IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-15, 03:40 PM
todd4566
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my car back from the ELF yesterday and my plastic piece cracked too.. it's one crack and I'm not thrilled.. we'll see how hard I push for a replacement. I pointed it out before I left and was told I'd be called today but so far that call hasn't come.
Old 08-25-15, 10:45 PM
Pie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by todd4566
Got my car back from the ELF yesterday and my plastic piece cracked too.. it's one crack and I'm not thrilled.. we'll see how hard I push for a replacement. I pointed it out before I left and was told I'd be called today but so far that call hasn't come.
Which dealer did you go to?
Old 08-26-15, 10:25 AM
todd4566
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Pie
Which dealer did you go to?
Lexus of Pleasanton
Old 08-26-15, 12:38 PM
Pie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by todd4566
Lexus of Pleasanton
Hopefully they will take care of you. I have an appointment with Lexus of Stevens Creek on 9/12. I have seen most people recommend them for the recall.
Old 08-28-15, 10:23 AM
todd4566
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Pie
Hopefully they will take care of you. I have an appointment with Lexus of Stevens Creek on 9/12. I have seen most people recommend them for the recall.
Great news! The service advisor pinged me and they have a new plastic piece for my car ready to install. Pleasanton Lexus gets a
Old 08-29-15, 05:37 PM
max90034
Rookie

I apologize for "stupid" question but how can I take off the engine cover to see if harness cover was damaged or not? It seems that some of you do it right in front of SA so it should be very straightforward but I cannot see how. Thanks!
Old 08-29-15, 05:55 PM
kukimonsta
Driver School Candidate

just pull straight up....it sits on 4 rubber legs on each corner of the engine...not much force is needed..
Old 08-29-15, 11:53 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean
Picked up mine as well. I did get a fill up which is nice since I brought it in nearly empty. Harness is cracked but I didn't notice until after leaving since it was starting to pour rain as I picked the car up. No tape, just a crack and a small chunk broken off. Hopefully I can convince them to send me a new one. Other than that, no issues I've noticed so far.
Good to hear all went well, do you mind letting me know what dealer you went to in FL? so far of all the dealers in here who have done a good job none of them have been in or close to florida
Old 09-01-15, 06:16 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I performed the Recall 8/18/15 for the ELF recall, i have noticed that when i leave my parking out of my house there has been an oily residue (Didn't bother checking earlier as i hardly drive the car). WELL this afternoon i checked under the hood and noticed that my car is leaking coolant extensively. It's been about 2 weeks now since the recall was performed. Any thoughts? should i contact the dealer? Can they be held accountable for this?

Name:  IMG_3054_zpszqyfz41g.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  192.4 KB
Name:  IMG_3055_zpsva90yuwj.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  382.5 KB
Old 09-04-15, 04:54 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

just thought i would add, South Bay Lexus in Torrance WILL NOT replace the harness after cracking it.

i showed the service advisor my perfect harness, took a photo w/ him before work. then after they had started work, he calls me to tell me that "it is nearly impossible to not crack it bc of the heat cycle blah blah blah." got it back and it was cracked and taped up in two spots. they said w/ "every one" they've done, each one has cracked and the dealership won't be replacing them.
Old 09-04-15, 05:43 PM
kukimonsta
Driver School Candidate

it's up to the SA, although mine didn't crack, SA ordered one just in case....its a $5 dollar part....

try bringing it to another lexus dealership and get a SA that knows our cars...
Old 09-04-15, 05:45 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by cremaster
just thought i would add, South Bay Lexus in Torrance WILL NOT replace the harness after cracking it.

i showed the service advisor my perfect harness, took a photo w/ him before work. then after they had started work, he calls me to tell me that "it is nearly impossible to not crack it bc of the heat cycle blah blah blah." got it back and it was cracked and taped up in two spots. they said w/ "every one" they've done, each one has cracked and the dealership won't be replacing them.
Me to SA - "Thanks for letting me know your techs don't care about the cars they service. I'll be sure to mention it on Club Lexus." I would be calling corporate.
Old 09-05-15, 07:08 AM
todd4566
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by cremaster

That is absolute horse*****. They broke it.. they fix it. Period. You don't take my perfectly fine piece, break it, and say I'm not fixing that. *end rant. I literally just got my car back from Lexus of Pleasanton yesterday from an appointment specifically to have that plastic piece replaced. They gave me no headaches over this,as all dealers should.
Old 09-06-15, 08:39 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

LEXUS Corp. should include the part in the kit... Period!!

This would end these idiotic dealership issues with the harness protector..

Joe Z
Old 09-08-15, 04:24 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

i just called lexus corporate and they will have someone contact me within a couple days. let's see what they say.

Quick Reply: "ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*