sport and to some extent 250 F Sport they always make me laugh.

I really enjoy 3IS and GS, F Sport cars watching them try to catch up to me on the highway, Pkwy and street cut in front of me to show how fast they're shiny new F Sports are. When that occurs if traffic is permitting I usually show them what a true F car is capable of.

Last edited by Weapon F; 04-10-15 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-10-15, 10:58 AM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Weapon F
and surprisingly enough new phenomenon recently has been all the new 3IS F Sport 350, GS F Sport and to some extent 250 F Sport they always makes me laugh.

I really enjoy 3IS and GS, F Sport cars watching them try to catch up to me on the highway, Pkwy and street cut in front of me to show how fast they're shiny new F Sports are. When that occurs if traffic is permitting I usually show them what a true F car is capable of.
IMO, most guys that are driving these cars seem to be newbies in the car world and don't even understand hp or even that there was a V8 ISF. They more likely don't even know how much hp their car has. They think all "F"s are the same.
Old 04-10-15, 12:20 PM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

I'll probably get flamed for this but honesty is my policy..

I'm always looking for a good street race in the right place. My car, even with the body mods I've done (blue cals, blackouts, etc.), neither gets thumbs up nor race attention. I live in Chicago and spend a good deal of time in Lake County as well.

Part of me thinks is the Lexus badging. I do see people pull up and "corner eye" the car like they don't want me to see them looking. I suppose ///M guys probably get this "assumed snobbery" a lot too. Part of me thinks my younger age behind the wheel may have something to do with it.

If I'm up for a race, I do so respectfully. I get alongside them and let them know via "body language." I never, EVER tailgate or flash brights. I never stare down. I often give thumbs up to the right dude after. And I never race in residential areas.

I've yet to lose a race. Everything from S5s to modded Eclipses to Vettes and CTS-Vs. The latter two gave me the most trouble, but they didn't win. I'm itching for an RS5 and an R8 now that I have my Michelin PSS'. Itching.
Old 04-10-15, 03:20 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Nobody tries racing me at all. ...maybe it's that they are too slow to catch up in the first place. There is too much traffic in my area, so maybe it's that I never am at a light with anybody who wants to race. Maybe the headers and exhaust keep some from making the F Sport assumption.
Old 04-10-15, 05:29 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadrphnia

I'm always looking for a good street race in the right place. My car, even with the body mods I've done (blue cals, blackouts, etc.), neither gets thumbs up nor race attention. I live in Chicago and spend a good deal of time in Lake County as well.

Part of me thinks is the Lexus badging. I do see people pull up and "corner eye" the car like they don't want me to see them looking. I suppose ///M guys probably get this "assumed snobbery" a lot too. Part of me thinks my younger age behind the wheel may have something to do with it.

If I'm up for a race, I do so respectfully. I get alongside them and let them know via "body language." I never, EVER tailgate or flash brights. I never stare down. I often give thumbs up to the right dude after. And I never race in residential areas.

I've yet to lose a race. Everything from S5s to modded Eclipses to Vettes and CTS-Vs. The latter two gave me the most trouble, but they didn't win. I'm itching for an RS5 and an R8 now that I have my Michelin PSS'. Itching.
I hear you, I don't initiate races very often but if opportunity presents itself I will go. The ISF gets the least attention out of my past cars, hell my X5M got called out more but it was also pretty loud. I am not a douche about it either, win or lose I throw a thumbs up I usually get one back. I am not racing Hondas either it's usually other buisness men commuting at the same times as myself driving sport sedans with the odd Camaro or mustang in the mix.
Old 04-10-15, 07:56 PM
toky916
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Live in the 916 area more rosevllie/antelope area and I don't even get this much attention lol I do get f sport comments and rare "street race" lol
Old 04-10-15, 10:04 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadrphnia

Hey...I'm in Lake County...had a couple guys mess with me...I had some fun with a kid and gave up after 65mph...he flew by me and kept going up to 100+ whipping in and out of traffic....
Old 04-11-15, 12:50 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvan
I hear you, I don't initiate races very often but if opportunity presents itself I will go. The ISF gets the least attention out of my past cars, hell my X5M got called out more but it was also pretty loud. I am not a douche about it either, win or lose I throw a thumbs up I usually get one back. I am not racing Hondas either it's usually other buisness men commuting at the same times as myself driving sport sedans with the odd Camaro or mustang in the mix.
X5M are pretty fast stock and when modded are beast, I actually ran one of those week ago at 3:30 in morning coming home from work on Wednesday morning totally dead highway no one behind or in front of us. I was doing 80 in fast lane when X5M pulled onto highway he immediately got behind me, I spend up to 100 he stayed right on my bumper, I got into middle lane at 110 he followed he flashed me got into left lane and past me at least 120 at that point I was annoyed we cleared a slight left hand bend on road into 3 1/2 mile dead flat and straight shot I tucked up behind him and at 140 I began my pass and passed him at 153 I took it up to 160 and shut it down. ISF are pretty stable at high speed and pull hard up top that when come into there sweet spot after they hit triple digits.

Now this isn't something I do all time but conditions were perfect traffic, temp, road so like stated earlier I may get flamed but what can I say had to try this at least once.

Quick Reply: This is rather annoying......(street challenges)