IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Well guess it's time to kill it with fire.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-15, 03:50 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG.......

Undid the DVD Bypass. Went around the block, so far so good.
Old 03-13-15, 04:34 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ihiryu
OMG.......

Bro, if it was that much trouble over a DVD bypass I would still burn the thing with fire for making you go through all that BS haha.
Old 03-13-15, 04:57 PM
speeddem0n
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting, im not exactly sure about all the background info on your car but im assuming you have the dvd bypass and you have the check engine light on?

I did the dvd bypass recently and after a few days i got the check engine light and check VSC. I reset it with the obd scanner and so far so good.

I havent completed the dvd bypass 100% yet because i put switches inline so i can switch everything back to normal so what may have happened is a connector touched. And im hoping im lucky enough to not have messed up anything so far. Switches have been off (normal mode) and about 70 miles so far and all is clear...
Old 03-13-15, 05:29 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,844 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by speeddem0n
Interesting, im not exactly sure about all the background info on your car but im assuming you have the dvd bypass and you have the check engine light on?

I did the dvd bypass recently and after a few days i got the check engine light and check VSC. I reset it with the obd scanner and so far so good.

I havent completed the dvd bypass 100% yet because i put switches inline so i can switch everything back to normal so what may have happened is a connector touched. And im hoping im lucky enough to not have messed up anything so far. Switches have been off (normal mode) and about 70 miles so far and all is clear...
Did you get a P0500 code when the lights came on?
Old 03-13-15, 10:18 PM
speeddem0n
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Did you get a P0500 code when the lights came on?
No, heres what I got...

[

Never had a check engine light or the dreaded VSC until now so I figured this was caused by 1 of 3 things:

1. Female connectors on the switches were not fully insulated so they may have touched.
2. Switches/bypass was activated so it detected an abnormality and it doesnt like it.
3. Lately theres a smell when i get on it to pass up a car or fast lane change, something like 'rotten eggs' is the best way to describe it.. and this has been happening before I did the bypass as well.
So im thinking its time to change the plugs which i purchased but need to swap them out. Car could be running rich and caused the O2 code? Although it drives just fine. O2 sensor going out?

Code says 'voltage', so again I go back to saying either a connector touched, or the bypass was activated and it didnt like it. I bought fully insulated connectors and changed them all out,
so i no longer have to hold my breath and try not to move any wires. Also tonight Im at 100 miles and all is still clear on the dash. I probably should hook up the scanner again to see if theres any pending codes.

Last edited by speeddem0n; 03-13-15 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-13-15, 11:10 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,844 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Those codes are all sensor 2 codes, so they would be related to an O2 simulator if you have headers, or the secondary O2 sensors having issues if they are still in place.
Old 03-14-15, 09:53 PM
speeddem0n
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Those codes are all sensor 2 codes, so they would be related to an O2 simulator if you have headers, or the secondary O2 sensors having issues if they are still in place.
No O2 simulator, no headers, no exhaust... all stock. About 150 miles now after I reset the codes and still all clear.
Old 03-14-15, 09:59 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

OMG.......

So my guess was correct??

Code still off?
Old 03-15-15, 12:33 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

My guess would have the DVD / NAV override as well..

There are a couple of PnP NAV overrides that have been known to be problem free..

I've been using the Prestigious Society unit on two cars and well over 130K miles..

Also, before spending the time to pick a part the oem wiring, ecus and changing out costly speed sensors..
Wouldn't it have been easier to disconnect ALL aftermarket products first..!!??

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 03-15-15 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-16-15, 12:02 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speeddem0n

The P0500 code WILL not trigger if the O2 sensors are no good/not ready, and the coolant temp sensor. So if you have any other code IT WILL NOT trigger the P0500.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
My guess would have the DVD / NAV override as well..

There are a couple of PnP NAV overrides that have been known to be problem free..

I've been using the Prestigious Society unit on two cars and well over 130K miles..

Also, before spending the time to pick a part the oem wiring, ecus and changing out costly speed sensors..
Wouldn't it have been easier to disconnect ALL aftermarket products first..!!??

Joe Z
Joe, I'm looking into those as of now. Truthfully, that's how it normally goes right? The problem is that I went a few weeks without the code coming up after the DVD bypass. It wasn't until the speed sensor junction that Lance/Lobux talked about, until it all readlly clicked.

Thanks for everyone's help! I love being a member here. It was a long (expensive) ordeal, but it's finally over. Hopefully if someone else has this issue, they can refer to this thread to figure it out.

-Steve
Old 03-16-15, 01:24 PM
speeddem0n
Pit Crew

The P0500 code WILL not trigger if the O2 sensors are no good/not ready, and the coolant temp sensor. So if you have any other code IT WILL NOT trigger the P0500.

Joe, I'm looking into those as of now. Truthfully, that's how it normally goes right? The problem is that I went a few weeks without the code coming up after the DVD bypass. It wasn't until the speed sensor junction that Lance/Lobux talked about, until it all readlly clicked.

Thanks for everyone's help! I love being a member here. It was a long (expensive) ordeal, but it's finally over. Hopefully if someone else has this issue, they can refer to this thread to figure it out.

-Steve
I put about 200 miles after i cleared the initial codes that came on (when bypass was activated) and left the bypass off/not activated and still have no codes whatsoever.