IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

3IS style tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-15, 12:41 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

THIS IS NIGELS!! not specd tuning, but should give us a good idea of what it looks like.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-27-15, 08:16 PM
JohnathanK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So these are some of the SPEC D . apparently they told me it doesn't work on my car. here's what they said . "Hi Johnathan, I am sorry that this taillight will not fit your 13 ISF due to your vehicle come with factory LED setting. The wiring setting were completely different than the one we design for non LED IS."
Attached Thumbnails 3IS style tail lights-a.jpg   3IS style tail lights-spec-d.jpg   3IS style tail lights-spec.jpg  
Old 06-16-15, 01:58 PM
TophersToy
Rookie

Video of the Spec-D (78works) style
Old 06-16-15, 07:52 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by trooke
Any updates as far as people who have ordered them and install?
Yup

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/786182-nigel-jdmparts-tail-lights-have-arrived.html
Old 06-18-15, 12:24 PM
matthewusm
Driver School Candidate

Here are my led tails from Spec D. Fitment is pretty darn good. I was impressed with the overall quality. I have an '08 ISF, and I don't know if they changed the tails/harnesses for the F, but they came with several different harnesses/adapters in the box so I don't think it would be a problem.

The LEDs look fantastic... It's difficult to get a good pic, but nice and bright and even throughout the entire taillight. Really gives the car an updated look at night.
Attached Thumbnails 3IS style tail lights-led1.jpg   3IS style tail lights-img_8358.jpg   3IS style tail lights-img_8353.jpg  
Old 06-18-15, 01:00 PM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

I like these alot actually. I would also black the tailights out with tint so you wouldnt see the white lines even though I have a starfire pearl.

Jonathan said they do not work on the isf 13. I wonder if they would work on my isf 11. Dont think they changed the lights btwn those years.
Old 06-18-15, 02:00 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by One2beH8ed
I like these alot actually. I would also black the tailights out with tint so you wouldnt see the white lines even though I have a starfire pearl.

Jonathan said they do not work on the isf 13. I wonder if they would work on my isf 11. Dont think they changed the lights btwn those years.
Nigel-jdmparts are now available for 09+ but there are some differences between these and Spec-d
Old 06-18-15, 04:19 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by matthewusm
Here are my led tails from Spec D. Fitment is pretty darn good. I was impressed with the overall quality. I have an '08 ISF, and I don't know if they changed the tails/harnesses for the F, but they came with several different harnesses/adapters in the box so I don't think it would be a problem.

The LEDs look fantastic... It's difficult to get a good pic, but nice and bright and even throughout the entire taillight. Really gives the car an updated look at night.
They look really good Can you shoot a small video of these at night with all the functions of the lights maybe??
Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
Nigel-jdmparts are now available for 09+ but there are some differences between these and Spec-d
What are the differences between Nigel-jdmparts taillights and the Spec D taillights?
Old 06-19-15, 08:12 AM
matthewusm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
They look really good Can you shoot a small video of these at night with all the functions of the lights maybe??
I sure will.... The car is at the dealer getting serviced and recalls done so it will be a few days.
Old 06-20-15, 08:05 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar

What are the differences between Nigel-jdmparts taillights and the Spec D taillights?
I have Nigel's... the reverse section is rectangular vs. Spec-D being more shaped with the lines of the tail at an angle. Nigels reverse uses oem bulb and Spec-D has leds here. I havent seen a side by side at night but my guess is Nigel's provide more light with ghe reverse. Spec-D has a wire that runs the trunk arms so that the inner trunk lights function with the brakes. Nigel's do not have this. Nigel's are plug and play without the need of resistor boxes to prevent error codes. Spec-D require the use of these resistor boxes. (No one has answered my question on if these boxes get hot enough to burn the carpet lining ... this was an issue in the 2gs section) Nigel's have rear fog lights wired for the inner trunk lights but these is essentially useless for us here I U.S. however you could always rewire this section for brakes, blinker, or actual rear fog. Nigel's have a black outline in all their versions Spec-D doesn't have this.

I believe Spec-D were the cheapest set for those that jumped in the group buy. Nigel's were $480 shipped. I went with Nigel's based on previous purchase experiences with product quality.

Hope this helps... Def pros and cons across the board

Last edited by MikeFoxx; 06-20-15 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-20-15, 09:03 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

THe LED flasher relay eliminates the need for the resistor boxes. I am using an ebay relay and have no problems with the Tail or front LED turn signals. The relay is also available from Lexus.
Old 06-20-15, 02:33 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
I have Nigel's... the reverse section is rectangular vs. Spec-D being more shaped with the lines of the tail at an angle. Nigels reverse uses oem bulb and Spec-D has leds here. I havent seen a side by side at night but my guess is Nigel's provide more light with ghe reverse. Spec-D has a wire that runs the trunk arms so that the inner trunk lights function with the brakes. Nigel's do not have this. Nigel's are plug and play without the need of resistor boxes to prevent error codes. Spec-D require the use of these resistor boxes. (No one has answered my question on if these boxes get hot enough to burn the carpet lining ... this was an issue in the 2gs section) Nigel's have rear fog lights wired for the inner trunk lights but these is essentially useless for us here I U.S. however you could always rewire this section for brakes, blinker, or actual rear fog. Nigel's have a black outline in all their versions Spec-D doesn't have this.

I believe Spec-D were the cheapest set for those that jumped in the group buy. Nigel's were $480 shipped. I went with Nigel's based on previous purchase experiences with product quality.

Hope this helps... Def pros and cons across the board
Absolutely, thanks for the breakdown on the two tail lights that helps out a lot!
Old 07-18-15, 04:22 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

I found this one on the isx50 forum
Attached Thumbnails 3IS style tail lights-image.jpg  
Old 07-18-15, 09:13 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Man those look sweet!! I wish I wouldn't gotten in on that GB, I totally forgot about it and missed the deadline. I've looked around and can't find anywhere else to buy the Spec-D lights, does anyone know where I can get them?

EDIT: NVM, found them on eBay for around $400 delivered (this is the smoked version): http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=LT-IS25006RGLED

Last edited by jleonard71; 07-18-15 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-20-15, 10:31 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I have the 78works JDM spec tails for anyone curious how they look on a white car. I like them, but my taste isn't for everyone

Name:  98361BF9-A9E3-400C-AEC5-FA7D2890A9DF_zpsqv9pb76n.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  220.0 KB

Name:  0CF7D2E7-64FA-48F7-8502-4D8306750496_zps0g5qnoye.png
Views: 1449
Size:  1.29 MB

Quick Reply: 3IS style tail lights