IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Dealer Road Tested My IsF

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-15, 09:06 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
. Honestly, I wouldn't expect a tech to joy ride in the LFA...imagine how pissed off owners would be then, so the same respect should be given to the IS F. .
Not to go off-topic. But your tech wouldn't even have a chance to touch the LFA. You have the ship it to a centralized facilitiy.

Lets see this video.
Old 03-09-15, 09:25 PM
FMYLIFE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not shocked at all.

This happened to me at a well respected dealer too. They were unable to explain what happened or who did it, but they finally comp'd me an extended warranty for the entire ordeal.
Old 03-09-15, 10:39 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by YotaLex
Wait.... You never had your F @ 120? That's a bigger shocker than the service guys beating it up.... It is irresponsible on their part, it's just part of the game...

It depends where you want to take it though.... You can file a complaint and show managers your video (which is the best choice to see heads roll, it may cost someone their job as well)
Or you can do exactly what you said and let them know they are on camera next time.
My service writer is a good friend of mine and she knows I would have a fit, so my road testing is usually done by the responsible mechanics and not the Lube boy. BUT TO BE HONEST YOUR CAR SHOULD HAVE NEVER HIT THE ROAD FOR A MIRROR REPLACEMENT!
I concur, a mirror issue definitely DOES NOT need a post-repair test drive. I would be livid.
Old 03-09-15, 11:33 PM
kdm
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makes me want to become a technician myself so I can take care of my own car.
Old 03-09-15, 11:44 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Going to buy my dashcam right now lol.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-10-15, 12:15 AM
parasitius
Driver School Candidate

I know a lot of us hate that speed limits are this low and so on but, considered in another way:

Just think how many states this could have been in where what was done with your car would be a felony! I know Texas doesn't have a mandatory reckless @ a certain speed, but, a lot of states start taking **** serious at just 90 or 100 let alone 128

Last edited by parasitius; 03-11-15 at 04:54 AM.
Old 03-10-15, 01:46 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by jum3
Not to go off-topic. But your tech wouldn't even have a chance to touch the LFA. You have the ship it to a centralized facilitiy.

Lets see this video.
Back the topic at hand. What I'm saying is that you wouldn't see techs that work on the LFA going on joyrides or misusing the car simply because the car's owner isn't present. It doesn't matter which tech gets to work on which car. It's the principle of realizing that it's a client's car to be handled with care. It shouldn't matter if it's an LFA, an IS F or some beater car.
Old 03-10-15, 01:56 AM
ImportISF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It almost seems like a common thing to have your ISF get driven aggressively whenever you take it to the dealership.

Here's a recent vid showing how your Lexus techs moves your ISF to the garage. Excessive revving, & peeling out

And another one, owner removed the vid in this thread, but it was of a tech out joy riding, & using his car to rev at other car owners
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...f-dashcam.html
Old 03-10-15, 05:54 AM
Servoman
Driver School Candidate

Default Roadtested

Mine was in for the cooling fan recall and the windshield wiper recall. It had just below a quarter tank of gas when it when in and flat out 0 gas when it came back, the warning light was on, and the range display said 2 miles remaining

Dealer said they did a 4 mile road test. They sure used a lot of gas for 4 miles. They offered me a few gallons of gas if I drove it back to them but it would have taken more gas for the round trip to the dealer than they were going to give me.

Please post details of how to buy, mount and operate this webcam.

David
Old 03-10-15, 05:55 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by parasitius
I know a lot of us hate that speed limits are this low and so on but, considered in another way:

Just think how many states this could have been in where what was done with your car would be a felony! I know Texas doesn't have a mandatory wreckless @ a certain speed, but, a lot of states start taking **** serious at just 90 or 100 let alone 128
Here in Texas, you're considered wreckless at 25+mph over any speed limit. I'm not sure how heavily it's enforced b/c I got nailed in my IS250 back in '08 doing 104 in a 65, but was only given a speeding ticket. The officer didn't mark the box for "wreckless". That may have been b/c it was 3:30 in the morning on an open highway with no one around but me and my thoughts...and the cop.

Back to the OP. I saw you updated that they gave you an extended warranty for your troubles. What kind of EW was it? Hopefully a bumper-to-bumper. I would have accepted nothing less.
Old 03-10-15, 07:10 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

so not to change topics, but what dash cam is everyone using?

Sucks about the situation for sure, I would suggest keeping it off the internet and going to the supervisor and showing it to them.
Old 03-10-15, 07:27 AM
EpikOEM
Rookie

I will make note not to take my car to that dealer. I usually frequent Northside Lexus and I've only been there once. It was for my recalls.
Old 03-10-15, 09:36 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Biggu
so not to change topics, but what dash cam is everyone using?

Sucks about the situation for sure, I would suggest keeping it off the internet and going to the supervisor and showing it to them.
I use the blackbox dash cam. Its only $75 lol and Freaking amazing quality footage, both day and night, and its cheap! It has a screen that you can review footage on, or just pop out the memory card and watch it on your computer. It will automatically overwrite footage when it runs out of space. I use a 32gb micro sd card in mine and it lasts forever before having to rewrite itself. It also has a mic that is very sensitive and pics up conversations too.

Amazon.com : Black Box G1W Original Dashboard Dash Cam - Full HD 1080P H.264 2.7" LCD Car DVR Camera Video Recorder with G-Sensor Night Vision Motion Detection WDR 140° Wide Angle 4X Zoom - NT96650 + AR0330 : Vehicle Backup Cameras : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Black Box G1W Original Dashboard Dash Cam - Full HD 1080P H.264 2.7" LCD Car DVR Camera Video Recorder with G-Sensor Night Vision Motion Detection WDR 140° Wide Angle 4X Zoom - NT96650 + AR0330 : Vehicle Backup Cameras : Car Electronics

Old 03-10-15, 12:46 PM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the Blackvue 600DW. So far since I've had it the techs haven't done any joy rides in my car. I've had a porter rev a few times but its not the end of the world for me. Here is some footage I caught of an RV really just not paying attention:

Old 03-10-15, 04:43 PM
revolut1on
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some footage of my ISF with a BlackVue DR550GW:

I had then upgraded to a DR650GW and here is some rear cam action of me giving it to a 335i Beamer. Don't mind the Asian music, just listen to the JoeZ LoL:

Youtube seems to have downgraded the video quality. The originals from the cam are pretty clear.

Quick Reply: Dealer Road Tested My IsF